Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s not suppose to happen like this. What a nightmare. He had so much more to do. His daughter was going to be amazing.

I want to know wtf happen to the helicopter
I agree bro

Sometimes you feel yea this person had a complete life and their job was done.

This was just tragic. You know he had more to do. His daughter too. and it is gone like that

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

wouldn't a pilot know better than to fly in those type of conditions

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Hours later still stunned.

Heard my mom yelling Kobe's dead, been numb ever since. He was supposed to grow old and get fat and be a grandfather and enjoy retirement.

His daughter Gigi too man just gut wrenching.

shyt crazy man. This past 1 1/2 month been surreal for me. Had my dad die in my arms days before Christmas, still kinda fukked up over that. Hearing about charmanders death, we didn't interact but I always thought he was one of the best posters on this site.

Now this shyt.

Life can be beautiful but it can also be real fukking unforgiving and cold sometimes
But remember you can't get caught up in these negative feelings. When my grandmother died I embraced feelings of pain and sorrow for a month or so straight and then i asked myself would my grandmother want me to do that? What would she want? I realized in that moment dwelling is what was keeping me in that slump. People saying games should be canceled? :stop: this is the sport he lived and died for. I hope i see the best basketball I've seen in years today and gay young making that half court shot is just the beginning. I expect certain players to embrace the "mamba mentality" and do God's work

I'm looking at you kyrie :childplease:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
exactly. Even tho these things are rare, have everyone go separately, period. fukk having 5 family members going together. There’s enough trains and planes for everyone to not have to be in the same spot all at once
My wife told me she would rather all four of us die together. I hit her with the :gucci:

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It’s not suppose to happen like this. What a nightmare. He had so much more to do. His daughter was going to be amazing.

I want to know wtf happen to the helicopter
Seen in the news that the helicopter had to get special permission to even fly through that zone. According to the radar the helicopter was hovering in the same spot for like 15 minutes waiting for approval. Once they got let through it looks like they made a sharp u turn and started losing elevation and then crashed into a hill. Just sounds like the pilot shouldn't have been flying in those weather conditions period. I was driving in the morning and you could barely see 20 feet ahead of you in some areas. shyt is just sad man.