Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Daps
Kobe is only the 3rd MVP to die...

NBA is so young. That's unbelievable

Bob Cousy - 91 years old

Bob Pettit - 87 years old

Bill Russell - 85 years old

Oscar Robertson - 81 years old

Wes Unseld - 73 years old

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 72 years old

Dave Cowens - 71 years old

Julius Erving - 69 years old

Bob McAdoo - 68 years old

Bill Walton - 67 years old

Larry Bird - 63 years old

Magic Johnson - 60 years old

Michael Jordan - 56 years old

The others are Mikan and Moses Malone, right?
Wilt Chamberlain, breh

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just now hitting me that he’s really gone :mjcry:

Whether u were a fan or not he evoked intense emotion in people because he was such a fierce competitor and had an immense borderline irrational self confidence.

Remember damn near coming to blows with people arguing about his his greatness :pachaha:

Watching him play was inspirational and I believe sub consciously helped me break through my many moments of self doubt throughout my life :mjcry:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Took a day off. I'm kind of going through it. To give my own personal anecdote there was never a single game that Kobe played in that I was rooting for him. From a basketball perspective I hated him...how good he was and the heartache he caused me as a kid growing up. There isn't a single player who played my sports villain more than Kobe. That's what's tripping me out right now..and why I ended up tearing up several times throughout the day. I never knew how much I was invested in Kobe by rooting against him. That same investment is why I feel just as bad as some of his biggest fans. Don't just cherish your idols...cherish your rivals and villains.

this is exactly how I feel. You worded it better than I could. I got into the NBA after the Lakers/Sixers finals in 01, so basically my entire fandom of the NBA was based or rooting against Kobe/Shaq and then eventually just Kobe once Shaq got traded. You knew he was that damn good and you feared what he was about to do.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
RIP
:mjcry:damn, this one hits harder than i expected. i've not been into basketball for a few years, but i remember kobe and the lakers dominating in the 2000s.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
I saw that gif or video clip of him and his daughter at a game. Don't know if it was posted here.

She's laughing and he's being such a pure Father.

Damn it.

I don't respect cheaters and was bothered when he did but here's the thing. He seemed very remorseful. From my understanding he never did it again and built a great family.

If that's the case it can totally be forgiven and I never think that. But it showed he was a human being.

He was pure.

I think this is shocking to the masses cause everyone aspires to greatness. Or in my opinion should. And he had a family.
He was so close to his daughter. That energy is power. That's purity. All these idiots moving sideways, treating people bad, crime, murder can get wrecked.

What Kobe had that energy that originality is inspiring.

I saw it on Worldstar and stared at my screen in disbelief. I felt out of body. When reality just doesn't match. I saw it on tmz, froze and just kept saying what the fukk,what the fukk?

I was out of it for hours.

How did you guys react right when you found out? How did you find out?
I just randomly opened IG and saw Kareem Biggs Burke post a pic of Kobe and the caption was RIP Mamba. I was confused I thought he meant like because Lebron had passed him in points he meant like RIP to the mamba legacy or some shyt, I thought it was weird wording. But he also put "condolences to the family" and Inwas just confused. So I rush here and the first thread I see is this. My hands were shaking

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are evil! Kobe lost his life and The Bryant’s also lost Gigi! Kobe spread so much positivity and wealth in the world and there’s people really saying he “he got his” for an alleged rape case? Even ESPN with their “he wasn’t without controversy” bullshyt should be put on blast! No one is without controversies. shyt is sad and upsetting man.

when Peyton passes Ben Roethlisberger passes Nick Bosa and every other racist and rapist go they need to keep that same energy.

shyt just got me hot man I’m done with the internet for a few weeks

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
It feels so incomplete.

Like it was just getting started for him.

Others live full lives and when you hear it, you are at peace with it. But this one... Hurts.

You can feel there was so much left to do.

Exactly. That's 1/4 of the sting is that breh was so relatively young. Like he has 40 - 50 more years to just be a Living Legend, like so many of the old head NBA or NFL players, or old head legends in anything.....surreal.