Kids On The Internet Are Wishing They Were Born In The '90s

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Born in '92. I remember '96 - '99 vividly. Hell, this track

Is the most nostalgic song in my life because I remember it playing from the boom box one night at a god damn fish fry with my family in the mid 90s, and I had probably just learned how to tie a shoe. :dead: Waking up early so I could watch 'Goof Troop' and 'Inspector Gadget.' 'Spider-Man', 'Garfield,' & 'Beetleborgs' after school. 'X-Men' with a bowl of Fruit Loops on Saturdays mornings and even the short lived 'Mortal Kombat' cartoon. :russ: NBA Jam on SEGA ("He's On Fire") Loading up 'Street Fighter.' :wow:

41n.gif

Hell, SEGA period. I have the AOL dial up tone engrained in my brain. I remember being set up on a 'Kids Only' account with parental controls. :beli: Hearing Keith Sweat on the radio daily and the 'Twisted' video. Aaliyah on BET around the time she dropped that Doctor Dolittle track 'Are You That Somebody.' TLC 'Waterfalls.' The Missy Elliot video used to scare the shyt out of me. :dead:

Mom dukes bumping Usher. Erykah Badu's cassette in the whip with "On & On" on repeat. No Limit cassette #112 being brought to school by classmates. WCW's C show "WCW Saturday Night," when they had the blue and yellow ring with The Flock sitting ringside. :heh:

WCW vs WWF. nikkas drawing battle lines and rising with NWO or DX. Being :merchant: at 5 o'clock Saturday when Nickelodeon ran "Are You Afraid Of The Dark."

CN at night with "What A Cartoon"

:mjcry: Hell, I went with my family to see "Nutty Professor" and "The Fifth Element" in the theatre. "Mortal Kombat" was watched on VHS literally daily. Reptile beat the breaks off Liu. :laff:

NBA on NBC.

The presentation has yet to be matched. I'd grab a cushion and "shoot" into one our chairs during the games. I experienced all of that and then for better or worse, the CRUNK era :krs: :mjlol:

main-.jpg

Young enough to look fondly on the simpler times, but old enough to appreciate the technological leaps we've made. Loved the period of the 90s I distinctly remember and I love the early 00's. Wouldn't change a thing. :manny:

Man......:mjcry:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last generation to know what life was like without cell phones and social media... Just being a kid on my bike riding through the hood looking for a place to hoop.

The 2000s have been aweful on terms of contemporary media. shyt comes off more dated and corny then the 90s

Music wise, let's not forget that damn near 90 to 95 and 95 to 99 were like two separate decades in their own. We really went from arrested development to ruff ryders..

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Last generation to know what life was like without cell phones and social media... Just being a kid on my bike riding through the hood looking for a place to hoop.

The 2000s have been aweful on terms of contemporary media. shyt comes off more dated and corny then the 90s

Music wise, let's not forget that damn near 90 to 95 and 95 to 99 were like two separate decades in their own. We really went from arrested development to ruff ryders..
Right lol. People clown 2000’s rappers and singers to this day and also clown a lot of the fashion. Who really want to go back to the 2000’s? Lol. Ja Rule is considered a joke these days and he should be considered one of the most memorable people from that era. A lot of stuff from that time has been long dissed and forgotten

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As game head, even things like game difficulty and arcades taught you how to deal with social interactions and cause and effect.

Going to the arcade use to be full of some what poor folks, and misfits. You know what I never had happen in all my arcade gaming years? Have the white people call me nikka, now you fight against other people online and they rage out and throw around the N word.

They would have caught hands back in the day.

Remember being surprised when something came out, randomly trying it and finding out you like it?

Man now, you know its coming you get previews of it for months to come ahead of time, a review before it drops and other people opinions on it before you buy. All of which subconsciously affects your opinion and before evening getting whatever item it is you want.

:mjcry:

Last edited:

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
92 til infinity

I swear it was the perfect entry to the end

We had a childhood without internet social media

Goat cartoon era, not even an argument :mjlol:

Then we got internet and cell phones as teens

The music from 92-2009 is what makes a great nation, you’ll see in the next 20 years the effects :mjlit:

It was an era of sugar and salt, but a beautiful mix :wow:

Like someone else said, we absorbed all the 90’s shyt, it was in the ether. Our parents, siblings, older neighborhood friends put us on to everything.

I really have faith in our generation to make things right. :blessed: