Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Boule ADOS folks and Nigerians tend to do the same kind of 'sizing up' when it comes to other black folks. Asking your family name, where people went to school, what church they go to, etc etc. Lotta folks never seen that look of disgust an older Boule person gives someone that doesn't pass their test lol. Luckily I have never been victim but its crazy. When you are first get college student/middle class you still have that 'damn aint we all black', but them folks are real protective of their circles. I'm not going to say whats right or wrong, but their reasoning is to protect their positions on the food chain.
You mean “rich” and well to do Nigerians right?

I don’t like the conflation of upper class blacks to “normal” everyday Nigerians. As if a upper class blacks and everyday Nigerian are equal on the socioeconomic landscape. May not be your intention but appears that way.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
The boujee nigerians yes.

Most Nigerians in my experience aren't well off.

I think it's 50/50 with their children becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.

Most aren't really.
That’s what I’m saying. I know mad broke ass Nigerians. Never got sized up by them either cause they were broke as hell like me growing up lol. Go to the northside of Chicago and you see it. There’s a gang of them in ADOS founded gangs as well.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Seeing his audience I think most of them are just bitter brehs complaining about women.

if only a small percentage of brehs are high value, then most of his male followers aren’t high value.

I honestly just watch his content for entertainment.

I remember his early videos where he did image consulting but his style of video making was never really for me.

Some brehs just want to see our women get handed Ls.

nikkas like Minister Jap are like that. I have my critiques of Black women, but the type of venom Jap spews is not healthy to listen to over and over, again.

I am all for both Black men and Black women aiming to improve. But, we’ve got to be able to offer critique of leading voices, when necessary, without people getting in their feelings.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

I don’t like the conflation of upper class blacks to “normal” everyday Nigerians. As if a upper class blacks and everyday Nigerian are equal on the socioeconomic landscape. May not be your intention but appears that way.
They enjoy promoting the "elite wealthy nigerian" stereotype in order to make themselves feel better. Its pathetic

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

nikkas like Minister Jap are like that. I have my critiques of Black women, but that type of venom is not healthy to listen to over and over, again.

I am all for both Black men and Black women aiming to improve. But, we’ve got to be able to offer critique, when necessary, without people getting in their feelings.
Right. Listening to their content over and over again just isn’t healthy.

Minister Jap is tommy 2.0 with the vitriol he uses when he goes in on black women.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

i figured me specifying boule ADOS implied i was speaking about well to do Nigerians as im using them in the same statement.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah some of his sayings like 6 months proposal is definitely a huge disagreement and I would like to see someone challenge him on that. Okay I thought you were saying him telling woman to lose weight and seek therapy was a scam or something.

maybe because I’ve been following his channel right around when covid hit in February I have seen many of his videos and the good definitely outweigh the bad. I would like to see him get back to male videos again. Especially when he says black men need to stop trying to avoid conflicts with women to keep the peace.

I too would like to see him address males again, part of the problem is those shows have hilariously bad and he said it gives women ammo for some of the dumb shyt they say

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Samuels says you should propose to your girlfriend 6 months into a relationship. :mjlol:

He's telling men to get married and get married early.

He also doesn't mention the fact that men especially men of means will shy away from marriage regardless of how special the women he's with is.. because of all the horror stories about marriage and about how 50% of marriages end in divorce.

Dude's been married twice yet telling men to get married. I understand.. marriage further solidifies a relationship.. a couple will be more likely to stay together if legally married vs not.

I don't agree with the 6 months thing but I definitely agree it does not take an age to get to know someone.

I respect him for still pushing marriage after his bad experiences, it would be easy to go the opposite way

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nikkas like Minister Jap are like that. I have my critiques of Black women, but that type of venom is not healthy to listen to over and over, again.

I am all for both Black men and Black women aiming to improve. But, we’ve got to be able to offer critique, when necessary, without people getting in their feelings.

True, yet the divide and mistrust between both genders seems so vast for that to happen

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I don't agree with the 6 months thing but I definitely agree it does not take an age to get to know someone.

I respect him for still pushing marriage after his bad experiences, it would be easy to go the opposite way
You think it’s a good idea for men to be getting married when there’s a 50% chance it might end in divorce?