Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of problems in the black community exist because the dominant society wanted it that way and the women obliged because they benefited. Our community is centered around black girl magic and they dont give a fukk about their boys unless they are rapping, shooting a jumper or catching a football.

It wasn't always like this in the black community though.. The black girl magic is a recent phenomenon that took hold after the system beat down the men.. Now they're about to salvage the women and continue with the evolution of society..

Thats if the story of white people seeking melanin is actually a thing..

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Lets say thats entirely true and black men played no role in where our community is at, what are black men going to do about it?

80% of black babies are born out of wedlock and are therefore in single parent homes.
Is that dominant societies fault?
Or wait its only women's fault, right?

The deck is stacked against us I get it. Getting to the goal is going to be like swimming upstream, but if salmon manage to do it every year to continue their species then we as men should be able to do it to improve our communities.
Goal Post Moved..... I'll play....

Who decision is it to have a baby? The man or the women?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh...

They hate his guts....

But I guarantee the vast majority of his audience is women though

they actually love him, yall confusing some of this as anger when its really sexual tension. They get off on a man they find desirable "putting them in their place", hence why you see repeat callers trying to debate each time.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
It wasn't always like this in the black community though.. The black girl magic is a recent phenomenon that took hold after the system beat down the men.. Now they're about to salvage the women and continue with the evolution of society..

Thats if the story of white people seeking melanin is actually a thing..
I will not disagree with this.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Goal Post Moved..... I'll play....

Who decision is it to have a baby? The man or the women?

I think babies out of wedlock is a problem in our community. If its moving the goal posts I'll accept it.

Its a woman's decision if youre doing it wrong, its a husband and wife's decision if youre doing it right. A woman decides to carry a baby, a man decides to plant a seed in her with unprotected sex.

Accountability isn't an all or nothing thing, its usually a shared concept. When people don't understand that they can't improve, because its always someone else's fault.

And only children can afford to think like that.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I think babies out of wedlock is a problem in our community. If its moving the goal posts I'll accept it.

Its a woman's decision if youre doing it wrong, its a husband and wife's decision if youre doing it right. A woman decides to carry a baby, a man decides to plant a seed in her with unprotected sex.

Accountability isn't an all or nothing thing, its usually a shared concept. When people don't understand that they can't improve, because its always someone else's fault.

I cant disagree, again who decision it to have a child?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I can tell he is a bitter closeted gay man that flamed out of corporate America which I don’t really hold against him because black men are always on the chopping block. It’s just his bitterness and feminine personality is too much for me.
I’m really not a fan of this whole social contract, corporate economics, marriage bullshyt. He touches on some legit problems with women having unrealistic standards and idealized versions of himself - but goes completely left field. He retorts with the same concept of an idealized black man that is an extreme minority - defined by neoliberal standards of wealth and status. And how she, as a woman, in lacking some form of social capital is unworthy of attaining such a man.

He’s essentially making the same argument as the women who call in, but whereas women believe that they are entitled to a partner based on them being a woman. He’s arguing the same thing for men who have a lot of resources/status.

It’s extremely unrealistic and his content is very toxic IMO. A lot of this could be boiled down to most of these men and women needing therapy.
Breh...

They hate his guts....

But I guarantee the vast majority of his audience is women though
Tbh I think they don’t hate him as much as they crave his validation. The women calling in seem to be trying to one up each other because he’s one of the few men out there calling them out on their bullshyt.

It’s just that most men don’t and they probably can’t find that energy anywhere so they come to him. They hate that they can’t get his validation, so they either fight against him in order to prove him wrong, or try to put on an idealized version of themselves to gain his approval.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
He’s telling them only a small amount of people can have their cake and eat it. Wanting to get on that train at 35+/fat and compete with 21-22 year old women is crazy.

you got old chicks still “on the scene” trying to compete with young girls who are not trying to be lifers in that. And these young girls are CLIQUED in better too

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I’m really not a fan of this whole social contract, corporate economics, marriage bullshyt. He touches on some legit problems with women having unrealistic standards and idealized versions of himself - but goes completely left field. He retorts with the same concept of an idealized black man that is an extreme minority - defined by neoliberal standards of wealth and status. And how she, as a woman, in lacking some form of social capital is unworthy of attaining such a man.

He’s essentially making the same argument as the women who call in, but whereas women believe that they are entitled to a partner based on them being a woman. He’s arguing the same thing for men who have a lot of resources/status.

It’s extremely unrealistic and his content is very toxic IMO. A lot of this could be boiled down to most of these men and women needing therapy.

Tbh I think they don’t hate him as much as they crave his validation. The women calling in seem to be trying to one up each other because he’s one of the few men out there calling them out on their bullshyt.

