King Von killed in Atlanta

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
It clearly wasn’t about the RIP, it was about him saying his fam liked Vons music...which was about black terrorism and destruction when you think about it

King Von made music for peons but I can’t make you see it, you gotta see it for yourself
its sad...
...but we associate blackness with being plugged in to the hood.

Lebrons kids probably feel like they have to identify in some way with people like Von.

IMO the music has a big influence on that mindset.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I'll tell you what did it among rappers, for like 3 generations of rappers now everyone has been bragging about how they live their raps and how rappers that don't are soft, etc. They would get into little scuffles and brag about it, maybe shoot some shots in the air but nothing crazy, and still constantly brag about how gangsta they are and how rappers that don't live their raps aren't "real" (does Nas bust his gun?)

They did all this while NOT living their raps, the kids around my age and younger the grew up hearing all that shyt took it to heart and now they feel like they HAVE to be everything that they rap about, when they talk about killing XYZ, selling drugs(while signed to a multi-million dollar deal :snoop: ) and associating very closely known criminals, nikkas really mean that shyt now. That mixed with poverty and crime being at all time highs don't help the kids coming out of the hood with record deals at all.

While all the older rappers knew that shyt was just WWF(as Cam would describe it), kids coming up really really believed that shyt and are now emulating it hence the massive spike in rapper deaths and arrests.

:francis: The elders warned those older rappers constantly about that kind of talk as well
Bruh y’all gotta stop separating rappers like they not regular people. This ain’t got chit to do with von thinking he gotta live up to raps. He would be doing this chit if he never picked up a mic. This is a way of life for some people.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Bruh y’all gotta stop separating rappers like they not regular people. This ain’t got chit to do with von thinking he gotta live up to raps. He would be doing this chit if he never picked up a mic. This is a way of life for some people.
I didn't say he wouldn't be doing that if he wasn't a rapper, I said he wouldn't feel like he'd have to live up to his image even after he made it out of the hood if it wasn't something expected of rappers

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Breh please stop listening to new people/artist you haven't listened to before :whoa:
You think that’s bad... nikka my list longer than that. Slim Dunkin, Doe B, Bankroll Fresh, Nipsey, Pop Smoke and now King Von. All up and coming... :beli:

I knew this shyt was a matter of time for him but I am salty as fukk right now... :beli:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
U right in a way but Von image was getting out of control. He really started to feed in that shyt

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Sorry but I think I'm gonna stop saying RIP in these certain situations. :yeshrug:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. What I mean by that is when it comes to this situation in the context of all of these rappers is that they know the results of the energy they're putting out to the world. Over the last few years how many rappers die on an average basis now? There is literally a blueprint for rappers on how their actions can lead to self-destruction. At this point, a rapper has to either be naive or just don't give a fukk because no one is untouchable. Blame the record labels, blame Chief Keef, blame young kids for enjoying this type of music, blame whoever you want. But when I see posters be like "come on man this isn't right think about FBG Duck mom and the family and what they all have to go through," and then I go to youtube to listen to his songs about pissing on graves and bringing certain women back from the dead to get his dikk sucked-- I'm supposed to be like damn why did this happen?? :francis:

Lebron tweeting out that he listens to King Von music itself should be a sign. Von was once a random face growing up in Chicago yet he somehow got lucky to get his music heard by millions across the world. He may not have known Bron listened to his music but hypothetically he knew he had fans in almost every state and probably different countries. At some point the shyt he cared about before he blew up should have no longer been a concern of his nor should he have been moving the same way. We can point fingers but that would be ignoring all the rappers who found their own lane in the game without the extra bullshyt and the ones who lived this lifestyle but realized the blessing they have now so they progressed as a person.

I'm not gonna act like this type of music isn't apart of my playlist. I'm also not gonna be heartbroken. This is why I separate music from the people. I'm not about to get invested into all these posts about who he hung out with, who he was cool with, who he used to be cool with but started beefing with. At some point I just ask myself who gives a fukk??And that in itself should be a message.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man, the rap game is fukked up. I know like 1 person in real life that got murdered. However, I know a handful of rappers that got killed just in the last 2 years. Crazy. Von may have been a "murderer demon," but it's always sad to see somebody die when they are at the cusp of doing something great (just like Pop Smoke too).

That being said, Von was on borrowed time and definitely was on the negative side of life.