KG (in response to Ant Man)- "If im being honest, I don't think anyone in this generation could've played 20 years ago"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Present players and ex-players need to stop confusing the actually players with the rules of the game.

When saying, “such and such couldn’t have played back then”, they need to clarify that they played different back then and today’s rules and style of play wouldn’t fly. But to say they wouldn’t be able to play back then is just dumb.

They wouldn’t be able to play the STYLE of today back then because the rules and infractions were different. Players would’ve just played ball the way the league deemed. Such dumb comparisons.

Cant we just say we dont know if todays stars wouldve had success in past eras due to rule changes?

But we do know the old stars of the past wouldve had success today,because the rule changes make scoring easier:sas1:.

This tells us yesterdays stars are better than todays stars. Why wont Adam Silver change the rules back,lets see whos really who.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This take by KG is just as delusional as the Ant comment.
Same breh different generation.

But there’s like 1 Edward’s and about 200 old heads saying stupid shyt. So I’m for him balancing out the stupidity :manny:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the freedom of movement is the biggest truth.

Harden is a HOF but I like his game pre-D’Antoni more aesthetically than after D’Antoni arrived.

If you get physical with these dudes and the refs allow it, most of these “star” players will check out. We saw it that one playoff series with Portland and New Orleans. They let Jrue rough those Portland guards up and have his way and they checked out

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
the space that post ups midrange 2 dribble pull-ups and all that don't flourish the same

now you got a team 7 foot plus wingspan motherfukkers cooperating to defend that space

In the old days there was no space so those two driblle pull ups were necessary.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dude, Steph struggled when he first came in the NBA, so imagine him coming into the league with a Young Gil, Marbury, Rod Strickland, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, that dude is not getting off the bench if he plays in the 90s. I'm not talking about Curry year 7, He doesn't even get to Year 7 and become who he is in the 90s is what I"m talking about

Those long 3's won't be a factor because he's being picked up 94ft and he's going to have to create his own shot.

Gary Payton pressing up on him. Man you better listen to KG.

These were grown ass man, yall looking at what Curry 'has become' his first 3 years in the 90s NBA, that dude wouldn't even be a starter.

Please stop it.

That USA semi game told me everything.

Back then you had to actually dominate in college to even be consider something in the league. Davidson is not beating any team college team in the 90s, so Curry wouldn't even gotten drafted, let alone make a NBA roster back in the 90s

You’re comparing Curry at 36 and then at 21 against the 90s players in their primes of course. Stop it

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
98% of the 60s wouldnt get drafted
90%of the 70s wouldn’t get drafted
75% of the 80s wouldnt get drafted
65% of the 90s wouldnt get drafted
40% of the 00s wouldnt get drafted in todays game

I dont care about no damn rule changes. I have eyes and tbh being generous with my percentages. John stockton is considered one the best pgs ever. He would not get a chance to start in todays game. He would be right there with Pritchard and Mconnell.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
98% of the 60s wouldnt get drafted
90%of the 70s wouldn’t get drafted
75% of the 80s wouldnt get drafted
65% of the 90s wouldnt get drafted
40% of the 00s wouldnt get drafted in todays game

I dont care about no damn rule changes. I have eyes and tbh being generous with my percentages. John stockton is considered one the best pgs ever. He would not get a chance to start in todays game. He would be right there with Pritchard and Mconnell.

LMAOOOOOO

PRITCHARD AND MCCONELL WOULDNT MAKE IT ON A ROSTER IN THE 90S

THEYD BE LUCKY TO BE MIKE PENBERTHY

AND MIKE PENBERTHY WOULD BE LOOKIN LIKE MARK PRICE IN TODAYS GAME

JOHN STOCKTON PLAYED IN THE SAME ERA AS STEVE NASH AND MADE AN ALL STAR TEAM IN 2000 WHEN NASH WAS IN HIS 4TH SEASON

AND NASH WAS AN MVP IN A LEAGUE WIT PRIME WADE AND LEBRON

YOUR SHIIT AINT ADDING UP HOMIE

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
You’re comparing Curry at 36 and then at 21 against the 90s players in their primes of course. Stop it

Ok, Let's do this

How much did Curry weigh when he came into the league?? Who is he stopping in the 90s?

Why didn't KOBE get run in his 1st year?? Why wasn't he dominated in his first year in 96?

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Ok, Let's do this

How much did Curry weigh when he came into the league?? Who is he stopping in the 90s?

Why didn't KOBE get run in his 1st year?? Why wasn't he dominated in his first year in 96?

Even after being proved wrong in regards to Curry. You just gonna keep going!!?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
"Steph Curry would be BJ Armstrong or Craig Hodges" takes in 2024

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I remember being so pissed off that BJ Armstrong and his garbage handle got voted in as all star game starter over young Kenny Anderson.

He is the clearest example of MJ’s presence overhyping an era

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

For Dennis, his 1995-96 Chicago team had the entire league in the palm of their hands. "This league is so filtered and watered down, we can beat anybody with our eyes closed, pretty much," Rodman claimed.

Every gen say this about every sport literally every sport
I don’t think other champions would say what Rodman truthfully said about his championship team. That shyt was unique to the NBA