Killjoys / Dark Matter anybody watching these Sci Fi joints

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. Show is solid and very entertaining. Whoever cast the shyt did a great job. I like the fact that they call back to previous episodes events in terms of continuity and setting up story arcs. Did i mention that whoever cast it did a great job? :laugh: Small shyt like when John/Dutch where on his bed and he was reading the comic to when Davin and Dutch said fukk it to the lie detector game to even seeing how necessary Fancy is hated by the other killjoys and honestly doesn't care make this show successful.

Yup, I definitely like the fact they didn't brush off the events of Davin being mind-controlled and how that effected the team. They are also continuing with the development of a war coming to the Quad.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Caught up on Dark Matter now, and I have to admit the show has gotten better since the characters have been more fleshed out. Really the only one who still has major mysteries is 2, which is who I think is the likely candidate for being responsible for the memory wipe. It has also gotten a bit funnier with some of the interaction between the crew.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Watched the last 4 episodes of Dark Matter today to get caught up. I'm surprised at how serialized it is. It almost seems like it was designed for binge watching, the episodes all flow together (like Daredevil on Netflix).

The way the episodes are set up reminded me slightly of season 1 of Penny Dreadful (on a Canadian SciFi budget). That is, many of the episodes focus on introducing the backstory of an individual member of the team.

I'm not sure why they're even bothering to keep secrets from each other. They've all had their memory wiped, so who cares if someone isn't who their file says they are?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
im pretty excited about syfy.

Thats 3 fire shows they got now and I know the expanse is gonna be crazy.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Girl on Killjoys:obama:

Dark Matter I gotta catch up

Killjoys could have a bit of a cult following but its weird its buried on a Friday in the Summer.

Good to see the Ashmore Twins eating as usual. Get your money Iceman and Adjace Jimmy Olsen

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed the Killjoys season finale and hope it comes back for another season. The show isn't perfect. I'm not a fan of the lighting they use and a lot of the stories are typical sci-fi fare, but the core cast is really good together and they have some interesting things going on. Red 17, Level 6 Killjoys, and Dutch's backstory have a lot of potential in what they could do for next season. Also thought they did a good job at establishing Khylen as a major threat.

Finally got some answers about 2 on Dark Matter this week. Her fight scene was :leon:and they have done a better job of incorporating the little girl as part of the crew these last few episodes. 1 continues to be :rudy:most of the time, but the moments they use him for humor and how much of a lame his character is seem to work best.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Killjoys got a little boring in the middle of the season but picked up at the end

Finale was good and im looking forward to season 2 :ehh:

Dark Matter is starting to get good,didn't really like it at first but it kept getting better

Last episode was easily the best one so far

They out here blowing up entire planets :wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This guy is in HOW MANY active shows?
Roger R. Cross - IMDb

Roger Cross plays the black anti hero/rebel leader in basically every Sci Fi show filmed in Canada. When I saw him in Dark Matter, I didn't expect him to survive the pilot. But IMDB has him listed in every episode this season. How does he have the time between Continuum, The Strain, etc.?
:to: Jack didn't have to do him like that