Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
The tragic thing is Kobe was just about to enter the prime years of his life (41 years-old). He retired just a couple years ago after busting his ass for 20+ years to build what he got: nice family, money, security.
It was time to enjoy the fruits of his labor...
But it’s all gone in a flash.
Life can be so fickle and cruel:francis:

Always RIP....

But what you just said exemplifies what God has been trying to tell us.

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i gotta stop watching this...my mood is all messed up...my brother, who is a huge basketball fan..we both came up on late 80s to 90s basketball, at the time where he heard the news was in the gym..hes a gym rat like me...when he heard it..he was like "i put the weights down and went home...i dont lose motivation like that but i did"

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.
man if you cant see, why not just look on your radar for an area w/ no buildings and what not and just descend slowly until you touch ground (and/or can see)??

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

If LAPD grounded air support due to the weather why did Kobe and them wanna go in the air? This is weird.

I don't know avaition but I'm guessing a private citizen can do whatever they please as long as it's there aircraft.

I'm guessing once the pilot realized how bad the weather was they alerted control and by then it wasn't much it could to help, not to mention Cali Mountains pop outta no where with that fog already thick and the pilot couldn't see clearly.

I don't wanna sound mean but maybe government restriction is more needed to keep people outta the air when weather is bad, this is a uncalled incident.

I don't wanna step on people's freedom and I'm guessing it was Kobe personal pilot who kobe takes care off.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It’s not suppose to happen like this. What a nightmare. He had so much more to do. His daughter was going to be amazing.

I want to know wtf happen to the helicopter
Probably visibility unfortunately pilot probably wasn't able to see a lot on front of him

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
why oh why did they fly in that weather and why oh why didn't the pilot just say F it and land rather than circling around before basically flying in blindly in another direction and altitude. 161 knots; by calculation, they hit the mountain at ~ 185 mph, no chance to even know what hit them.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
If LAPD grounded air support due to the weather why did Kobe and them wanna go in the air? This is weird.

I don't know avaition but I'm guessing a private citizen can do whatever they please as long as it's there aircraft.

I'm guessing once the pilot realized how bad the weather was they alerted control and by then it wasn't much it could to help, not to mention Cali Mountains pop outta no where with that fog already thick and the pilot couldn't see clearly.

I don't wanna sound mean but maybe government restriction is more needed to keep people outta the air when weather is bad, this is a uncalled incident.

I don't wanna step on people's freedom and I'm guessing it was Kobe personal pilot who kobe takes care off.

this is likely the case of what happened

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Man, this isn't right brehs

"Kobe Bryant" is not supposed to be DEAD. Not this soon.

I've been out all day so I've avoided most media but I just saw the video of the crash. I wish I hadnt. I didn't wanna see Kobe go out like that. Somethings we shouldn't see just bc we can

I hope in the final few secs his daughter and him were next to each other as they went out together.