Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
My only complaint with this dude Kevin Samuels is his refusal to have a back and forth conversation. 90% of the time he doesn’t even let anyone talk to even attempt to counter his points.

He would have 10x the amount of entertaining content if he just let people say shyt sometimes

That's been my main point. And these butthurt brehs on here cannot see this!

Because they know a true back-and-forth would expose some flaws in the arguments.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Samuels says you should propose to your girlfriend 6 months into a relationship. :mjlol:

He's telling men to get married and get married early.

He also doesn't mention the fact that men especially men of means will shy away from marriage regardless of how special the women he's with is.. because of all the horror stories about marriage and about how 50% of marriages end in divorce.

Dude's been married twice yet telling men to get married. I understand.. marriage further solidifies a relationship.. a couple will be more likely to stay together if legally married vs not.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Samuels says you should propose to your girlfriend 6 months into a relationship. :mjlol:

He also doesn't mention the fact that men especially men of means will shy away from marriage regardless of how special the women he's with is.. because of all the horror stories about marriage and about how 50% of marriages end in divorce.

Dude's been married twice yet telling men to get married. I understand.. marriage further solidifies a relationship.. a couple will be more likely to stay together if legally married vs not.

Kevin Samuels is definitely for entertainment only

no sane person with any experience dealing with women would take his advice seriously. Atleast I hope y’all nikkas don’t take this seriously....:mjgrin:

jay83

Superstar
Daps

I definitely disagree with him on that. But I think he’s referring to the 45 year old man who has everything in place and has had his fun and just wants a wife to take care of his kids. Those dudes don’t have a lot of time to waste so I could see why he might say 6 months to a year.

ain’t no way in hell I’m even thinking of proposing to a woman until I’ve been with her at least 4 seasons of the year.
:mjlol:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
It's shocking how these women call in explaining why they want and feel like they deserve a high value man (man making 100k or more a year) but I've yet to hear one woman talk about a man's character, morals, spirituality, how he views relationships, the world, women, family, things he places value on, who he is as a person etc.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Kevin Samuels is definitely for entertainment only

no sane person with any experience dealing with women would take his advice seriously. Atleast I hope y’all nikkas don’t take this seriously....:mjgrin:

Some of these brehs are eating it up. Probably the same nikkas who tossed their hard-earned money at Dr. Umar without asking serious questions!

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Some of these brehs are eating it up. Probably the same nikkas who tossed their hard-earned money at Dr. Umar without asking serious questions!

when you say “eating it up” I’m assuming you are suggesting he’s a scam artist or something. What about what he preaches is bullshyt?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I definitely disagree with him on that. But I think he’s referring to the 45 year old man who has everything in place and has had his fun and just wants a wife to take care of his kids. Those dudes don’t have a lot of time to waste so I could see why he might say 6 months to a year.

ain’t no way in hell I’m even thinking of proposing to a woman until I’ve been with her at least 4 seasons of the year.

Yes. Which is why I say there needs to be a lot more nuance in his advice.

You have young Black women listening in who are in relationships with brehs on the path to make big money. Yet, they hear this nikka telling them they need to have one foot out the door if a man hasn’t proposed in six months.

He needs to preface that by saying a man older than 45.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
when you say “eating it up” I’m assuming you are suggesting he’s a scam artist or something. What about what he preaches is bullshyt?

I’m not saying he’s a scam artist. I’m saying that brehs are eating it up without thinking critically for themselves.

I appreciate that Kevin Samuels has opened up the conversation and put it on the floor for Black America to wrestle with.

But, his ideas and messages are not above critique.

If he and his followers don’t believe that, we have a problem.

Last edited:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Boule ADOS folks and Nigerians tend to do the same kind of 'sizing up' when it comes to other black folks. Asking your family name, where people went to school, what church they go to, etc etc. Lotta folks never seen that look of disgust an older Boule person gives someone that doesn't pass their test lol. Luckily I have never been victim but its crazy. When you are first get college student/middle class you still have that 'damn aint we all black', but them folks are real protective of their circles. I'm not going to say whats right or wrong, but their reasoning is to protect their positions on the food chain.
The boujee nigerians yes.

Most Nigerians in my experience aren't well off.

I think it's 50/50 with their children becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.

Most aren't really.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I’m not saying he’s a scam artists. I’m saying that brehs are eating it up without thinking critically for themselves.

I appreciate that Kevin Samuels has opened up the conversation and put it on the floor for Black America to wrestle with.

Yeah some of his sayings like 6 months proposal is definitely a huge disagreement and I would like to see someone challenge him on that. Okay I thought you were saying him telling woman to lose weight and seek therapy was a scam or something.

maybe because I’ve been following his channel right around when covid hit in February I have seen many of his videos and the good definitely outweigh the bad. I would like to see him get back to male videos again. Especially when he says black men need to stop trying to avoid conflicts with women to keep the peace.

Daps
Yes. Which is why I say there needs to be a lot more nuance in his advice.

You have young Black women listening in who are in relationships with brehs on the path to make big money. Yet, they hear this nikka telling them they need to have one foot out the door if a man hasn’t proposed in six months.

He needs to preface that by saying a man older than 45.

you got a link for where he said that? You’ve got valid criticisms of him, but I feel like you kind of have to ignore what his lane is to give them more weight. He’s pretty clear that there’s nothing wrong with being average and that marrying an average man is ok. He also talks about the need to lock down guys early in college.

Kevin’s target audience is women who want a dude who can trick off them right now. A high earner in the early part of his career can’t do that smartly. We don’t get calls like what you’re describing. There’s no 23 year old with a dude at Goldman Sachs just starting out calling in for advice. It’s all women who are trying to stop working immediately.

the women who call into his show need time machines.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I’m not saying he’s a scam artist. I’m saying that brehs are eating it up without thinking critically for themselves.

Seeing his audience I think most of them are just bitter brehs complaining about women.

if only a small percentage of brehs are high value, then most of his male followers aren’t high value.

I honestly just watch his content for entertainment.

I remember his early videos where he did image consulting but his style of video making was never really for me.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
There are plenty of people that have self-hatred and are dating someone of another race (really white) because they are seen as a prize, above the men of their own race even if the white person is physically below average, broke, etc.

Was talking to an Ethiopian shorty the other day. Told me her sister is very beautiful and only dates white guys. She said she doesn't like her sister's white boyfriend, he looks down on them because they aren't well off when neither is he, he's on a pedestal because he's white, etc.

That’s a lot of women tho. Just be white with a pulse. You shouldn’t have a problem.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yeah some of his sayings like 6 months proposal is definitely a huge disagreement and I would like to see someone challenge him on that. Okay I thought you were saying him telling woman to lose weight and seek therapy was a scam or something.

maybe because I’ve been following his channel right around when covid hit in February I have seen many of his videos and the good definitely outweigh the bad. I would like to see him get back to male videos again. Especially when he says black men need to stop trying to avoid conflicts with women to keep the peace.

Not at all. Those are all good things.

I have already mentioned that I agree with the message at a fundamental level.

I just think there needs to be more nuance when giving some of our younger women advice.