Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
A flight plan indicated the helicopter took off from John Wayne Airport in Orange County at 9.06am PST and the last signal was received from the aircraft at 9.45am. It was expected to land at San Gabriel Valley Airport in El Monte.

Those living nearby the crash scene said they heard what sounded like a low-flying airplane or helicopter. Colin Storm said: 'It was very foggy so we couldn't see anything. But then we heard some sputtering, and then a boom.'

Firefighters hiked in with medical equipment and hoses, and medical personnel rappelled to the site from a helicopter, but found no survivors, Los Angeles County Fire Chief Daryl Osby said.
:dwillhuh: how's that flight plan make sense, if they crashed in Calabasas

And they were reportedly flowing low in around Glendale, El Monte / SGV would be to the east.....

To get to SGV from Newport you don't go through Calabasas, at all.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all really gotta chill with “Did ____ say anything?”

Like y’all really asking if that man’s wife and girls mother has posted on fukkin IG the day they died, for y’all benefit.

FOH with that shyt foreal. If you that pressed about it a twitter search will calm your nerves

Canon

Veteran
Daps
ya...kobe is like jeter to me (not comparing them as athletes or anything) but in the sense that I “grew up” w/ them and followed them throughout their careers from high school all the way until post-retirement...I was hearing about them for the most part since I was in high school smh
Same here. Pretty much followers there every move from 6th grade on

this one hit different :francis:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This hit me much harder than I expected. Stunning. Kobe was like Pac to me: I just expect that sort of cat to survive crashes and shootings, logic be damned. People like that seem destined to be ever-present.

The other day I was watching him on Stak and Matt Barnes' podcast via youtube, dude's new perspective on hoops via his daughter was sincere and touching. Borderline impossible to conceive he and she are really dead just days later.

I remember when I was a kid and viewed my uncles as grown ass men. But they were only in their mid to late 20s. Maturing and getting life experience, you come to realize how young even 41 is. Kobe had an entire chapter and then some of life in front of him, and it included watching his daughters develop as humans. That alone and separate from his basketball legacy is devastating and too heavy to know how to mourn.

It's really bizarre to type this, but I actually find myself feeling genuine care and sympathy for his dedicated-to-the-point-of-insanity fanbase. Y'all have to be hurting. Take care of yourselves.

#MambaOut
#MambaAlwaysWithUs

:mjcry:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
can mfs grieve to themselves and close loved ones first, before they hit social media. TF is wrong with you dumb nikkas:mjtf:

chill brah...

People grieve differently.

We look up to alot of these guys and hearing what they have to say helps the grieving process for many.

no need for the name calling. Today is not the day for this