Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Kobe
BY DEREK JETER
JAN 26 2020

All I ever needed to know about Kobe Bryant was this: that throughout our friendship, the most meaningful conversations we had — they were always about family. Put aside one of the all-time great basketball careers for a second. Put aside his famous work ethic, the Mamba mentality, that incredible will to win. I’ll let everyone else tackle that. But when I think of Kobe, I really just end up thinking about those special few personal conversations that we were lucky enough to share together, each time one of us had a new baby daughter. I end up thinking about how, here was this guy who was beyond gifted as an athlete, who was obsessed with being a champion, who was known as an absolute assassin with a ball in his hands. And in the moments I got to spend with him? He didn’t really talk about any of that. He cared much more about being a husband to Vanessa and a dad to his girls. He loved his family — he was his family. That’s what was important.

And that’s the Kobe I’ll remember.

I want to give my deepest condolences to Vanessa and the rest of the Bryant family, and to the families of the other passengers. Tragedies like this have a cruel way of reminding us of what’s important in life: spending time with our loved ones, and being there for them no matter what. Which makes today’s events feel especially cruel — because no one needed less reminding than Kobe. I’ve seen the guy go for 81. I’ve seen him hit all kinds of buzzer beaters. I’ve seen him win gold medals and championship rings. But I’ve still never seen him look as happy, in those big moments on the court, as he looked the other day off of it: with an arm around Gigi, sitting courtside, and just….. talking. Yeah, sure, talking hoops — but you got the feeling in those moments that he would have been content talking about anything.

041be12e-gettyimages-1196594255.jpg

Kobe just loved being a dad.

And when it comes to his legacy, I really hope we’re able to take the time to remember that as an essential part of it.

Rest in peace to Gianna Bryant. Rest in peace to the other passengers on board.

And rest in peace to Kobe Bryant — who knew that his life was only as important as the love he had for the people in it. Who knew that he was born to play basketball. But it was family over everything.

Kobe | By Derek Jeter

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn't take Nick Wright serious trying to eulogize Kobe this morning when he's done nothing but try to shyt on and slander Kobe's legacy since he's been on TV. He just had a tweet doing the same when Bron passed Kobe on the scoring list that he had to delete yesterday. Sports media really gotta shift away from these trolling clowns who use these tactics to get engagement and become popular.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
"Online records show that the pilot Zobayan was an instrument-rated pilot, meaning that he was qualified to fly in fog conditions."
See that’s the thing the LA county Sheriffs office grounded all their helicopters due to inclement weather and conditions not suitable for flying.. that memo should have extended to all airmen of private helicopter operators.. Bean and daughter would be alive right now

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
the picture of kobe with david stern actually disturbs me and i wish they would stop showing it on NBATV*

kobe was 40 years younger than him. it's not right.

It’s bad of me to say but even that photoshop with Nip is gross

I hate that oh yes this person died so let’s put them with this other person

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
A wake held in blissful ignorance: Appreciating Kobe...

When Dwight Howard, sitting at his own locker, tried to give Lebron James his proper due for the achievement, he uttered these chilling words: “We don’t appreciate each other as much as we should as a humanity. And I think something like that should be appreciated. You should appreciate people while they’re alive.”