Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

I know sometimes people can be more worried about their schedule than their safety but that shyt has to always come first. Pilot shouldnt have left the ground if the weather was so bad the LAPD wouldnt brave it.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.
Yeah it was foggy as hell this morning.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Man this is the first celebrity death in my life that really really hit me. Been crying on and off all day. I cant believe it. Kobe was such a huge part of my childhood and I got into basketball as a lil 8 yr old kid his rookie year and rooted for him just cause he was the youngest to ever come out to play in the NBA. Followed his whole career and still do/did to this day. I cant even .... man R.I.P. to Bean and his daughter and all who were lost