Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I’m starting to notice not as many black men are shyt articles this year. I would love to see Kevin Samuels talk with Damon young. The dude who wrote “ black men are the white men of black people”. I remember back in 2015 all he did was write condescending post about black men and kept wearing those “ I love bougie black women” shirts. Dude stayed pandering to black feminist.

:mjtf:
COVID shut all that shyt down. These chicks are lonely at home.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
COVID shut all that shyt down. These chicks are lonely at home.

They are. They don't have stuff to keep them entertained like we do as men when locked down. Give a man a gaming system, Uber Eats, a laptop and an internet connection and we'll be good for extended periods of time. A breh might not even leave his couch!

Once most women watch all their shows on Netflix and VH1, they don't have anything else to do.

In general, men are self starters. Women aren't. They don't have that latent curiosity and explorer spirit that we possess as men.

They need us to provide that spark and to keep things fun.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
The notion that Black women don't want to marry down is one of my points of disagreement with Kevin, the data doesn't support that narrative.

I’m starting to notice not as many black men are shyt articles this year. I would love to see Kevin Samuels talk with Damon young. The dude who wrote “ black men are the white men of black people”. I remember back in 2015 all he did was write condescending post about black men and kept wearing those “ I love bougie black women” shirts. Dude stayed pandering to black feminist.

:mjtf:

Damon Young and I ran in similar circles when I lived in Pittsburgh lol dude is a clown and wouldn't be able to keep up with Kevin.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The notion that Black women don't want to marry down is one of my points of disagreement with Kevin, the data doesn't support that narrative.

Damon Young and I ran in similar circles when I lived in Pittsburgh lol dude is a clown and wouldn't be able to keep up with Kevin.
What are you basing that on?

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
What are you basing that on?

Brookings Report

RACE GAPS IN ASSORTATIVE MATING
If we narrow our focus to those college graduates who do marry, the race gap remains clear: compared to whites, black college graduates are much more likely to have “married down,” in terms of education. White, married college graduates are slightly more likely (11% vs. 8%) to have a better-educated husband (i.e., with post-graduate qualfications). But the real race gap appears between those with equally-educated and less-educated husbands. Married, black college graduates are much more likely to have a husband with a lower level of education, compared to whites of a similar background (58% vs. 48%):

09_race_assortative_mating_fig4.png

There are a lot of valid criticisms of Black woman when it comes to relationships and marriage, the narrative that they not checking for Blue-collar/Non White collar dudes isn't one of them.

Single black female BA seeks educated husband: Race, assortative mating and inequality

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Brookings Report

If we narrow our focus to those college graduates who do marry, the race gap remains clear: compared to whites, black college graduates are much more likely to have “married down,” in terms of education. White, married college graduates are slightly more likely (11% vs. 8%) to have a better-educated husband (i.e., with post-graduate qualfications). But the real race gap appears between those with equally-educated and less-educated husbands. Married, black college graduates are much more likely to have a husband with a lower level of education, compared to whites of a similar background (58% vs. 48%):

There are a lot of valid criticisms of Black woman when it comes to relationships and marriage, the narrative that they not checking for Blue-collar/Non White collar dudes isn't one of them.

Single black female BA seeks educated husband: Race, assortative mating and inequality
having a higher Education isnt dating down. I dont even see how you/they got these 2 intertwine. shyt wifes go back to school after getting married.

Women are educated more then men across the board. except for asian men.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
having a higher Education isnt dating down. I dont even see how you/they got these 2 intertwine. shyt wifes go back to school after getting married.

Women are educated more then men across the board. except for asian men.

The article represents it as dating down, society sees it as dating down, and subjective opinions of the concept are don't matter in this context. How I intertwined them is pretty obvious given the context is clear. Women being more educated across the board irrelevant to this conversation seeing as how the KS's conversations are about how Black women behave relative to other women.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Brookings Report

Those are 2012 numbers. It’s a different ball game now.

What those antiquated numbers do not show is black women are marrying way less than their anglo counterparts.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The article represents it as dating down, society sees it as dating down, and subjective opinions of the concept are don't matter in this context. How I intertwined them is pretty obvious given the context is clear. Women being more educated across the board irrelevant to this conversation seeing as how the KS's conversations are about how Black women behave relative to other women.
Nah I get what you are saying, what I'm saying is how it associated with education when men on average make more than women. So what they saying even though the Husband makes more he is dating up because his wife has more education then him.

Imagine a millionaire with a Ged dating a broad with a liberal arts degree:mjlol:... She would be dating down!

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Nah I get what you are saying, what I'm saying is how it associated with education when men on average make more than women. So what they saying even though the Husband makes more he is dating up because his wife has more education then him.

Imagine a millionaire with a Ged dating a broad with a liberal arts degree:mjlol:... She would be dating down!

It's not a perfect proxy, but it's normal to use college education as a placeholder for income and the subjective concept of social status. These types of studies are not perfect and can't possibly cover every type of scenario.

But going back to my original statement, my main point is that it's difficult to reconcile KS criticizing Black women for not doing something when the data shows a completely different picture.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
It's not a perfect proxy, but it's normal to use college education as a placeholder for income and the subjective concept of social status. These types of studies are not perfect and can't possibly cover every type of scenario.

But going back to my original statement, my main point is that it's difficult to reconcile KS criticizing Black women for not doing something when the data shows a completely different picture.
Data shows they arent getting married so im trying to figure out whats the issue.