🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Most predictable movie I've seen in the last 10 years. 30 min is enough for you to guess the remaining 3 hours.

Facts, basically what I said in my previous comment. I didn't know anything about this historical event and yeah after half an hour you've figured out the whole movie basically.

You can say this about a fair number of films, books, TV shows, whatever else. Who cares? To quote Nabokov:

"...This is the whole of the story, and we might have left it there had it not been for the profit and pleasure in the telling."

It's not about corny plot twists, its about revealing something about the human and American character.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can say this about a fair number of films, books, TV shows, whatever else. Who cares? To quote Nabokov:

"...This is the whole of the story, and we might have left it there had it not been for the profit and pleasure in the telling."

It's not about corny plot twists, its about revealing something about the human and American character.
Still think its underwhelming.
Just because you reveal something about the human and american character doesn't mean it's good...its all about how you do it.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Who cares? I do, as someone who went and saw the movie and lost more than 3 hours of my life. And I'm not talking about "corny plot twists", I'm talking about just having a minimal level or intrigue, tension, build up, etc. Movie is basically done after 30 min, we know who is killing the Osages, how and why, and then it's three hours of mid filler dialogue, a couple explosions and a couple burials. Also White people stealing the land from Indians isn't much of a "revelation" lol

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares? I do, as someone who went and saw the movie and lost more than 3 hours of my life. And I'm not talking about "corny plot twists", I'm talking about just having a minimal level or intrigue, tension, build up, etc. Movie is basically done after 30 min, we know who is killing the Osages, how and why, and then it's three hours of mid filler dialogue, a couple explosions and a couple burials. Also White people stealing the land from Indians isn't much of a "revelation" lol
Ehh this is what I was worried about. I’ll wait for it to hit Apple TV now.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Cinema.

Oppenheimer is still winning the Oscars though
It’s time Martin Charles goes home to be a family man and leaves the cinema for the true auteurs like Mr. Nolan. Hopefully Leo can put his recent movies with him down in the volunteer section of his resume as charity work with the elderly. That’d be nice.

Last edited:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Beautiful film.

Much more like a noir than a western except if a noir was from the point of view of the villains.

I loved how it moved. It did not feel like 3 and a half hours. It slowly established the world in the first hour and then little by little the crimes and evils escalated and escalated, and I also really enjoyed the almost procedural aspect to the investigation and trial. It was assured, confident storytelling.

There's something about Scorsese's late style that I love so much. It's much more minimalist but it has this grace that just feels like you're in the hands of an old master.

Lily Gladstone was great. I think the one thing that I'm still not entirely sure how to read is her relationship with Di Caprio. I think there's some stuff in there that is purposely enigmatic. It's a very layered, unusual dynamic between them that I think will grow with repeat viewings.

The montage of murders towards the beginning was very effective and unsettling. Beautiful and understated use of score throughout.

Great film, probably my favorite film of the year.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Beautiful film.

Much more like a noir than a western except if a noir was from the point of view of the villains.

I loved how it moved. It did not feel like 3 and a half hours. It slowly established the world in the first hour and then little by little the crimes and evils escalated and escalated, and I also really enjoyed the almost procedural aspect to the investigation and trial. It was assured, confident storytelling.

There's something about Scorsese's late style that I love so much. It's much more minimalist but it has this grace that just feels like you're in the hands of an old master.

Lily Gladstone was great. I think the one thing that I'm still not entirely sure how to read is her relationship with Di Caprio. I think there's some stuff in there that is purposely enigmatic. It's a very layered, unusual dynamic between them that I think will grow with repeat viewings.

The montage of murders towards the beginning was very effective and unsettling. Beautiful and understated use of score throughout.

Great film, probably my favorite film of the year.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie is basically done after 30 min, we know who is killing the Osages, how and why, and then it's three hours of mid filler dialogue, a couple explosions and a couple burials. Also White people stealing the land from Indians isn't much of a "revelation" lol
Yeah, we knew Oppenheimer was gonna make the bomb in the first 2 minutes so that was a bad movie too:comeon:

Imagine going into a historical drama concerned about being surprised by well documented history.
If you have issues with the cinematography, acting, pacing, etc then have at it. But your actual critique is as garbage as you think the film is.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yeah, we knew Oppenheimer was gonna make the bomb in the first 2 minutes so that was a bad movie too:comeon:

Imagine going into a historical drama concerned about being surprised by well documented history.
If you have issues with the cinematography, acting, pacing, etc then have at it. But your actually critique is as garbage as you think the film is.
Scorsese stans big mad :umad:

Good thing you brought up Oppenheimer, we know what's gonna happen but pacing, cinematography, acting, dialogue, music keep it interesting, as opposed to this snooze fest

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie
Yea they could've knocked 20 to 30 minutes off, and it could have been a masterpiece.

It reminds me of those old school western movies from the late 60s to early 80s.
Very deliberately paced

4.5/5