Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just wanna thank everyone for the well wishes regarding my pops.

Also wanna send out some love to people who are going through their own tough times

@wise prophet

Keep your head up breh

Thanks fam.

My condolences also, nobody should have to witness that. Didn't quote the original post out of respect, even tho you may not mind.

Thank you for you consideration fam. I wouldn't have minded.

Deep down I knew he didn't have much time left. Was on dialysis for years, had a drug addiction and had a brain aneurysm the year before. Still kinda fukked me up since he was pretty resilient regardless. Also bothers me that he went out just collapsing in the bathroom even tho I know there isn't really an ideal way of passing.

At the very least he's not suffering anymore.

But remember you can't get caught up in these negative feelings. When my grandmother died I embraced feelings of pain and sorrow for a month or so straight and then i asked myself would my grandmother want me to do that? What would she want? I realized in that moment dwelling is what was keeping me in that slump. People saying games should be canceled? :stop: this is the sport he lived and died for. I hope i see the best basketball I've seen in years today and gay young making that half court shot is just the beginning. I expect certain players to embrace the "mamba mentality" and do God's work

I'm looking at you kyrie :childplease:

I feel you on that, there are times where it can get so easy for me to be negative, especially given how complicated of a past me, my mom and lil bro had with my pops...but then I remember the good times and appreciate and cherish them cuz I know there people out there who don't have that with their father.

It's a process but in a way I'm relearning to appreciate the beauty in life despite some of the ugliness.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps

Soccer world is mourning this heavy.

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-Premier-League.jpg

images

BxdCxApIMAAOmRF.0.jpg
(him in Germany at a bayern game)

a16e7d8b07649be6a246e53fb8c08a01.jpg

(2 real shooters!)
:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
morbid question, but how many living pro athletes past or present would have this kinda impact in death? Lebron no doubt. Tiger and Brady? MJ? i almost feel like due to age and everything Kobe seemed way more invincible.

right now?

ronaldo, messi, lebron, tiger, federer, mj, (although he's in his mid 50's)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
was reading the details about the flight and just in shock. i'm surprised they took off despite the fog. there was a report that they flew in circles for a few minutes because they couldn't see.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
morbid question, but how many living pro athletes past or present would have this kinda impact in death? Lebron no doubt. Tiger and Brady? MJ? i almost feel like due to age and everything Kobe seemed way more invincible.
you pretty much named them all bro.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Carmelo and Iverson would be huge for us

I would be really hurt if those brehs died tragically