Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I was watching Pro Bowl and they broke in with the news Kobe died.I lost it. Hard to comprehend this. I can't even think right now shyt is hard can't front.

I was checking my local channels and nobody said anything to confirm it until I hit CBS and Jim Nantz with the most somber Hello Friends that's when I knew it was true

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Like I said earlier my older brother died young this passed Oct. he was 49 and a sports NERD. Me, him and my dad we talked sports and played 2k and madden like it was religious to us. My dad still plays 2k everyday to this day since he been retired. And we’ve been hurting since my brother passed. And it sounds crazy but with this Kobe thing, it hit like a cousin passed. We all watch this guy grow up before our eyes from a young arrogant boy from Merion high school to a global sports ICON and he told us he would. He knew this was his destiny.

We keeping saying and hearing life is fragile. But that means we must live it to fullest. Go out and live your dreams, conquer your fears, achieve those goals. Because even though it’s tragic, especially with his young daughter caught in this, but him and that coach got in that chopper doing what they loved. Living their lives to fullest. And that’s the point. Go out and live brehs. Kobe was living. And he went out doing what he loved to do. And that’s how ima make sense of this.

ima miss the LWO days. I will cherish his highlights. I will lace up his nikes with reverence and purpose. He lived to inspired. And if you’re a fan of Kobe bean Bryant, you should live to inspire too. We will mourn and hurt but we must keep his drive and legacy alive but making the world a better place as he was trying to do.

Long live The Black Mamba

Beautifully said...and my condolences for your loss (R.I.P. to your brother.)

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
It's all over Twitter already and it will be the same for the regular media in the next few days.
I just looked at the headlines on ESPN and Jackie McCallum already has an article titled as “Kobe: curious, relentless and infinitely complicated”... I’m not clicking on that:hmm:

Keeping it real, he was only complicated to "cacs" and honorary "cacs". To everyone else he was just a savant.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
All this info about the conditions during the flight, it’s eerily similar to Aaliyah and the plane being overloaded because she was in such a rush to leave. Makes you think how one decision you make can so drastically change whether you live or die. Not saying that in a malicious way, they could’ve just as easily been driving and had an accident. It’s crazy.

It’s like this young girl that was killed not too long ago here in Chicago. Her sister always picked her up from work, on the day she happened to want to walk home she ended up getting shot in a drive by. Had she just gotten picked up like usual, she’d still be alive.

yup but that’s life. I remember when I was in a devastating car crash like 7 years ago. I never ever usually went out that late but I did that night and hit black ice .

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wanted to wake up and this all be a dream

And it just be a regular Sunday morning again

Except it’s Monday and this tragedy is real and my heart is completely broken. RIP Kobe and GIgi and everyone else who lost their lives yesterday.

We love and will miss you Kobe