Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
One thing he is totally off about is when men start making good money. He likes to suggest that men aren’t making long money until their 40s.

I reject that. Black men in high finance, big tech, management consulting, etc. are making that as early as late 20s. He is looking at it through the lens of the old school where a man had to work his way all the way up the ladder before making big money. I was making six figures long before 30 and a lot of my brehs were, too.

He also likes to suggest that men should be proposing in six months after meeting a woman. Maybe before all of this social media and dating apps. You have to do your homework on the women you are dealing with. Six months isn’t enough time to meet her family and closest friends. Six months isn’t enough to see how she reacts in a number of situations.

A lot of men will end up as part of another divorce statistic without learning as much about the woman as he can. It is the most important decision a man will make in his life.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
One thing he is totally off about is when men start making good money. He likes to suggest that men aren’t making long money until their 40s.

I reject that. Black men in high finance, big tech, management consulting, etc. are making that as early as late 20s. He is looking at it through the lens of the old school where a man had to work his way all the way up the ladder before making big money. I was making six figures long before 30 and a lot of my brehs were, too.

He also likes to suggest that men should be proposing in six months after meeting a woman. Maybe before all of this social media and dating apps. You have to do your homework on the women you are dealing with. Six months isn’t enough time to meet her family and closest friends. Six months isn’t enough to see how she reacts in a number of situations.

A lot of men will end up as part of another divorce statistic without learning as much about the woman as he can. It is the most important decision a man will make in his life.
Most 20 year olds are NOT making six figs, plus they need to be making it for at least 5 years.

Sounds like you need to watch more videos

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
He seems to box against low hangers

Is there a video where a woman intellectually challenges him:patrice:
There is nothing to challenge him on. It's just his opinion. Unless a woman meets his specific criteria to a T her life can be picked apart and she can be told she can't have XYZ.

I would like to see a video where a single woman calls in that meets his standards.

Daps
There is nothing to challenge him on. It's just his opinion. Unless a woman meets his specific criteria to a T her life can be picked apart and she can be told she can't have XYZ.

I would like to see a video where a single woman calls in that meets his standards.

I don’t think it’ll happen for 2 reasons:
1) most women who want a HVM and can get one, have one, so no need to call in
2) if one were to slip through, he’d funnel her to his matchmaking business and send her to a HVM.

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps

I think the argument is that men don't reach their peak income at a young age. I'm in my late 30s and made 6 figs last year. I'm projected to make even more this year and that's not even my peak earning potential. Most, if not all women have they're peak beauty moments in their 20s. I always ask myself, would I want to fukk 50 year old Halle Berry or 20 year old Halle Berry. The answer is always the 20 year old. In contrast, I'd imagine if you asked most women if they wanted to date 20 year old Jay Z or 50 year old Jay Z, they would choose 50 year old since he has more money, status etc... Men and women aren't measured by the same standards.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think it’ll happen for 2 reasons:
1) most women who want a HVM and can get one, have one, so no need to call in
2) if one were to slip through, he’d funnel her to his matchmaking business and send her to a HVM.

You should probably show success at some point. If everyone who calls in "isn't good enough" it makes it seem like the "goal" is unachievable. Even products have testimonials. And house wives and single women dating have time for a 10 minute phone call. These same women will listen to his shows for hours every night. Come on now.

If one "slipped through" he could easily have her call in and be an example. Why would he hide her away? He could have her on the show and have her join his service.

Daps
You should probably show success at some point. If everyone who calls in "isn't good enough" it makes it seem like the "goal" is unachievable. Even products have testimonials. And house wives and single women dating have time for a 10 minute phone call. These same women will listen to his shows for hours every night. Come on now.

If one "slipped through" he could easily have her call in and be an example. Why would he hide her away? He could have her on the show and have her join his service.

Again, what’s the point of the woman who fits what he’s saying to a T calling in? If his theory is that women who do these things get married, why is that married woman gonna call in?

