Kids On The Internet Are Wishing They Were Born In The '90s

Superstar
Daps
why do they wish they were BORN in the 90s?

i was born just before the 90s and i don't remember much of the decade :yeshrug:maybe 2-3 years.

the one dude wishing he was born mid 90s would have pretty much no memories :beli:

they should be wishing they were born 1970-1985. those people got to enjoy the 90s in their youth

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
To keep it all the way funky, one of the main reasons the 90s, at least 90-96, had such a cool vibe was due to the fact that we looked at the 70s the same way that youngins look at the 90s today.

The 20-30 year olds running the music/fashion scene in the 90s all was kids in the 70s and they bought that vibe to our music/culture.

We idolized the characters in all the 70s movies, The Mack, Superfly, Foxy Brown, Dolemite, Chinese Flicks, etc.

Most of the dope hip hop/R&B music on all coasts sampled 70s music, Parliament/Funkadelic, James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, Bob James, Ohio Players, Roy Ayers, etc.

The Dead Presidents movie/soundtrack....

shyt, there was even a short time where chicks wearing bell bottoms came back in style for a minute.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
why would you want to be a 2000s kid when the 2000s was really just a watered-down version of the '90s??

only thing in kid-life that the 2000s had on the '90s was the sports games, especially the college hoops/nba 2k combos. I wish I was younger to fully appreciate that.
but even still, it was great to watch the advancement of sports games before my very eyes.

everything else that was great about the 2000s, you kinda had to be an adult or an in-tune teenager to enjoy.
if you wanted good music, thurl black movies, good pro wrestling, you usually had to go semi-underground or str8 underground and have some funds with you.

why do they wish they were BORN in the 90s?

i was born just before the 90s and i don't remember much of the decade :yeshrug:maybe 2-3 years.

the one dude wishing he was born mid 90s would have pretty much no memories

they should be wishing they were born 1970-1985. those people got to enjoy the 90s in their youth

they don't care about the '90s.

they want to be born in the '90s so that they can grow up in the 2000s.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow:born in 85 and wouldn't trade the experiences of living in the 90s no way:

• Better food
  • Women smelled better
  • Women looked better
  • Guess Jeans
  • Polo gear
  • Coogi sweaters
  • Timbs
  • Walkmen with the GOAT mixes
  • TV actually having shyt to watch
  • Wrestling was flames
  • Video games didn't require a internet connection or 30 fukking patches to get it to run half as good
  • Food didn't have chemicals to slowly kill you
  • So much love within the black community (Old heads will truly vouch on that)
  • Outside interaction
  • Lack of cell phones trying to dictate human emotion
Man there will never be another glorious time no matter how much streaming shyt and unlimited amount of possibilities there is nowadays.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
All the real culture came from the 90s.

The real underground culture...but as media and corporations began to proliferate they started to exploit so much of it.
I was born in 90 I’ve seen the world change to how it is now and it’s mind blowing how much shyt changed for the worst
Getting old is scary like this.

Like when shyt really hits the fan am I gonna be around to witness it? I'm not ready fam.

Just like I'm not ready to enter my 40s.

Like I remember turning 21. I'm 35 now. WTF happened to me? LOL.

I remember
That’s a fact.

The 90s is really 90-96.

shyt started getting corny after that.

This.

Id even say til 1997.

1998 and 1999 were culturally the WORST years of the 90s. Even though they were memorable as hell because I was a teenager then.

1999 was fukking ridiculous. Just weird as hell to me.

Woodstock 1999
Y2k
Boy bands
Rap Metal
Wrestling peaked in 1999. WCW. WWF. ECW.
The rise of pop princesses like britney spears and christina aguilera.
TRL and MTV starting to move from playing music videos to tv shows and reality TV
Columbine
Every thing was "extreme" and "raw" and extreme sports extreme football extreme video games
1999-2001 will always stand out as those years when youth and pop culture was being exploitwd heavily because generation Y had the largest amount of disposable income out of any previous one.
shyt was corny.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I honestly think most of them really mean they wish they were 80s babies.

Being born in the 90s would mean they were only 10 when it ended. The way they be
talking they wanted to be around for the music, movies, tv shows etc most of which would be to young
to remember as a 5 year old (example)

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I honestly think most of them really mean they wish they were 80s babies.

