Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
it actually is. He is speaking in Atlanta dollars which tends to ge 1 to 1. Dudes making 105k as new grads in SF or NYC are not actually living six figure lifestyles because that translates to 55-60k in most other markets.

i crossed six figures in my late 20s in ATL but i am an exception to the rule.

My main point here is that he is creating a defeatist mindset in our women in terms of their prospects and also in some of our young brehs who are determining their HV status based on peak earnings instead of earnings trajectory.

In the Indian community, young doctors or grads from the IITs are HVM. Point blank. All this talk about five years of earning $100k, etc. is some arbitrary stuff Kevin Samuels is pushing. You think some woman in their community is going to pass up marrying one of those guys based on that HVM bs?

I’d prefer a more nuanced discussion in our community where our women are encouraged not to just focus on a finished product (man at his peak earning potential), but to better gauge a man’s earnings trajectory and position themselves among those men, accordingly.

That’s where non-Black women are lapping our women. They know how to peep a man’s earnings trajectory based off his profession, etc. Our women don’t and end up chasing after HVM. Which are the finished products, according to Kevin’s logic.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
do you even watch the show or are you just here to debate? There have been numerous callers who are married to HVM and HENRYs and all of them said Kev is 100% right in what he is saying. A common example is The doctor lady who used to call in.
No one said their weren't. I asked for a link. :stopitslime: And no I don't spend hours a week listening to his show. I catch it here and there which is why I asked for a link. So quick to argue but provided no relevant information.

I love how you asked me all that but not the person who said it basically doesn't even happen. :deadmanny:

You're always quoting on some negative shade shyt. Can you go somewhere with that?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My main point here is that he is creating a defeatist mindset in our women in terms of their prospects and also in some of our young brehs who are determining their HV status based on peak earnings instead of earnings trajectory.

In the Indian community, young doctors or grads from the IITs are HVM. Point blank. All this talk about five years of earning $100k, etc. is some arbitrary stuff Kevin Samuels is pushing. You think some woman in their community is going to pass up marrying one of those guys based on that HVM bs?

I’d prefer a more nuanced discussion in our community where our women are encouraged not to just focus on a finished product (man at his peak earning potential), but to better gauge a man’s earnings trajectory and position themselves among those men, accordingly.

That’s where non-Black women are lapping our women. They know how to peep a man’s earnings trajectory based off his profession, etc. Our women don’t and end up chasing after HVM. Which are the finished products, according to Kevin’s logic.
Non blacks arent running competition against each other so you cant use them as a comparison.
The issue black people face are cultural due to history.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No one said their weren't. I asked for a link. :stopitslime: And no I don't spend hours a week listening to his show. I catch it here and there which is why I asked for a link. So quick to argue but provided no relevant information.

I love how you asked me all that but not the person who said it basically doesn't even happen. :deadmanny:

You're always quoting on some negative shade shyt. Can you go somewhere with that?

you’re projecting. I’m simply wondering why someone who doesnt watch something spends their time in a thread about said program always being a contrarian.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
you’re projecting. I’m simply wondering why someone who doesnt watch something spends their time in a thread about said program always being a contrarian.

I asked for a link. If you cannot provide one please keep your shady comments about what you think I do to yourself. You do this in other threads and it's getting kinda old. You don't like my opinion. Cool. Feel free to block me.

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most these black folks making 100k have negative net worths because they are drowning in debt so the salary becomes a non factor

True that!
A good friend of my is a CSR at Citi Bank and he told me about a surgeon that went to a prestigious university to become a top surgeon in his field swimming in half a million in debt. Even though he makes at least 1 million a year the bank couldn't give him a loan because of his huge school debt.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

It’s delusional. He’s going to have old nikkas like Dennis out here being served up on a platter for the wolves because they feel it’s how a man should be moving!

Most people can hide who they are for 90 days...thats just idiots. A real conniving human 6 months is light work. I mean if this is the HVM life Ill just watch ya'll rich nikkas fukk your lives up with these harlots from my middle class sideline :hubie: :lolbron:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
True that!
A good friend of my is a CSR at Citi Bank and he told me about a surgeon that went to a prestigious university to become a top surgeon in his field swimming in half a million in debt. Even though he makes at least 1 million a year the bank couldn't give him a loan because of his huge school debt.

exactly, when you get to a certain level salary is a non starter because the big dogs make their money via equity when it comes to corporate gigs

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You obviously dont listen to what KS is saying. Being a HVM isnt for everyone. Its ok to be average or not a HMV. He emphasizes this consistently. And his main message is women should stop chasing after HVM and go after men on their level or working on their way to be HVM.

Women, especially, black women want finished products. They dont want to work or build with someone. Kevin wouldnt be popular and triggered such a nerve if this wasnt the case. Go to any college campus, you will see black women are not chasing after black engineering students. But they will be the HVM of the future eventually.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
He also likes to suggest that men should be proposing in six months after meeting a woman.

No, that's advice he's giving to women not men. He's telling women that marriage minded men will know if they want to marry you by 6 months. So, if a man isn't giving you a ring by 6 months, he may not have intentions on ever marrying you.

I personally think that's too short, but seeing how many women get stuck in 5 year relationships hoping for a ring, it's not bad advice--for women.

. I just would like to see a woman that actually meets his standards speak.

He used to always have some woman named Lucia call in that met those standards.