Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
There really isn't a disagreement, you and your friends represent outliers. He is discussing base rates. To provide greater perspective:

Black-Weekly-Wages-by-Education-Table.png

And these numbers don't take into consideration debt and COL.

Again, I agree at a fundamental level that Black women’s expectations should be tempered.

What I don’t agree with is pushing a message to younger Black women (and younger Black men by extension) that most men don’t reach HV status until their 40s.

That’s bs. A young, Black male grad from Harvard Medical School @ 26 is definitely a HVM given his earnings trajectory. Using Kevin Samuels’ line of thinking, a lot of sistahs might begin looking over such men, thinking that only finished products like old man Kev Samuels or Dennis Sperling are their only options!

Only in the Black community are we now redefining HV as finished product. Which will likely lead to even more brothas getting plucked by non-Black women at younger ages since they understand earnings trajectory.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Again, I agree at a fundamental level that Black women’s expectations should be tempered.

What I don’t agree with is pushing a message to younger Black women (and younger Black men by extension) that most men don’t reach HV status until their 40s.

That’s bs. A young, Black male grad from Harvard Medical School @ 26 is definitely a HVM given his earnings trajectory. Using Kevin Samuels’ line of thinking, a lot of sistahs might begin looking over such men, thinking that only finished products like old man Kev Samuels or Dennis Sperling are their only options!

Only in the Black community are we now redefining HV as finished product. Which will likely lead to even more brothas getting plucked by non-Black women at younger ages since they understand earnings trajectory.

You do understand a black male Harvard med grad is an extreme rarity right?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You obviously dont listen to what KS is saying. Being a HVM isnt for everyone. Its ok to be average or not a HMV. He emphasizes this consistently. And his main message is women should stop chasing after HVM and go after men on their level or working on their way to be HVM.

Women, especially, black women want finished products. They dont want to work or build with someone. Kevin wouldnt be popular and triggered such a nerve if this wasnt the case. Go to any college campus, you will see black women are not chasing after black engineering students. But they will be the HVM of the future eventually.

That’s my point. He should move the conversation, especially when talking to younger women, toward understanding earnings trajectories.

Not simply telling them to date 50 yo dudes. Women are not simply resource driven. They are sexual beings as well. That’s why a nikka like Dennis Sperling will end up getting cheated on by that 20 yo woman. We all know it’s coming. Dude will be hitting 60 just as she’s hitting 30.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You do understand a black male Harvard med grad is an extreme rarity right?

Sure. Harvard Med is an extreme example. But, it illustrates the point that Kev’s claim that HV begins at 35 is bs.

Are Tuskegee, Howard, North Carolina A&T, Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Hampton, etc. Black male grads rare?

No.

What about giving advice to young Black women to attend NSBE conventions to network while in school?

You know, practical stuff.

Kevin’s primary advice for our young women is to date down, date an old flabby dude or die alone. While the older, delusional women need that reality check, it will lead to a defeatist mindset in our younger women.

I want to see our women win. And part of it is being more nuanced in the conversation. Unlike some of the nikkas who get a thrill out of seeing a grown man put down some of our women, I’d actually like to see our women win. Because when they win and Black men win, we all win as a community.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Sure. Harvard Med exa is an extreme example. But, it illustrates the point that Kev’s claim that HV begins at 35 is bs.

Are Tuskegee, Howard, North Carolina A&T, Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Hampton, etc. Black male grads rare?

No.

What about giving advice to young Black women to attend NSBE conventions to network while in school?

Kevin’s primary advice for our young women is to date down, date an old flabby dude or die alone. While the older, delusional women need that reality check, it will lead to a defeatist mindset in our younger women.

I want to see our women win. And part of it is being more nuanced in the conversation. Unlike some of the nikkas who get a thrill out of seeing a grow man put down some of our women, I’d actually like to see our women win. Because when they win and Black men win, we all win as a community.

Avg HBCU grad is not making six figures breh lol. And non athlete black GT grads are a rarity

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

You are bringing up outlier situations in an attempt to bolster your argument, but they still do not undermine my initial point or Kevin's that focuses on base rates/ what's probable vs the exception/improbable. His HVM guidelines are a heuristic or rule of thumb, that is not perfect, but heuristics are not supposed to be perfect or applicable all the time--social guidelines are not akin to the laws of physics.

I don't think his line of thought will lead to women overlooking such men, he has consistently criticized his callers for not copying white woman's process while in college. Stating that he only wants these chicks to look for finished products is too much of an absolute statement, and requires one to take a narrow and relatively cynical interpretation of his message.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
:russ: My curiosity will go unfulfilled
I’ll try to help you. You’d have to go back to like September or October to find that video, and that’s when he was doing videos 5 days a week, even I couldn’t watch all of those.

:russ::mjlol:

It’ll be rare that a woman who meets the standard will call into his show.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
This is not his advice at all.:gucci:
Yeah he didn’t say that. That’s what the women say that talk shyt about him.

Lmao he said countless times to women to date dudes who are good dudes and make decent income.

They don’t have to be old, but a chick’s best chance at getting a dude that wants to provide for them and have them not work is going to be older.

Most young nikkas making bread are not going to take care of their chick while she doesn’t work.

If these chicks could do better than they wouldn’t call into the show.

:manny::manny:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps

The Harvard grad would be a Henry. Not a HVM. Once he becomes a doctor he’s would be considered high value.

It’s more so about reaching your maximum potential, then picking someone to be a part of your lifestyle & amplify your legacy.

But in today’s generation and social media, a lot of women want instant gratification, therefore wanting the best of the best.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Sure. Harvard Med exa is an extreme example. But, it illustrates the point that Kev’s claim that HV begins at 35 is bs.

No.

I want to see our women win. And part of it is being more nuanced in the conversation. Unlike some of the nikkas who get a thrill out of seeing a grow man put down some of our women, I’d actually like to see our women win. Because when they win and Black men win, we all win as a community.
He never said date down though. He said date with what you are, and if a chick makes more money than a man she likes, she can be with him or she can keep searching for a man who makes what she wants and possibly be alone.

He said countless times to date men in trades. These men aren’t broke or old and flabby.

Someone posted what the black community makes, and black men earn more than black women.

So I don’t see how it’s hard for them to find a man who makes a decent wage for them to have a family.

I consider what he says to help the community because being alone doesn’t help the community grow.

These chicks will be 40+ still talking about a wanting a high value man.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

His advice is actually to date on their level, which is a man who makes 50,0000+ year. But most of these women are delusional and think they deserve a man who makes 6 figures, so they see it as dating down.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
TBH if a chick really doesn’t want to be with a man who makes less, she shouldn’t. She will belittle him and the relationship will be shyt.

The only thing these women can do is work their ass off to find the man they want because they will resent their man if he isn’t making the income they desire.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
His advice is actually to date on their level, which is a man who makes 50,0000+ year. But most of these women are delusional and think they deserve a man who makes 6 figures, so they see it as dating down.

you got folks making 30k, with a kid, in debt, out of shape wanting a six figure man.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
That’s the funny thing though. Black demographics show that black men make more money than black women.

These women are not looking hard enough for the men who make 100k+. They also might not be that man’s type as well.

All these callers call in and claim they make all this money, but most people in general do not make 100k+.

Then the c00ns say date out. I’ll say it again, I know non-black people and they do not make 100k, some don't even make 50k.

The people in the relationships both work to support their families.

The delusion has to stop.

It shouldn’t be hard for black women to find black men who make more. They can’t take care of her while she sits on her ass, but they’ll have a man who they can build with and have a family with.