Kinect: from integral part of the Xbox One experience to $40 clearance item

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Let's see if your statement holds weight.

Gaming Peripherals? How many gaming peripherals have they produced.

PSP is a Portable Gaming Device 82 million units, launched in 2005, out of production 2014
PSVita is a Portable Gaming Device 12 million units, launched in 2011 still in production.

Peripheral
Playstation Eye Toy October 2003 for the PS2 games made for it til 2008 over 100 games
Playstation Eye October 2007 for the PS3 games made for it til 2012 over 80 games
Playstation MOVE Sept. 2010 to 2013 for the PS3 games made for it on the PS3 over 125 games
Playstation MOVE now a PSVR peripheral and seeing even more support.

So which Peripheral did sony abandon? This is a internet talking point, that I'm trying to understand.
Every single thing you named aside from the PSP

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Every single thing you named aside from the PSP
OK. PSP and Vita are not peripherals and the Vita games are still being made and announced til this day.

The MOVE is still in rotation

The eyetoy got 5 years of games

The Eye got 5 years of games

The Playstation Eye was sold as a streaming device and now couples with the MOVE.

I know nikka you don't want to be wrong, so go ahead with your bullshyt.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
GOOD LOOK @winb83 :gladbron:

I needed to replace mine. I'm about to cop this!!!!:ohlawd:

Now I can make my MyPlayer on 2K17 more accurate. Since my current Kinect got fukked up, I had to use the phone app to scan my face. Once I get this I can use that and use my Kinect for other shyt like how its supposed to be used in games like Madden, 2K, MGS5 and other games

shyt..... Kinect was always cool with me:yeshrug:

Dont see whats NOT to like? Always felt like "faux" anger/hate

Martha

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Sony abandons all gaming peripherals and anything thats not the Home Console.
they're not in the business of abandoning peripherals. it's not like they invest all this money into tech knowing that it won't be successful. I'm just imagining some board-meeting where they're pitching new tech, and going through the numbers, and someone says "but we abandon all gaming peripherals and anything that's not the Home Console" :troll:

and the comment you replied to was saying that Sony isn't the only company involved in VR. if PSVR fails, that isn't the end of VR

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Xbox really thought they were going to ride that Wii wave and forced everyone to buy a piece of shyt peripheral

:lolbron: We knew that shyt would flop hard... just like the fukking Wii... but xbots in here was so gung ho about that stupid voice command, moving swiping bullshyt... What's the point of a voice command when you have a controller to press a simple ass button... shyt had gimmick written all over it plus the NSA spying on you...

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:lolbron: We knew that shyt would flop hard... just like the fukking Wii... but xbots in here was so gung ho about that stupid voice command, moving swiping bullshyt... What's the point of a voice command when you have a controller to press a simple ass button... shyt had gimmick written all over it plus the NSA spying on you...

Its easier for me to say "Time Out" on sports games vs looking or trying to memorize which button to press :yeshrug:

Its cooler for me to call out my offensive or defensive plays vs in real time while trying to guard or hold on to the ball with someone trynna still, press the dpad, then look at which set (cuz again I dont remember) then pressing the dpad button

:manny:

Martha

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Its easier for me to say "Time Out" on sports games vs looking or trying to memorize which button to press :yeshrug:

Its cooler for me to call out my offensive or defensive plays vs in real time while trying to guard or hold on to the ball with someone trynna still, press the dpad, then look at which set (cuz again I dont remember) then pressing the dpad button

Martha
b-b-but the NSA is tracking what plays you call :sadcam:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Martha

Dude its a fukking button right there on the screen how hard is it to push a fukking button???:beli:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How hard is it to say "Time Out"?:francis:

Martha

I don't feel like talking at all when get home...:dahell: I remember I be trying to play gtao and these fukking teammates annoying as fukk, racist, doing dumb shyt... I just got tired of talking... :beli:

Pressing a button is fukking simple, Dont need voice commands with the fukking controller right in front of you... tkes no more than 00.2 of a second to press a gawddamn button how lazy are you... :mjlol: there was nothing innovative or groundbreaking with Kinnect. most cell phones can do the same shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How often did you use your Kinect or are you basing its effectiveness on internet forum replies?

