King Von's baby momma is a commissioned officer in the army working towards a MBA.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
No bright or talented engineer is signing their life away to work in the military when they can earn boat loads more working in the corporate world and actually put their degree to use
Disagree. From what doctors in the military told ne, there are other advantages. Something about not having to pay liability insurance.

Also, being a commissioned officer in the military can be quite plush. The discrepancy in pay is made up by benefits and other such things like no rent, electric, or grocery costs.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yeah one of the guys who was one of the upper class man told me he had to do CQ as a LT, blew me away, that was just NCO's and lower enlisted. Also, that's cool you were with Jordan's brother, did he ever come through?
well in real upper tier Battalion and above TOC's LT's pull CQ too.

You mean Mike? Never saw him again his brother was a Brigade CSM he didn't want to be associated with MJ he was his own Man.

Obviously my lower enlisted ass avoided all Sgt Majors like the plague.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
bright individuals do not join the military they go to places like Harvard, Stanford, etc...
Not a fan of the Military

But there are HELLA officers with ivy league degrees

Like others have said, the military needs doctors, lawyers(jags), Engineers, ect..

We could make a long list of politicians with degrees from top universities that also served in the military.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Disagree. From what doctors in the military told ne, there are other advantages. Something about not having to pay liability insurance.

Also, being a commissioned officer in the military can be quite plush. The discrepancy in pay is made up by benefits and other such things like no rent, electric, or grocery costs.
Army Docs can't be sued almost every medical innovation happened by battlefield docs trying to save someone.

The first dikk transplant happened at walter reed

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I work in a hospital and so many black nurses with bachelor's got babies with dudes and never been married. One of my exes is a nurse practioner and she had a baby last year with some dude who already got kids with some other woman. :snoop:
Super big facts….the black nurses getting ran through by bummy nikkas and white nurses getting busted down by the doctors….see that shyt all the time…

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You’d be surprised. I went to school with some super smart women and men that took the jrotc and military route. 3.7+ gpa taking ap classes and all. They just wanted to go to university for free and have lifelong benefits. Granted they stayed in the military maybe only 5-10 years max but yeah. One shorty i know left to become a doctor another is in IT making good money
I was gonna say, that military to IT pipeline. Be making 6 figures when they hop out the military like it’s nothing

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Man, what:dead:?

You need to read up on what the military offers people. It's quite literally a cheat code for people that grew up in rough areas.

Now, if you're an officer, it's on a whole 'nother level. She'll be making 100K when she makes O-3, and as an officer, she's already networking with other successful people.

FYI, it takes 3½ years to make O-3. Making 100k a year at 25-26 is practically unheard of unless you have a STEM major and network your way into a great job.

AND the military will pay off significant amounts of your student loans. She's most likely doing better financially than the average person that graduated from Harvard.

Depending on her job it’s gonna be tough to do 20 years as a O grade. Most get out after captain. The politics, stress, and mental you deal with even as a major most can’t wait to get out. But as long as she doesn’t do anything stupid she should have at least a solid 4 years.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
good points though, got a lot of shyt from E-5 and E-6's when I was a cadet at an armor unit, the thing was they were already idiots or not on shyt there damn selves! It was just the fact I could "walk in" and make E-5 pay.
You did Summer camp with a Cav unit? I've seen their huge ass maps. Just driving a Tank is way harder than it looks looking at the little screen.

Just the fact that they couldn't make you break track made you look goofy in their eyes.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna say, that military to IT pipeline. Be making 6 figures when they hop out the military like it’s nothing
You could learn IT in the miltary come out with expeirence and qualifications and I security clearance to boot.

I wanted to reclass to IT but by the time I could do it the door was closed. the Drone door was open but I that time I didn't understand how it could be useful.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You did Summer camp with a Cav unit? I've seen their huge ass maps. Just driving a Tank is way harder than it looks looking at the little screen.

Just the fact that they couldn't make you break track made you look goofy in their eyes.
nah I was a cadet who got to do drill time with an armor unit, never went to NTC or none of that summer training bullshyt outside of the mandated rotc summer training.