humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I was hoping the DLC would do a better retelling of the Frozen world. In KH1 and KH2 (somewhat) the Disney worlds were actually integral to the plot in. For instance, characters like Aladdin and Ariel knew the stakes were high and assisted Sora in defeating the heartless and closing the key hole. Now, we have Sora just showing up to piece together the plot of the movies
frozen was heavily messed with. the disney execs were afraid of what they would do with it.
It's a shame because the world could have been great, tying in Elsa's powers with the darkness would be interesting.
They could have it start with her thinking her power is bringing the heartless in so she runs away and starts the whole let it go thing.
Then have sora being told by hans that they need to find elsa and he meets anna along the way.
They make their way through the castle which is obviously that labyrinth they make us go through in the level.(the reason you can tell is because you make a fractal at the end that looks like elsa's ice palace bottom)

all of the parts were there but disney didn't want them to do s**t with that world.
The problem is disney has changed so much in the 10 years it took for this game to come out so they're not taking certain aspects of this game anymore.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
frozen was heavily messed with. the disney execs were afraid of what they would do with it.
It's a shame because the world could have been great, tying in Elsa's powers with the darkness would be interesting.
They could have it start with her thinking her power is bringing the heartless in so she runs away and starts the whole let it go thing.
Then have sora being told by hans that they need to find elsa and he meets anna along the way.
They make their way through the castle which is obviously that labyrinth they make us go through in the level.(the reason you can tell is because you make a fractal at the end that looks like elsa's ice palace bottom)

all of the parts were there but disney didn't want them to do s**t with that world.
The problem is disney has changed so much in the 10 years it took for this game to come out so they're not taking certain aspects of this game anymore.

I wonder if the 100 Acre Woods world was messed with as well as it seemed rather rushed and pointless. The mini games are all virtually the same and Eeyore was missing in place of Lumpy.

I understand the point of it was that Sora was growing older and losing his connection to Pooh, but it really felt like wasted time and resources that could have been devoted to other parts of the game.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps

Why even put Frozen in the game if they can’t even give Nomura at least a little creative control? Could’ve had Princess and Frog and/or Atlantis and told a dope ass story...with no restrictions since those properties are pretty niche and forgotten. Toy Box would’ve also been dope if it loosely followed the events of the 3rd film

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if the 100 Acre Woods world was messed with as well as it seemed rather rushed and pointless. The mini games are all virtually the same and Eeyore was missing in place of Lumpy.

I understand the point of it was that Sora was growing older and losing his connection to Pooh, but it really felt like wasted time and resources that could have been devoted to other parts of the game.
I think the Japanese voice actor for Eeyore died which is why they didn't add him. The same thing happened with Phil in Hercules world.
but yeah that world was quick like they didn't even care for it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think the Japanese voice actor for Eeyore died which is why they didn't add him. The same thing happened with Phil in Hercules world.
but yeah that world was quick like they didn't even care for it.

I believe you’re right. That’s why Phil didn’t have any lines during the game. The only reason to even go back to it is for the hunny and blackberries for cooking. Even then, it’s not necessary to get through the game.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Why even put Frozen in the game if they can’t even give Nomura at least a little creative control. Could’ve had Princess and Frog and/or Atlantis and told a dope ass story...with no restrictions since those properties are pretty niche and forgotten. Toy Box would’ve also been dope if it loosely followed the events of the 3rd film
frozen was a bigger hit in Japan.
but yeah we needed one more world.
for 4 I need Incredibles , zootopia, moana, and some sort of princess and frog crossover at least.
edit: toy story is another world. since it was the first time working with pixar i wonder if they used kid gloves with them. The thing is the monsters world has more freedom though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
fukk that

Kh3 put all of the dope shyt (humanoid) at the back of the game

If they followin up with 4 imma need more final fantasy and Kh original characters, they leaned way too far into the gimmicks of the disney worlds to where it felt like an annoyance more than a challenge

Or just say fukk it and make Verum Rex a reality :banderas:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
frozen was a bigger hit in Japan.
but yeah we needed one more world.
for 4 I need Incredibles , zootopia, moana, and some sort of princess and frog crossover at least.
edit: toy story is another world. since it was the first time working with pixar i wonder if they used kid gloves with them. The thing is the monsters world has more freedom though.
The fandom has been BEGGING Nomura to put Atlantis in a mainline KH game. I do want Incredibles and Moana as long as the plot is woven into the overarching story. We need the Disney villains back as lackeys for the “big bad” of the main story. Toy Box was weak as fukk put the fandom really goes up for it. If Toy Story is a world , where are the iconic locations to explore? Andy’s Room and some made up toy store? Imagine exploring the daycare, Andy’s House, the furnace and all the culminating to a “Lotso” boss fight in the trash heap/furnace.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The fandom has been BEGGING Nomura to put Atlantis in a mainline KH game. I do want Incredibles and Moana as long as the plot is woven into the overarching story. We need the Disney villains back as lackeys for the “big bad” of the main story. Toy Box was weak as fukk put the fandom really goes up for it. If Toy Story is a world , where are the iconic locations to explore? Andy’s Room and some made up toy store? Imagine exploring the daycare, Andy’s House, the furnace and all the culminating to a “Lotso” boss fight in the trash heap/furnace.

yeah plus we know nourma is not afraid of adding box office failures to the games because of tron. If I had to guess it has to be coming because he tries to add one water world in each game.
if Toy Story comes back I'm sure we'll get a more filmlike experience.

you just reminded me. We don't even face the disney villans head to head like in the old games.
they either turn into heartless or just disappear

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I was hoping the DLC would do a better retelling of the Frozen world. In KH1 and KH2 (somewhat) the Disney worlds were actually integral to the plot in. For instance, characters like Aladdin and Ariel knew the stakes were high and assisted Sora in defeating the heartless and closing the key hole. Now, we have Sora just showing up to piece together the plot of the movies

Yea they had a little more leeway in the older games due to using older properties that disney are no longer promoting. When u start dealing with fairly new franchises such as Frozen and Big Hero 6 Disney are VERY strict. Nomura mentioned numerous times how strict disney were and how involved they were with the game this time compared to KH1 and 2.

It's a tough spot to be in. The fans want newer franchises appearing in the game but the fans also want the disney worlds to not be worthless. Disney is not letting us have both.

You can see the clear difference in whats allowed with say hercules and what's allowed with Frozen.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
xxw13u4iqi321.jpg

“Donald was out here with the Duck”
:mjlol:

I’m still dying laughing at this:russ:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Square Enix has shadow dropped the whole KH collection on Xbox...a week before Remind DLC comes out on Xbox....

Appreciative but man these prices are ridiculous....60 bucks for 2.8 is insane SE...wtf.

Nice to know the 0.2 prologue runs 4K 60fps, I remember it struggling a bit on ps4 pro at 1800p

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Square Enix has shadow dropped the whole KH collection on Xbox...a week before Remind DLC comes out on Xbox....

Appreciative but man these prices are ridiculous....60 bucks for 2.8 is insane SE...wtf.

Nice to know the 0.2 prologue runs 4K 60fps, I remember it struggling a bit on ps4 pro at 1800p
if it was on gamepass shyt woulda been a hit