Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Pats and celtics nation loves you.

there's not a human being in Boston who doesn't respect mamba. R.I.P

dddd8da4b88531bc3b3da39de8f8ba7a.jpg

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Violent but fast no pain felt

:yeshrug:
Yeah if the reports of them crashing into a mountain is true. They may not even have been aware anything was happening.

Anyway Kobe was a fukking dog. You don’t see pure alphas like that in the NBA anymore. Any other player with Shaq would have deferred to him with the quickness. Kobe was like nah bro this is my shyt, I’m the better player. Respect.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I lost my daughter when she turned 18. Its one of those things as a parent where I felt helpless as she faded away after fighting for 2 months. You just want to trade places with them.

I just know that Kobe wasnt thinking about himself. He was likely hurt that he couldnt do anything at that moment to protect her from what was coming.
Thanks for sharing that, breh. I applaud you and your family to be able to keep it together. Peace & light

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so when you’re hovering in conditions of low visibility , it’s not recommended due to the possibility of alarming passengers AND the possibility of drifting into something or being hit by something during the hover ?
There's nothing wrong with hovering but helicopter pilots feel it will panic the passengers to just sit there, so they fly around (normally in a loop) and talk with air traffic control while passengers just enjoy the ride not really knowing whats going on. Obviously in this instance it ended in tragedy because of the mountain ranges mixed with low visibility and possible mechanical issues. Fog/moisture impacts flight as do mountains. If you've been on a plane you can feel it when you fly through clouds. And while he was in a top-of-the-line chopper, unfortunately it still wasn't enough to overcome the circumstances. And the pilot may have been thinking "They need to get to the location and I cant sit here and hover for an hour until the fog clears." I don't want to speculate too much because this could be the case of pilot error. I guess I'm just hoping for everyones sake it was a mechanical issue. But hearing initially that there was no mayday call it doesn't appear it was mechanical. I didn't even have the stomach to watch the other updates because I felt so sick so I'm not sure if there were any updates.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I lost my daughter when she turned 18. Its one of those things as a parent where I felt helpless as she faded away after fighting for 2 months. You just want to trade places with them.

I just know that Kobe wasnt thinking about himself. He was likely hurt that he couldnt do anything at that moment to protect her from what was coming.
Just went I thought I was out of tears, damn, it don't stop. I never tear up either since my uncle got murdered but I was filled with revenge.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m still pissed off at the pilot deciding to take off in the fog with so much hills in that area
To be fair, the weather may have been different in OC where they left from than the fog, that hangs closer to the coast, where they crashed.

Same thing happens out here the fog can be crazy in sf, go 8 miles east to Oakland, it’s moderate, go 10 more miles east to moraga or Lafayette and there’s no fog.
like many if you, terrible sleep. Woke up multiple times through the night with this on my mind
same, but his daughter kept hanging on my mind. It’s just so sad that she, and two other young teens, didn’t get to live much of their lives

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
To be fair, the weather may have been different in OC where they left from than the fog, that hangs closer to the coast, where they crashed.

Same thing happens out here the fog can be crazy in sf, go 8 miles east to Oakland, it’s moderate, go 10 more miles east to moraga or Lafayette and there’s no fog.

Fog been in and around SoCal since Friday. I remember coming home from doing my laundry in the early evening and the weather didn’t look bad. I leave 15 minutes later and the fog was already here. :mindblown: