Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: bout to have to drop some K.S advice

Got a coworker who is 35 years old, single, no kids. Makes decent money. She cant understand she she single. Always complaining about "no good men" and "all men aint shyt". Was tellin another coworker about some guy she met over xmas, super nice guy etc etc, but after there first date the guy didnt text later on that night to ask her how she was so she cut him off :unimpressed:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Got a coworker who is 35 years old, single, no kids. Makes decent money. She cant understand she she single. Always complaining about "no good men" and "all men aint shyt". Was tellin another coworker about some guy she met over xmas, super nice guy etc etc, but after there first date the guy didnt text later on that night to ask her how she was so she cut him off :unimpressed:
She getting out of taking responsibility for herself. She rejects Good men because they dont meet her standards. If they dont meet her standards therefore they arent good. Its a Jedi Mind Trick...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Breh just let her crash and burn and enjoy the entertainment from a distance. Lol

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The notion that Black women don't want to marry down is one of my points of disagreement with Kevin, the data doesn't support that narrative.

I've gone over that data with you and it's compeling.

But, it can't be argued; black women are the least married women in America. And he has ancedotal data to support his claim; damn near all the women he speaks to have that opinion.

I think you're seeing the large segment of black women who are married who technically married down, but, not seeing that there's a large portion of unmarried black women who--again, ancedotally speaking--aren't married because they refuse to marry down.

You present good data, but, I still think KS has atleast a decent argument.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

I have a female co worker
Attractive no kids

Her: legit cant find a date..i swear dating in 30s suck

Me: let me see your tinder and dating app

I swear it was matches from decent to good lookind dudes..they all looked normal with jobs.

She just matches and wont even reply to their "how are you messages"

Im like :francis:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I've gone over that data with you and it's compeling.

But, it can't be argued; black women are the least married women in America. And he has ancedotal data to support his claim; damn near all the women he speaks to have that opinion.

I think you're seeing the large segment of black women who are married who technically married down, but, not seeing that there's a large portion of unmarried black women who--again, ancedotally speaking--aren't married because they refuse to marry down.

You present good data, but, I still think KS has atleast a decent argument.
But here's the thing. No woman black or white want to date down.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Data shows they arent getting married so im trying to figure out whats the issue.

The fact that they aren't getting married overall is a connected, but different issue.

The issue is his argument is hard to reconcile with the fact that college-educated Black women marry non-college-educated men more than their peers, which undermines his constant examples of what women of other races supposedly do. As the article points out, other races engage in assortative mating more than Black women. If his argument was simply:
  • A values/behavior based argument stating that college-educated Black women act like they are settling when they marry non-college-educated men
  • An odds based argument that more college educated Black women should marry non-college educated men because the odds are better.
Then I would have no issue with his stance, but he also states that college-educated Black women generally are holding out for "somebody on their level" which again falls in line with a popular narrative but doesn't line up with the numbers. The numbers would have to be lower for his rhetoric and the data to be on par with each other.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I remember listening to a show last summer and this lady called in and wanted to start the narrative " there's no good men in my city, they all either..... " Kevin shut that shyt down immediately and flipped it on her.

:wow:
It shows you that despite all that getting a degree and maybe nice job, these women are losers. Not all women, but these women that call in.

how you got a PhD and everything but can’t network and be amongst your high powered peers? Being an educated person IS SUPPOSED TO BE EXCLUSIVE, and if you have that degree you should be in that club.

you not supposed to still be hanging around your old neighborhood miscreants or be at the Mansion/Gold Room posturing and on your phone. You can’t be wanting to be an adolescent your whole life

I’m not even finished with school but I’m around the people who I should be around. Lucky all my childhood friends are hustlers too. There’s so many men out here hustling in all ways, why would you limit your self to ONE ARCHETYPE

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The fact that they aren't getting married overall is a connected, but different issue.

The issue is his argument is hard to reconcile with the fact that college-educated Black women marry non-college-educated men more than their peers, which undermines his constant examples of what women of other races supposedly do. As the article points out, other races engage in assortative mating more than Black women. If his argument was simply:
  • A values/behavior based argument stating that college-educated Black women act like they are settling when they marry non-college-educated men
  • An odds based argument that more college educated Black women should marry non-college educated men because the odds are better.
Then I would have no issue with his stance, but he also states that college-educated Black women generally are holding out for "somebody on their level" which again falls in line with a popular narrative but doesn't line up with the numbers. The numbers would have to be lower for his rhetoric and the data to be on par with each other.
This is what they say period. you dont need to look up data for that. Have you spoken to women in person?

But again yall falling for the banana in the tailpipe. It will always be some reason that they arent married. The goal post will keep being moved.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I have a female co worker
Attractive no kids

Her: legit cant find a date..i swear dating in 30s suck

Me: let me see your tinder and dating app

I swear it was matches from decent to good lookind dudes..they all looked normal with jobs.

She just matches and wont even reply to their "how are you messages"

Im like :francis:
They got two types. Sponsor and Pac in the suit.

if you make the same as her = you broke

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
They got two types. Sponsor and Pac in the suit.

if you make the same as her = you broke
bro her matches look like decent well put together guys, not druggies or criminals etc, who'd have a steady job etc. but she will match with them but wont message

:dwillhuh:

its like they get a dopamine hit from all number of daily matches

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
bro her matches look like decent well put together guys, not druggies or criminals etc, who'd have a steady job etc. but she will match with them but wont message

they are like children, you give them too many choices and they won't be able to make a decision.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

They do, which dont think dudes should take dating apps seriously.