Kinect: from integral part of the Xbox One experience to $40 clearance item

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
don't let the virtual door hit you on the way out :skip:
I won't. I lump that in with mobile games so I'll gladly bow out when that's the only choice people have.

The way I see it VR will always be niche until companies force it. There's more people like me who simply aren't interested in the tech and or won't make a separate purchase to have it than there are people who will pay extra for it.

The real problem with VR is it's gimmick overshadows the actual game design. Take any other tech like say 3D games. Today 3D design and the fact that a game is 3D doesn't overshadow the rest of the game. It's a natural part of it. People don't even think about it like that.

VR will likely never be that or at least not in our lifetimes. It will continue to be take some game design and stick the user in the experience first person. It will never be here's a well designed game that just happens to be VR and the fact that it's VR isn't the selling point of the game it's just a part of it organically that makes sense.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What a game changer!!!
ghOfv3k.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The day VR takes over games I'm out.

Motion controls had Wii Sports. What is the definitive application that will convince the masses they need to be using VR? The tech has many useful applications but I just don't see gaming as one of them. I've never really pined to be inside a video game now. I prefer to experience them as I do now.
You have to use VR and play a lot of games to really get a good perspective because if you're just making assumptions of how it is/it's usefulness from your idea of how it is then...

VR doesn't have to replace TVs.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Amazon is also selling it for the same price. Again if you have the Xbox One S or plan to get the Xbox One X Kinect alone isn't compatible unless you get a $40 adapter to power it from a wall plug.
:mjlol: What kind of Nintendo shyt is this? These niccas playing the adapter game like Apple

#XBoxDone

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You have to use VR and play a lot of games to really get a good perspective
No I don't. The horse doesn't go behind the carriage. When there's a well designed game that just happens to be VR and it's something I want to play I'll be interested in it.

VR is still it's own selling point. By that I mean the whole selling point is the novelty of how the game is experienced rather than the actual quality of the game design and game itself. The game design is still "Let's make a VR Star Trek game or let's make a VR sword fighting game." What it isn't is here's one of the best games ever made. It happens to be VR but that doesn't define it.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is a portable game on the Nintendo Switch. It's selling point is it's arguable one of the best games ever made. It happens to be portable but it's portability doesn't define it nor does it really even matter. It's just an added bonus.

When Mario 64 was made people were like "this is one of the best games I've ever played." It's own greatness was never overshadowed by the fact that it was an early designed 3D game. Imagine if people were selling the game based on it being 3D instead of it being a legitimate great title. That's VR. People selling you on a novel experience rather than great game design and software. It hasn't graduated from it's gimmick and I question if it ever will.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No I don't. The horse doesn't go behind the carriage. When there's a well designed game that just happens to be VR and it's something I want to play I'll be interested in it.

VR is still it's own selling point. By that I mean the whole selling point is the novelty of how the game is experienced rather than the actual quality of the game design and game itself. The game design is still "Let's make a VR Star Trek game or let's make a VR sword fighting game." What it isn't is here's one of the best games ever made. It happens to be VR but that doesn't define it.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is a portable game on the Nintendo Switch. It's selling point is it's arguable one of the best games ever made. It happens to be portable but it's portability doesn't define it nor does it really even matter. It's just an added bonus.

When Mario 64 was made people were like "this is one of the best games I've ever played." It's own greatness was never overshadowed by the fact that it was an early designed 3D game. Imagine if people were selling the game based on it being 3D instead of it being a legitimate great title. That's VR. People selling you on a novel experience rather than great game design and software. It hasn't graduated from it's gimmick and I question if it ever will.
196157.gif