Being born in the 90s would mean they were only 10 when it ended. The way they be
talking they wanted to be around for the music, movies, tv shows etc most of which would be to young
to remember as a 5 year old (example)

NO. they want to be 2000s kids.

theyre citing stuff like Nelly being the highest-selling artist. he wasn't around in the '90s at all.

theyre not interested in the '90s. they just want to be born in it so that they can grow up in the 2000s.

All the real culture came from the 90s.
The real underground culture...but as media and corporations began to proliferate they started to exploit so much of it.
Getting old is scary like this.
Like when shyt really hits the fan am I gonna be around to witness it? I'm not ready fam.
Just like I'm not ready to enter my 40s.
Like I remember turning 21. I'm 35 now. WTF happened to me? LOL.
I remember

cosign this.

especially that last part.
it seems like life has been going in speed mode since I hit 10th grade.

1998 and 1999 were culturally the WORST years of the 90s. Even though they were memorable as hell because I was a teenager then.

Wrestling peaked in 1999. WCW. WWF. ECW.

I dunno. I think '98-99 were great culturally. but the '90s were so epic, that they might very well be the bottom of the decade. I guess it depends on what you were into.

wrestling did NOT peak in '99 tho. in fact, I think it was kind of an ass year for wrestling quality. a helluva lot of money was made that year tho.
I'll take 2019 wrestling over 1999 in a heartbeat.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
To keep it all the way funky, one of the main reasons the 90s, at least 90-96, had such a cool vibe was due to the fact that we looked at the 70s the same way that youngins look at the 90s today.

The 20-30 year olds running the music/fashion scene in the 90s all was kids in the 70s and they bought that vibe to our music/culture.

We idolized the characters in all the 70s movies, The Mack, Superfly, Foxy Brown, Dolemite, Chinese Flicks, etc.

Most of the dope hip hop/R&B music on all coasts sampled 70s music, Parliament/Funkadelic, James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, Bob James, Ohio Players, Roy Ayers, etc.

The Dead Presidents movie/soundtrack....

shyt, there was even a short time where chicks wearing bell bottoms came back in style for a minute.
Yep. We could definitely talk about how the 70s bled into the 90s...especially with house music basically becoming the new disco

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Funny and ironic...

Last week was at work and got sucked into a round table when a girl told me she was a '90s baby, and I asked her what year she was born in...

She was born in 1998....................................

I told her she wasn't a '90s baby, and a bunch of people came to her defense. She was offended and kept saying "I'm a baby who was born in the 90s". So I tried to reason with her first, by telling her that since I was born in '89, does that make me a '80s baby?

She said yes...................

I disagreed and gave her several reasons why, but the most important one being I don't have a memory of anything in the 80s. So I was a baby born in the 80s, but I'm not an 80s baby, because I didn't actually experience the 80s; I have other reasons to support myself...

She says I'm an 80s baby, got mad I told her she ain't a 90s baby, and told me to call myself whatever. She said "im a 90s baby, I watched Hey Arnold"....I told her Hey Arnold is older than her and people started laughing, but my point to her was she wasn't old enough to remember watching Hey Arnold in the 90s to claim that as a W for herself (Hey Arnold ended in '04, but she wasn't even two when the '00s started so she can't remember watching it in the 90s, and she admitted that)...

I even went so far as to say I admire everything about the 80s but everything I've learned about the 80s, I've learned retroactively, not because I actually experienced it...

Funny thing is I shared this with my stepmom yesterday, and in a nutshell, this was what she said (she was born in '67):

"I remember when the '80s Baby' phrase was coined and marketed, around 82-83. It had everything to do with pop culture at the time (music, TV, fashion,etc), and was specifically marketed to the teenage/young adult demographic. Nobody in the 80s was actually calling the babies who were born in the 80s, '80s babies'. 80s babies was the younger demographic my age being influenced by pop culture"...

So she agreed with me that this girl isn't a 90s baby, she's just a kid born in the 90s lol...

That girl Is a 90's baby.
She is also a 00's Kid.

You are an "80" s Baby and a "90"'s kid.