Kinect: from integral part of the Xbox One experience to $40 clearance item

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
When someone punches you in your throat and dislodges your voicebox then I'll bet you'll be scrambling back for that controller...:mjlol:

Also if the kinnect is so futuristic why doesnt the xbox scorpio integrate it?!? :sas2:

And no I dont use siri or alexa voice commands been out since mobility assistance technology was invented, shyt speak to type was way before them!!! :mindblown:

It's a gimmick man just admit it...:mjlol:

I can see your point with that..... I am 6'5..... but I have a long arm spand.... like 84.5 so they gonna have to get close to get even in striking range. So I dont think I have to worry to much about that.

Siri works pretty good for me.... at first I didnt fukk with it but kinda got used to it now.

Alexa was weird at first but now with my Amazon Firestick.... sometimes its quicker to say "Netflicks" vs go through all the button pushing.....

Its 2017 breh..... embrace the Skynet:blessed:

I love the 90's as much as you or the next man but technology has advanced:lawd:

I'm not even typing to you now:youngsabo:

I'm TALKING TO YOU:whew:

Martha

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I can see your point with that..... I am 6'5..... but I have a long arm spand.... like 84.5 so they gonna have to get close to get even in striking range. So I dont think I have to worry to much about that.

Siri works pretty good for me.... at first I didnt fukk with it but kinda got used to it now.

Alexa was weird at first but now with my Amazon Firestick.... sometimes its quicker to say "Netflicks" vs go through all the button pushing.....

Its 2017 breh..... embrace the Skynet:blessed:

I love the 90's as much as you or the next man but technology has advanced:lawd:

I'm not even typing to you now:youngsabo:

I'm TALKING TO YOU:whew:

Martha

wow, voice commands.... :russell:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:umad: get laryngitis brehs...
what if you break your hand? :lupe:

I had to modify my 360 controller when I broke my wrist, because I couldn't get it in my palm with the cast that wrapped around my thumb. I basically cut off one of the 'handles' on one side (had to remove the rumble motor too)

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One...29717651971360446795&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

It is insane the amount of damage this thing ultimately did to the Xbox brand. Now they're practically giving them away. Hell people without the first revision of the console can't even use the device without buying the AC power cable because they dropped the port from the consoles.

If we're being honest here the damn thing was always trash. You can't really do complex gameplay with a device like that. It was cool as a tech demo and novelty item for casual party games and the voice recognition / controls they strapped to it as well as the IR blaster were great but it always seemed like if they wanted that stuff could have been just added to the console with a mic instead of requiring a camera for voice commands.

This has to be one of the highest profile failures in gaming. The Kinect doomed the Xbox One to a distant second place finish and the price they paid was meaningless. They traded market share for nothing and in the end they abandoned it. It made their hardware weaker and drove up the price, created this inferior narrative. Later they cut the price of the console aggressively and gave away games left and right to try and right the ship. The amount of money (especially potential profits) they lost on the Kinect has to be pretty large.

Meanwhile the PlayStation Camera did zero damage to the PS4.
remember the threads

b-b-b-b-b-but it's the fastest selling peripheral ever.. microsoft will never abandon it

b-b-b-b-b-but it's gonna integrate with windows... minority report

b-b-b-b-b-but it's mandatory so third parties will be forced to use it

b-b-b-b-b-but you can drive with no hands, nobody will get tired of that

b-b-b-b-b-but voice commands and audibles

shyt was straight nonsense

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What if you break your hand trynna cross up some young bull on the court then feel yourself and try to yam it breh?

Wait, can you dunk?:heh:

Nevermind that..... get a cast on your dominant hand (cuz you not ambidextrous) brehs:mjlol:

Martha

I'll play through the pain...:demonic:

Oh wait you still can't play an entire AAA microsoft game with just hand motions correct?!? :jbhmm: you think that kinnect is gonna save you? :mjlol: You STILL need a controller for the games....

ghOfv3k.png

-Martha

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
remember the threads

b-b-b-b-b-but it's the fastest selling peripheral ever.. microsoft will never abandon it

b-b-b-b-b-but it's gonna integrate with windows... minority report

b-b-b-b-b-but it's mandatory so third parties will be forced to use it

b-b-b-b-b-but you can drive with no hands, nobody will get tired of that

b-b-b-b-b-but voice commands and audibles

shyt was straight nonsense
Meanwhile, a lot of us make daily use of Kinect just like in 2013 but better.

I still play Kinect Sports bowling from time to time. They stopped bundling Kinect a long time ago so not sure what the circle jerk is for?

Look, there's Kinect and there's ps4eye. Kinect is a billion times better, Xbox has Skype, Kinect works with mixer which is a huge deal in today's climate of broadcasting your gaming. We all know it's the new fad, Kinect is required, now only $40

Gamers win, losers talk about how the winners are losing :win:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'll play through the pain...:demonic:

Oh wait you still can't play an entire AAA microsoft game with just hand motions correct?!? :jbhmm: you think that kinnect is gonna save you? :mjlol:

It can save me from missing my shows or load times when I verbally say "Xbox snap TV" when I want to split screen.:ahh:

Martha

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why you need a remote thought?:skip:

With Xbox Kinect I can use it to cut my tv on, go to my game or next flix, pick a movie and adjust the volume....... :sas2:

And do even more shyt:whew:

Martha

I can turn on my tv with a button, and do the same shyt....with a button

Also Ask yourself if the xbox scorpio was so innovative why isnt Kinnect inside of it?!? :sas2: :lolbron:

ghOfv3k.png

-Martha