Killjoys / Dark Matter anybody watching these Sci Fi joints

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Season finale of Dark Matter is tonight, remember it is 2 hrs with 2 episodes back to back.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Nah, after watching both finales I stand by Killjoys being the better show. It's better at what it sets out to be and has the better mysteries and chemistry between the cast. I'm more interested in learning about Red 17, Level 6, and Dutch's past than why exactly you know who did what they did.

I like some aspects of Dark Matter, but my major issue is that the premise had a lot of potential but I felt they didn't really go anywhere really compelling with it. Plus they have a lot of stock characters that haven't really been deepened. Once we learned the mysteries behind most of them, it was pretty much :ehh:from me.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I gotta agree with @TheNatureBoy on this one

Killjoys>>>>>>>Dark Matter

Dark Matter did improve alot but i still feel like they dropped the ball a little and the show could've been better/more than what it is

The season felt too procedural to me and they should've atleast revealed why all their memories were wiped this season

I get it that 2 was talking about killing 6 on the recording and 5 is the one who wiped their memories and 6 has probably had his memory or a while and has been playing then but why/

Season 1 basically just told us who all the crew members were but nothing else

I'll definitely watch if the bring the show back but I wouldn't be mad if it got cancelled

Killjoys is just all around the better show IMO

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I dont care what anyone says, Dark Matter shyts all over Killjoys with half a budget.
I agree. I have enjoyed Dark Matter more than Killjoys throughout this whole season.
Killjoys got the better press and more hype though because the lead was a woman of color while Dark Matter also had the lead be a woman of color and the show got no love for it.:yeshrug:

And that finale has me thinking that Curtis was always an undercover government agent and has gotten back enough of his memory to know that fact and make the decision that his team was too dangerous to be allowed to run free especially after handing over that White Hole tech that destroyed an entire planet.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I agree. I have enjoyed Dark Matter more than Killjoys throughout this whole season.
Killjoys got the better press and more hype though because the lead was a woman of color while Dark Matter also had the lead be a woman of color and the show got no love for it.:yeshrug:

And that finale has me thinking that Curtis was always an undercover government agent and has gotten back enough of his memory to know that fact and make the decision that his team was too dangerous to be allowed to run free especially after handing over that White Hole tech that destroyed an entire planet.
I hate that woman of color tag for killjoy. Dutch so light she might as well be white.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I honestly didn't see Killjoys get more press or attention than Dark Matter when they 1st launched and the budget for both of them seems to be about the same- ie not much. :yeshrug:

@STAN JONES it seemed like to me that 5 was the one who wrote the program to wipe the memories in order to protect whoever 2 and Asian dude were plotting to kill, but didn't work out exactly how she intended. @Jello Biafra your theory on 6 seems likely. My issue with the twist is they were obviously going for shock value by having it being one of people you would least suspect, but didn't really the groundwork for it with his actions.

Also will throw a shout out to Dominion 2nd season, which might be the best thing Syfy aired this summer. Recently caught up on the show and it has improved a lot since the first season.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I honestly didn't see Killjoys get more press or attention than Dark Matter when they 1st launched and the budget for both of them seems to be about the same- ie not much. :yeshrug:

@STAN JONES it seemed like to me that 5 was the one who wrote the program to wipe the memories in order to protect whoever 2 and Asian dude were plotting to kill, but didn't work out exactly how she intended. @Jello Biafra your theory on 6 seems likely. My issue with the twist is they were obviously going for shock value by having it being one of people you would least suspect, but didn't really the groundwork for it with his actions.

Also will throw a shout out to Dominion 2nd season, which might be the best thing Syfy aired this summer. Recently caught up on the show and it has improved a lot since the first season.
Real talk I haven't seen much about both shows uless I go looking for them hence why I made this thread. Them shyts ain't getting no kind of promos :laugh: