Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Listening to some older shows now..

Is there any man on this site who would want to wife up ANY woman that has called KS's show based on what they have said during a call?

If so, which woman and why?

From what I have observed (this may be an unpopular opinion), the women callers (overwhelmingly majority) make overseas mongering more appealing to me which is a damn shame! Smh..
women are women everywhere.

if you wife one up overseas, stay overseas

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
women are women everywhere.

if you wife one up overseas, stay overseas

I agree with the latter part of your response. Since women are women everywhere, then there should be no issue nor pushback on men who seek to deal with women anywhere on earth.

However, I do believe that women are not monoliths. They hold different lifestyles, beliefs, cultures, etc.

I see no issue with men who chooses to expand his horizons.

• Dap
Reactions: Mtt

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I've been watching more of his content. His videos are hilarious but his approach to marriage is very cold and seems purely transactional. A woman called in the other day talking about love and he pretty told her that love and sexual attraction didn't matter. He literally told a chick to finish herself off because HVM don't have time for that.

:russ::deadmanny:

I think he ignores at lot nuances that make marriage work and is pure money centric.

One interesting point he brought up is the concept of the 2nd wife. I brought this up in an earlier post that I have witnessed a lot of "HVM" leave their first wife after the children are raised for women who are more career minded and can related to them better.

I think it is the perfect scenario for many women who don't want to take the stay at home route. I wish he would talk on this more.

All in all, the more I watch him the more I like him but his advice it too surface level and generic to really be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Another idea that he mentioned is that a damsel in distress is more appealing to men then a self sufficient woman is interesting to me. But I have actually seem this concept play out in real life. Men love to play the hero.

what does self sufficient mean? And what ever your definition is, why do the women calling in all demand men with more than them if said woman is a “boss”.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
what does self sufficient mean? And what ever your definition is, why do the women calling in all demand men with more than them if said woman is a “boss”.
Y’all gotta stop valuing the opinion of a middle aged former sex worker lol.

She better pray to a shaman that she can get any man to marry her let alone a HVM.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Another idea that he mentioned is that a damsel in distress is more appealing to men then a self sufficient woman is interesting to me. But I have actually seen this concept play out in real life. Men love to play the hero.

Kevin's approach to marriage and relationships caters to a specific demographic that most people are not a part of.

I understand the overall premise of his show. He wants to see Black people marry each other. I do support that goal.

However, I do take exception to many of his callers expecting men to provide a certain lifestyle that a very few amount of people could provide to the point where these women have made marriage quite unappealing to me.

What they have tried to explain what they bring to the table is standard for ANY relationship. Kevin has expressed to these women that they need to focus in finding someone on their socio-economic level which is why he often brings up stats on single eligible Black men.

Lastly, many of his women callers have atrocious communication skills! It is simply appalling! That has to be corrected if they ever aspire to be a wife and have a successful marriage.

What Kevin expressed about Black women dying alone is real AF! I really believe the many young Black women don't take this into account when dealing with Black men.

Like you said, his show is entertaining, but for me, is off putting at the same time.

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I've been watching more of his content. His videos are hilarious but his approach to marriage is very cold and seems purely transactional. A woman called in the other day talking about love and he pretty told her that love and sexual attraction didn't matter. He literally told a chick to finish herself off because HVM don't have time for that.

I think he ignores at lot nuances that make marriage work and is pure money centric.

One interesting point he brought up is the concept of the 2nd wife. I brought this up in an earlier post that I have witnessed a lot of "HVM" leave their first wife after the children are raised for women who are more career minded and can related to them better.

I think it is the perfect scenario for many women who don't want to take the stay at home route. I wish he would talk on this more.

All in all, the more I watch him the more I like him but his advice it too surface level and generic to really be taken seriously.

Yes. Which is why I mentioned he needs to add more nuance to his points. Because some of that stuff is absurd.

Men and women taking some of that stuff as gospel will lead to a lot of resentment in marriages.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Love ain't doing it.

:francis:

ncfmr-2010-divorce.jpg

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I respect that Asians literally shun and shame their own if they file for divorce.

atleast you’re keeping the family structure together.

:manny:
My Indian co worker told me how his cousin and his wife were going to divorce and when both families found out, they had an a damn near intervention and stopped it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My Indian co worker told me how his cousin and his wife were going to divorce and when both families found out, they had an a damn near intervention and stopped it.

in many cultures when there is issues in the marriage you talk to the elders in the family to step in and assist. In America folks run straight to the courthouse just because they woke up and felt "unhappy"