Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Daps
:mjlol:

Ok. I’d like to see a white woman wasting time trying to wrap her mind around the idea of whether some young, white Harvard Medical grad she comes across is a HENRY or HVM.

I think there’s kind of a breakdown in communication here. I think most people would agree with you that a chick should grab a Harvard med grad if she can.

The disconnect is the lane Kevin is in. Kevin is dealing with a very specific kind of woman and man. This is a woman who doesn’t want to work and have a man take care of her. A Harvard Med Grad going into his residency isn’t going to have the money to give that woman the lifestyle she says she wants in the first 10 years of his career when he’s making 39k and paying down med school loans. If the woman’s goal is too stop working once she’s married, the Harvard Med grad isn’t going to provide that lifestyle right away.

I think Kevin could do a better job of making this distinction. But all of his callers are 30ish year old women who are trying to get out of the game. But he does mention how other races of women lock those kinds of guys down while they’re still in college.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I think there’s kind of a breakdown in communication here. I think most people would agree with you that a chick should grab a Harvard med grad if she can.

The disconnect is the lane Kevin is in. Kevin is dealing with a very specific kind of woman and man. This is a woman who doesn’t want to work and have a man take care of her. A Harvard Med Grad going into his residency isn’t going to have the money to give that woman the lifestyle she says she wants in the first 10 years of his career when he’s making 39k and paying down med school loans. If the woman’s goal is too stop working once she’s married, the Harvard Med grad isn’t going to provide that lifestyle right away.

I think Kevin could do a better job of making this distinction. But all of his callers are 30ish year old women who are trying to get out of the game. But he does mention how other races of women lock those kinds of guys down while they’re still in college.

The problem is he is overgeneralizing and offering no nuance. And when challenged on this, he gets defensive and simply hangs up or turns the logic to put the women down.

That’s weak to me. A man comfortable in his positions should be able to dabble in nuance.

Which is why I argue he’d be food on a panel of real HV Black men of various ages. It’s good entertainment throughout the week, but as time has gone on, the limitations of his messaging become clear.

Daps
The problem is he is overgeneralizing and offering no nuance. And when challenged on this, he gets defensive and simply hangs up or turns the logic to put the women down.

That’s weak to me. A man comfortable in his positions should be able to dabble in nuance.

Which is why I argue he’d be food on a panel of real HV Black men of various ages. It’s good entertainment throughout the week, but as time has gone on, the limitations of his messaging become clear.

I think we’d have to get a very specific caller to test the hypothesis. We’d need some 23 year old currently dating someone like our hypothetical Harvard med grad to see what he’d say. Based on his other calls, I think he’d tell her she’s a damn fool for not locking the guy down now.

But I do generally agree with you that I think his definition is too narrow. But at the same time that’s his definition, and the women accept the premise by calling in and fighting with him.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You think an obvious narcissist describing himself to a tee as the definition of higher value is wrong? Get this heretical talk out of here sir:troll:

Even beyond that, it’s become clear that his “Disagreement” shows and call-in spots are not opportunities for a bidirectional exchange of information so both Kevin and his core audience’s views can evolve. It’s more for him to claim his views are right and to argue down those of women calling in.

What type of man just want to argue down women for hours on end? :hhh:

It’s also why he gets so defensive when the word narcissist is uttered on the show. This has clearly come up in past situations that involved him.

Again, I am all for Black men and Black women winning. But, we have to be able to call shyt for it is.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I listen to the show. And while he used to spend more time focusing on the concept of the HENRY, the conversation has shifted almost exclusively to HVM.
because people like you continue to focus only on HVM and ignore the other groupings he created.

The Black Software Engineer making 150k is not the same as the Black Vice President of Engineering at the same company.

You're talking about dudes in their 20s being HVM which once again shows you are ignoring whats presented and projecting your own insecurities.

Alot of Men and Women have their feathers ruffled because everyone wants to be number 1, and when they see they aren't number 1, they dismiss the criteria that says what number 1 is because in their mind they are number 1.

I have Team members who are Millionaires, my CEO is a billionaire and considered a world leader, do I really think I'm in the same category as my CEO because I've been clearing six figures for a while?

In modern times a Net Worth sub 10 million USD isn't even anything to brag about anymore when you have people worth 200 billion walking around.

