Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I still have and cherish my kobe lower merion hs basketball card :mjcry: fukking hell

This is the one

Kobe-Bryant.jpg

Put it straight into one of those card binders when i unpacked it. Knew he was gonna be nice
there was a lil mexican jawn wit a lower merrion HS kobe jersey on :wow: out at staples today

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
why oh why did they fly in that weather and why oh why didn't the pilot just say F it and land rather than circling around before basically flying in blindly in another direction and altitude. 161 knots; by calculation, they hit the mountain at ~ 185 mph, no chance to even know what hit them.
Yea im curious to see what Bill Burr says about this on his podcast cuz he's been learning how to fly his chopper for years now and still is taking tests n shyt

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man, this isn't right brehs

"Kobe Bryant" is not supposed to be DEAD. Not this soon.

I've been out all day so I've avoided most media but I just saw the video of the crash. I wish I hadnt. I didn't wanna see Kobe go out like that. Somethings we shouldn't see just bc we can

I hope in the final few secs his daughter and him were next to each other as they went out together.

video of the crash is fake

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.
So the pilot flew into a mountain because the lack of visibility...fukking shame man. :snoop: I've seen people say that they imagine Kobe just telling his daugher everything is going to be ok, but the reality of it is they may not have even had time to react. In a sense, I almost prefer it that way. Apparently before Aaliyah died, her body went into a state of shock and she had a weak heart knowing what was coming. That just makes it all the more tragic to me. I hope it was fast and painless. :mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
4:56 PM PT -- The Mayor of Costa Mesa, Katrina Foley, just confirmed the identity of one of the other victims in the helicopter crash ... girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, who's married to Tijuana Dogs singer Matt Mauser. Matt also confirmed the news himself.

On Facebook, he wrote ... "My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash. Please respect our privacy. Thank you for all the well wishes they mean so much."

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went on youtube trying to find videos of choppers in fog to see how the visibility is. This is a video of a helicopter in thick ass fog carrying bride and groom to their wedding in Brazil. You can see how you cant see shyt in thick fog. The chopper goes down as a result...

Kobe and them had no business being in the air. You cant see shyt. There needs to be new federal mandates or something. This should not have happened. Miss the game or be later or what ever, but live on.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
exactly. Even tho these things are rare, have everyone go separately, period. fukk having 5 family members going together. There’s enough trains and planes for everyone to not have to be in the same spot all at once

I thought about that too...but then god forbid someone convinces their spouse to take some of the kids on a separate flight and something happens to that flight...that person is gonna probably crush themselves w/ guilt/blame