It’s just that most men don’t and they probably can’t find that energy anywhere so they come to him. They hate that they can’t get his validation, so they either fight against him in order to prove him wrong, or try to put on an idealized version of themselves to gain his approval.

Right I guarantee you that he is the type of black man that would tell you that you need to take the bass out of your voice or that you need to do this or that to appear as nonthreatening to CACs as possible in the corporate environment. It's antiquated BS in my opinion.

King

Daps
Right I guarantee you that he is the type of black man that would tell you that you need to take the bass out of your voice or that you need to do this or that to appear as nonthreatening to CACs as possible in the corporate environment. It's antiquated BS in my opinion.
It’s actually kinda sad because if you research his own history he only really worked in entry to mid-level corporate sales for a few years and some of the companies on his LinkedIn can’t be verified. Sales is one of the easiest jobs to get into since it’s essentially unskilled corporate work. There’s no real pedigree or prestige to his resume and I’m going off his own standards. Even his own consulting company had some bad reviews pointing out him being unprofessional.

He’s talking about all of this “CEO, country club, boule, if you’re not making 6 figures you’re a failure as a man” shyt when he grew up raised by a single mother somewhere in the Midwest. He’s not from an established well-off upbringing, yet he talks like he is.

And no, I am not shytting on him. I’m just pointing out how his own facts and reality doesn’t align to the idealized persona and unrealistic standards he propagates onto black men and women.

Just because he’s in a suit, is knowledgeable of corporate terminology, and postures himself as some high value rich CEO - doesn’t mean he is in real life. At least before he started bringing in revenue with his persona.

I really wish people would be more honest. A lot of black people are vulnerable during these times, now more than ever. People need to get their heads right vs fukking it up with forcing unrealistic idealized standards on themselves.

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:ehh:

They're not going to like this though..

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It’s actually kinda sad because if you research his own history he only really worked in entry to at the best, mid-level, corporate sales for a few years and some of the companies on his LinkedIn can’t be verified.

He’s talking about all of this “CEO, country club, boule, if you’re not making 6 figures you’re a failure as a man” shyt when he grew up in a single parent household somewhere in the Midwest.

And no, I am not shytting on him. I’m just pointing out how his own reality doesn’t align to the idealized persona he propagates on others.

I really wish people would be more honest. A lot of black people are vulnerable during these times, now more than ever. People need to get their heads right vs fukking it up with forcing unrealistic idealized standards on themselves.

This is the problem with you guys, you are either not listening or straight up lying. He has never said men who make less than six figures are scrubs and are garbage. He has stated many times that those men are more than good choices for relationships, but it is the women who keep calling in that are asking how to get a "HVM". He makes a point that a good deal of BW do not value men at that level when they should. He asks them why cant they get with a man making average to above average money, but they do not want to hear it. And if the women do say they would, they state that they will push him to try to make 6 figures even if the man is doing fine where he is.

All he says is "HVM" are going to have higher standards and a 5 in the face 35+ woman is most likely not going to get one of those men. She needs to get a man on her "level" but they do not want to hear that.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
After watching a lot of his content I can honestly day he is mostly speaking facts.

I don't have a problem with his content, my only issue is he isn't saying anything new that Patrice O'neil, Corey Holcomb, Tariq, Tom Leykis, and slew of Youtube personalities haven't said before him.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i highly disagree with his take on the time limit in which a man decides to get married.

A woman was on yesterday and said she has been talking to a guy for 6 months and Kevin asked why wasn’t they married yet
:mjtf:

Other than that I tend to agree with most stuff he says.

If you dont agree with that then you dont agree with 90% of his message. Literally everything he says centers around that central idea....get married the second you find someone who is considered "high value"

King

Daps
This is the problem with you guys, you are either not listening or straight up lying. He has never said men who make less than six figures are scrubs and are garbage. He has stated many times that those men are more than good choices for relationships, but it is the women who keep calling in that are asking how to get a "HVM". He makes a point that a good deal of BW do not value men at that level when they should. He asks them why cant they get with a man making average to above average money, but they do not want to hear it. And if the women do say they would, they state that they will push him to try to make 6 figures even if the man is doing fine where he is.

All he says is "HVM" are going to have higher standards and a 5 in the face 35+ woman is most likely not going to get one of those men. She needs to get a man on her "level" but they do not want to hear that.
He literally has. He has literally told male callers who don’t make 6 figures that they’re not worth his or a woman’s time. There was a whole video where he shyt on multiple black men who weren’t high earners, in shape, or had “big dikks.” The same way he does with women.

I covered some of what you were saying in my initial post.

I encourage you to look at some of his videos from last year. Not trying to get into an argument, but it isn’t hard to find, look at the facts breh.