“Hey Kev! I’m submissive, fit, feminine, had 0 kids, and got married to a 35 year old HVM when I was 23.” What’s the point of the call? She doesn’t need advice, she won. And he posts success stories on his IG.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Again, what’s the point of the woman who fits what he’s saying to a T calling in? If his theory is that women who do these things get married, why is that married woman gonna call in?

“Hey Kev! I’m submissive, fit, feminine, had 0 kids, and got married to a 35 year old HVM when I was 23.” What’s the point of the call? She doesn’t need advice, she won. And he posts success stories on his IG.

The same reason they listen to the show because they enjoy the content and also to be a testimonial to his advice. So people who live a lifestyle and listen to content (which is hours long almost daily) are now too busy? The logic doesn't make since. The President of the United Stated lived on Twitter but these women are too busy to call in and have a conversation?

How would a conversation with a person who lives the exact lifestyle of the subject matter be outrages actually? They could talk about how they met their husband or what their role is in their household? How is that so offhand? Why is their opinion not valid?

Anyway I have no interest in arguing with you about this. I just would like to see a woman that actually meets his standards speak.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

I disagree with you on this one, he is actually right. People in white-collar professions generally don't start making six figures until their mid 30's, most "associate" level jobs outside the major metros are going to be paying folks 65-90k for a couple of years before they start obtaining promotions. For example in law, if you are not at a big firm you are not seeing 100k+ until your mid 30's. Further, he does talk about differences in COL impacting the 100k ATL benchmark, so if you live in a Tier 1 City that means you need to be making at least 150k. But I do acknowledge that there are outliers, but he talks in generalities/base rates, and in that case, he is correct.

The weakest point he consistently makes is the argument about the percentage of Black men that are in the middle class, I've tried to find stats co-signing that argument and I haven't found anything.

Daps
The same reason they listen to the show because they enjoy the content and also to be a testimonial to his advice. So people who live a lifestyle and listen to content (which is hours long almost daily) are now too busy? The logic doesn't make since. The President of the United Stated lived on Twitter but these women are too busy to call in and have a conversation?

How would a conversation with a person who lives the exact lifestyle of the subject matter be outrages actually? They could talk about how they met their husband or what their role is in their household? How is that so offhand? Why is their opinion not valid?

Anyway I have no interest in arguing with you about this. I just would like to see a woman that actually meets his standards speak.

It’s not really an argument. His show isn’t really built around testimonials. The calls consist of a woman calling in asking about HVM and how she thinks she should qualify for one. And then him digging into her background and finding out she has kids, herpes, mountain of debt, and is 43. Then her doubling down and ignoring what he’s saying. Those clips are more likely to go viral and put more eyes on him, than a happy house wife calling in and saying he’s 100% right.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Most 20 year olds are NOT making six figs, plus they need to be making it for at least 5 years.

Sounds like you need to watch more videos

I’ve listened to his content. Yes. Most aren’t. But a lot are. Again, he is thinking about career trajectories from his own experience and generalizing.

To tell young Black women who are actually getting it that men will not make that type of money until their 40s is not accurate.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think the argument is that men don't reach their peak income at a young age. I'm in my late 30s and made 6 figs last year. I'm projected to make even more this year and that's not even my peak earning potential. Most, if not all women have they're peak beauty moments in their 20s. I always ask myself, would I want to fukk 50 year old Halle Berry or 20 year old Halle Berry. The answer is always the 20 year old. In contrast, I'd imagine if you asked most women if they wanted to date 20 year old Jay Z or 50 year old Jay Z, they would choose 50 year old since he has more money, status etc... Men and women aren't measured by the same standards.

Yes. Peak is a different story. No man is ever going to make peak in his 20s. That’s ridiculous.

And I don’t think most women are asking for that. They are thinking about a man’s earning potential down the line.

They are not going to have all five kids at one time, for example.