Daps
Even beyond that, it’s become clear that his “Disagreement” shows and call-in spots are not opportunities for a bidirectional exchange of information so both Kevin and his core audience’s views can evolve. It’s more for him to claim his views are right and to argue down those of women calling in.

What type of man just want to argue down women for hours on end? :hhh:

It’s also why he gets so defensive when the word narcissist is uttered on the show. This has clearly come up in past situations that involved him.

Again, I am all for Black men and Black women winning. But, we have to be able to call shyt for it is.

theres a whole industry of men making millions telling women what they want to hear. This is the opposite side of the same coin. I’m not mad at him.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
because people like you continue to focus only on HVM and ignore the other groupings he created.

The Black Software Engineer making 150k is not the same as the Black Vice President of Engineering at the same company.

You're talking about dudes in their 20s being HVM which once again shows you are ignoring whats presented and projecting your own insecurities.

Alot of Men and Women have their feathers ruffled because everyone wants to be number 1, and when they see they aren't number 1, they dismiss the criteria that says what number 1 is because in their mind they are number 1.

I have Team members who are Millionaires, my CEO is a billionaire and considered a world leader, do I really think I'm in the same category as my CEO because I've been clearing six figures for a while?

In modern times a Net Worth sub 10 million USD isn't even anything to brag about anymore when you have people worth 200 billion walking around.

Insecurities? Who? Me?

Not at all, my dude. I am calling it how I see it. Kevin Samuels isn’t my daddy and doesn’t think for me like you nikkas. I can agree with certain aspects of his messages and disagree with others.

Who ever claimed that a $150k software developer is the same as a CEO? But, to put the message out there that a $150k Black SW engineer, investment banker, etc. in his 20s is not HV or to even allude to that is sending the wrong message in our community.

Since he likes to judge the Black community against what others are doing, he has to know that this is bullshyt.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Ok, breh. A nikka broadcasting out of an apartment in Atlanta who used to be the fragrance man at Nordstrom is telling Black men of all ages what high value is all about!

Keep in mind that I am a millionaire. And I have buddies getting there as well.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Insecurities? Who? Me?

Not at all, my dude. I am calling it how I see it. Kevin Samuels isn’t my daddy and doesn’t think for me like you nikkas. I can agree with certain aspects of his messages and disagree with others.

Who ever claimed that a $150k software developer is the same as a CEO? But, to put the message out there that a $150k Black SW engineer, investment banker, etc. in his 20s is not HV or to even allude to that is sending the wrong message in our community.

Since he likes to judge the Black community against what others are doing, he has to know that this is bullshyt.

you're clearly insecure look at how you responded lol. Like the women who call his show. Now Kev is "judging" the black community.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Ok, breh. A nikka broadcasting out of an apartment in Atlanta who used to be the fragrance man at Nordstrom is telling Black men of all ages what high value is all about!

Keep in mind that I am a millionaire. And I have buddies getting there as well.

who isn't a millionaire. lol Like I said you're insecurities are leaking on your key board. Now you are trying to downplay Kevin like the women who call in.

I'm going to assume you're either young or you didn't grow up around men like that.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He is drinking Red Bull.
OK. Just wondering...

I hear him burping then it seems like his demeanor changes. Perhaps energy drinks affect certain people's behavior, but at the same token, maybe his callers annoy him because he does lose patience with them often.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you're clearly insecure look at how you responded lol. Like the women who call his show. Now Kev is "judging" the black community.

Sure, my dude. He judges the Black community all the time.

Does he not consistently throw in Black women’s faces what their counterparts are doing?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
who isn't a millionaire. lol Like I said you're insecurities are leaking on your key board. Now you are trying to downplay Kevin like the women who call in.

I'm going to assume you're either young or you didn't grow up around men like that.

Are you a millionaire? Is Kevin a millionaire?

Without Youtube donations, what exactly what your daddy Kev be doing to make money?

Maybe back at the mall trying to make cologne recommendations?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
this website :mjlol:

10 million is nothing to brag about but ya'll hang on every word of a cat who sits in his living room ruminating about aint shyt delusional bytches for 3 hours and gets sassy when he doesn't get donations. Thread is GOAT entertainment :mjlol:

this is the final evolution of the 6 figure, 6 cert, 6 pack meme isn't it? we moving to 7s in 2021 :takedat: