Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He speaks facts. I think he's dogmatic in some of his viewpoints but for the most part he's trying to bring Black Men & Women together by setting realistic standards for themselves.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
After watching a lot of his content I can honestly day he is mostly speaking facts. Of course he is harsh for entertainment value but a lot of his underlying points are correct.

Also, his interviews with women has given me so much insight into how a lot of women think. Women tend to view themselves in a higher regard than they actually are. And a lot of men (particularly black men) tend to under value themselves. We've been shyt on for so many decades that a lot of us no longer have high standards in women. I don't consider myself a high value man (even though I make 6 figures) but his content is really showing me that its ok to have standards and place a high value on yourself. I didn't have any males growing up telling me about women so a lot of shyt I learned the hard way as do a lot of black men.
Women overvalue themselves (thank you simps dm’ing 3s like they 9s)

But the new Black man does NOT undervalue himself.

It’s why we call ourselves Kings brother.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
It’s actually kinda sad because if you research his own history he only really worked in entry to mid-level corporate sales for a few years and some of the companies on his LinkedIn can’t be verified. Sales is one of the easiest jobs to get into since it’s essentially unskilled corporate work. There’s no real pedigree or prestige to his resume and I’m going off his own standards. Even his own consulting company had some bad reviews pointing out him being unprofessional.

He’s talking about all of this “CEO, country club, boule, if you’re not making 6 figures you’re a failure as a man” shyt when he grew up raised by a single mother somewhere in the Midwest. He’s not from an established well-off upbringing, yet he talks like he is.

And no, I am not shytting on him. I’m just pointing out how his own facts and reality doesn’t align to the idealized persona and unrealistic standards he propagates onto black men and women.

Just because he’s in a suit, is knowledgeable of corporate terminology, and postures himself as some high value rich CEO - doesn’t mean he is in real life. At least before he started bringing in revenue with his persona.

I really wish people would be more honest. A lot of black people are vulnerable during these times, now more than ever. People need to get their heads right vs fukking it up with forcing unrealistic idealized standards on themselves.

I'm just curious what would you consider skilled corporate roles?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
He literally has. He has literally told male callers who don’t make 6 figures that they’re not worth his or a woman’s time. There was a whole video where he shyt on multiple black men who weren’t high earners, in shape, or had “big dikks.” The same way he does with women.

I encourage you to look at some of his videos from last year.
I watched the video you mentioned before. He says if you are not making enough money then you need to work more or get skills to make more. One of the callers made less than 15k a year, obese and did not understand why women would not approach him. What was he supposed to do? Coddle him? Tell him there was a woman out there that would love him no matter what given what i said before? Let's be real.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I'm just curious what would you consider skilled corporate roles?
Anything with a technical skill behind it within the corporation. Things like tech, engineering, medical, etc. That’s how I could best describe it, the kinds of roles you can’t fill or replace easily.

Tbh anyone can get a corporate sales job if you have some kind of degree and good presentation/people skills. Depending on how well you know terminology you can pretty much get into anything. These kinds of roles are pretty expendable, have strict quotas, high turnover, and only the top earners make any real money.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It’s actually kinda sad because if you research his own history he only really worked in entry to mid-level corporate sales for a few years and some of the companies on his LinkedIn can’t be verified. Sales is one of the easiest jobs to get into since it’s essentially unskilled corporate work. There’s no real pedigree or prestige to his resume and I’m going off his own standards. Even his own consulting company had some bad reviews pointing out him being unprofessional.

He’s talking about all of this “CEO, country club, boule, if you’re not making 6 figures you’re a failure as a man” shyt when he grew up raised by a single mother somewhere in the Midwest. He’s not from an established well-off upbringing, yet he talks like he is.

And no, I am not shytting on him. I’m just pointing out how his own facts and reality doesn’t align to the idealized persona and unrealistic standards he propagates onto black men and women.

Just because he’s in a suit, is knowledgeable of corporate terminology, and postures himself as some high value rich CEO - doesn’t mean he is in real life. At least before he started bringing in revenue with his persona.

I really wish people would be more honest. A lot of black people are vulnerable during these times, now more than ever. People need to get their heads right vs fukking it up with forcing unrealistic idealized standards on themselves.
When has he ever claimed to be a CEO??
And when did he say if your not making six figures as a man you're a failure?? Why would he advocate for women to check out blue collar guys if he believed any of that shyt you're talking about??
And where your born at vs where you end up in life are 2 different things. One can be changed while the other is way out of your control. You just hating but don't want to admit it at this point.:hhh:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
When has he ever claimed to be a CEO??
And when did he say if your not making six figures as a man you're a failure?? Why would he advocate for women to check out blue collar guys if he believed any of that shyt you're talking about??
And where your born at vs where you end up in life are 2 different things. One can be changed while the other is way out of your control. You just hating but don't want to admit it at this point.:hhh:
1. I said in relation to his persona. He’s obviously putting on an act and pumpfaking at the very least.

2. He’s said this in multiple videos with male callers. Look up his vids from last year where men called in. He has literally said this.

3. That was also apart of my point, people should be honest about where they’re born and where they are currently at. Not where some imaginary idealized version of themselves is.

4. I’m just pointing out the facts here, said I wasn’t shytting on him. Just pointing out the facts and how he doesn’t actually align up what he preaches.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
If you dont agree with that then you dont agree with 90% of his message. Literally everything he says centers around that central idea....get married the second you find someone who is considered "high value"

so be it :manny:

6 months is nothing, most people don’t even begin to let their guard down til a couple months anyway.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Anything with a technical skill behind it within the corporation. Things like tech, engineering, medical, etc. That’s how I could best describe it, the kinds of roles you can’t fill or replace easily.

Tbh anyone can get a corporate sales job if you have some kind of degree and good presentation/people skills. Depending on how well you know terminology you can pretty much get into anything. These kinds of roles are pretty expendable, have strict quotas, high turnover, and only the top earners make any real money.

I disagree with you a good salesperson is just as if more valuable than a good engineer especially at a startup. But I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much.