To the people who want advanced technology, we been loving Kinect. I use it daily, til this day.

The technology has been adopted by other mediums to so Kinect was a success. What Kinect brought to the table, future products will include the tech. This is fact, and these advances will assist mankind. It's already used in hospitals worldwide, in the pc space they are going full retard with it.

Lets not forget how it enhances other technologies like AR/VR when combined.

Now if you're bummed that more games didn't come from Kinect? Blame yourselves. They was ready to give it to us, you acted like you couldn't be bothered. And you been a Kinect hater since the days of the Wii so you will miss the bigger picture anyway. You don't use Cortana either, you'd be surprised at What you can do TODAY with Kinect.
It should have always been optional. I'm still convinced a $400 Xbox One with equal PS4 power at launch does way better and presently they'd be much more competitive.
This is the only reason vr isnt going to take off...ive played it also and the shyt is fiya but not 400 fiya...i hope in the future they can get it doen to about 150 and i dont see why it wouldnt blow through the roof
The problem VR faces is the same thing that ultimately killed the Kinect. The gimmick will never take a back seat to the quality of software. VR games will always be dominated by its gimmick kinda like Kinect game quality never surpassed the motion controls.

The things that become successful in this industry eventually the gimmick takes a back seat to the software and at some point its no longer a gimmick it's just how you play.

Stuff like analog sticks, when gaming went from 2D games to 3D games. Those things are no longer gimmicks they're just a natural part of how we play games. Meanwhile things like motion controls pretty much fell by the wayside because even when they were boxed in with consoles the quality of the software never overtook the gimmick. When the novelty of having a new way to play with motion controls wore off people were left with mostly mediocre software that never evolved past depending on that gimmick.

Take something like dual screen gaming. Initially that was a gimmick but the software quality overtook the mind share of the gimmick and now people play 3DS games and they don't even think as much about how they're experiencing the game on 2 screens. In their mind they're just playing good games. Meanwhile the 3D effect of the 3DS never really overcame it's gimmick like nature and they reached a point where they're making the 2DS and 2DS XL because people are indifferent to it's 3D effect.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's great to navigate with the kinect, but it was a huge mistake by Microsoft to make it mandatory.

It cost them a studio and millions in sales. No way around this massive L.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I don't feel like talking at all when get home...:dahell: I remember I be trying to play gtao and these fukking teammates annoying as fukk, racist, doing dumb shyt... I just got tired of talking... :beli:

Pressing a button is fukking simple, Dont need voice commands with the fukking controller right in front of you... tkes no more than 00.2 of a second to press a gawddamn button how lazy are you... :mjlol: there was nothing innovative or groundbreaking with Kinnect. most cell phones can do the same shyt.

Even more lazy now than just saying it, it takes no effort.... plus other shyt I can do via talking vs pushing a button. Theres more too it.... didnt I say call plays breh?:hhh:

This the 21century.... With Siri and Alexa and etc..... let me live in this era breh? fukk all that 20th century 1992 gaming mindset shyt breh:why:

Martha

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Even more lazy now than just saying it, it takes no effort.... plus other shyt I can do via talking vs pushing a button. Theres more too it.... didnt I say call plays breh?:hhh:

This the 21century.... With Siri and Alexa and etc..... let me live in this era breh? fukk all that 20th century 1992 gaming mindset shyt breh:why:

Martha

When someone punches you in your throat and dislodges your voicebox then I'll bet you'll be scrambling back for that controller...:mjlol:

Also if the kinnect is so futuristic why doesnt the xbox scorpio integrate it?!? :sas2:

And no I dont use siri or alexa voice commands been out since mobility assistance technology was invented, shyt speak to type was way before them!!! :mindblown:

It's a gimmick man just admit it...:mjlol: