KG (in response to Ant Man)- "If im being honest, I don't think anyone in this generation could've played 20 years ago"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

For Dennis, his 1995-96 Chicago team had the entire league in the palm of their hands. "This league is so filtered and watered down, we can beat anybody with our eyes closed, pretty much," Rodman claimed.

Every gen say this about every sport literally every sport

Yup. Wilt Chamberlain said the same thing in 1997:
League is watered down, rules favor offensive players too much, I’d average 50 today with the illegal defense rule.

We could just be objective and acknowledge Kobe and Wade would kill in this era exploiting the mid range openings… just like the mid-00s Pistons would have no more answers for young Luka than they had for young Wade or Bron… or that hand checking SGA will result in him forearm shivering the fukk out of you on his DWade pull back dribble.

Or that Shaq and Hakeem would destroy Gobert but Jokic aint exactly underperforming vs Eric Dampier or Matt Geiger either, or as if Giannis wouldn’t be a 7 ft Amare but with defense, better rebounding, and two working knees long term.

The truth is often somewhere in the middle but people are too prideful to give any ground. Iverson would shred Maxey or De’Aaron Fox 1v1 sure, but AI gon have to play defense too now…

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You can't compare eras if the defensive rules are different. If they brought back the physical defense from the 80s and the 90s we would get a better indicator of player ability under similar circumstances.
Michael Adams and Mark Price, both under 180 pounds, played well under those conditions.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yup. Wilt Chamberlain said the same thing in 1997:
League is watered down, rules favor offensive players too much, I’d average 50 today with the illegal defense rule.

We could just be objective and acknowledge Kobe and Wade would kill in this era exploiting the mid range openings… just like the mid-00s Pistons would have no more answers for young Luka than they had for young Wade or Bron… or that hand checking SGA will result in him forearm shivering the fukk out of you on his DWade pull back dribble.

Or that Shaq and Hakeem would destroy Gobert but Jokic aint exactly underperforming vs Eric Dampier or Matt Geiger either, or as if Giannis wouldn’t be a 7 ft Amare but with defense, better rebounding, and two working knees long term.

The truth is often somewhere in the middle but people are too prideful to give any ground. Iverson would shred Maxey or De’Aaron Fox 1v1 sure, but AI gon have to play defense too now…

Sloan said the same thing:

"They (90s Bulls) have some players who play their roles very well, but I don't think we're talking about the same caliber of player (as on the top teams of the '80s)," Sloan said.”

“ "The talent level now (1996) nowhere compares to what it was eight years ago, and obviously it's because of expansion," said Jazz broadcaster Ron Boone.”

Braman

Superstar
Daps
These dudes go full retard. Anthony Edwards is wrong but so are these guys.

Welcome to sports culture.

You gotta fight violence with violence. The minute people stop being rationale, fukk it you gotta match em.

And I’ve said this plenty of times it’s all Kobe fans’ fault. The point of no return was when it became clear Bron as gonna pass Kobe. I lived this shyt on my group chat every day for years: Bron could have a quadruple double, play thr perfect game. win 5 straight MVPs the only reply would be “5>2” :unimpressed: Rings or his finals record…then he won that iconic chip with Cleveland and even they knew ring count couldn’t cut it, they went to the nonsensical and subjective ‘Ray saved him’….‘Kyrie saved him’….uh, uh, played against only 3.2 all nba players per game’. That right there, that nasty disingenuous ‘if my favorite player didn’t do it it don’t count’ energy is where we are today.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Even after being proved wrong in regards to Curry. You just gonna keep going!!?

I am. KG who played the game stated that these dudes wouldn't have played.

That's like you, you, who has never perform surgery telling a doctor he's wrong about what he does and been through

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
This is the only profession where's there's nonprofessional people telling people who are professional, who went through the times, played in the era, has experienced it, them that they are wrong.

Hilarious :mjlol:

I bet none of you goofies would tell a doctor that he doesn't know how to perform surgeries, now would you.

Curry is not putting up 16 points a game in 1995 for 82 games, he dayum sholl aint averaging 25 ppg. Buddy would be on BJ Armstrong levels in that league.

He's not even getting his shot off of the dribble like that in that league. Smh.

But yall know, because yall watch the free of movement shyt now and think otherwise.

Hilarious

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I am. KG who played the game stated that these dudes wouldn't have played.

That's like you, you, who has never perform surgery telling a doctor he's wrong about what he does and been through

Every metric says Curry is the best shooter of all time. On high volume.

He'd be fine, breh.

Go charge your phone.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the only profession where's there's nonprofessional people telling people who are professional, who went through the times, played in the era, has experienced it, them that they are wrong.

Hilarious :mjlol:

I bet none of you goofies would tell a doctor that he doesn't know how to perform surgeries, now would you.

Curry is not putting up 16 points a game in 1995 for 82 games, he dayum sholl aint averaging 25 ppg. Buddy would be on BJ Armstrong levels in that league.

He's not even getting his shot off of the dribble like that in that league. Smh.

But yall know, because yall watch the free of movement shyt now and think otherwise.

Hilarious

The problem with this logic is that players are not a monolith. Just like fans have different opinions, players do as well. So how do we decide who gets to be right? How do we decide whose word gets to be treated as gospel you can’t argue against and who doesn’t?

For example, Steve Kerr played 15 years in the NBA in the 80s, 90s and 00s. If he disagreed with you saying Steph wouldn’t be able to average 16 PPG in that era, would you admit that you’re wrong and he’s right?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What part of high volume, high usage were you unable to process, King?

You sound like a dude that go by those numbers. These dudes actually played, telling you "who hasn't played at all" that your Curry, half of this gen wouldn't even make a roster but you wanna go by what a computer totaled.

He's able to take more shots in this era because of the freedom of movement, he's not taking that many shots in 1994 King. Do you understand that?

He's not getting those shots off when the freedom of movement is not a thing. Do you understand that King?

Yea this gen is cooked.

If nobody can guard, you will host up more shots vs if someone is pressing, bodying you, bigger than you, and the offenses in 1994 are not allowing for you to shoot those shots.

You do know there were great shooters not named Curry, Dale Curry was a sniper, and HE did not shoot that much. Why do you think that? KIng

He was a top shooter in his Era, why do you think he didn't put up 25 a game? and shoot 6 to 7 3 pointers a game? Why King