Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Also, I am not interested in having a stay at home wife, kept woman or sugar baby. I don’t believe that being someone’s plantation mule makes someone a man. If men feel that it does, then cool. I lean more towards the earn your keep type of lifestyle. I may make a good living, but I do physical work! I am too old to toil at work almost everyday until I retire!.

:picard: My god. Is that really how you think it goes?

Meanwhile, he talking about cutting his hours this year. You might not realize how much you can save in this set up. We managed to do this in Manhattan. :usure:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I thought she was mid 20’s too

giphy.gif

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ: We agree, but we network with people like us in that way.

Kevin is a first gen to money from Oklahoma. There will be some unseemly enthusiasm. :beli: The men i know like him tend to marry very career focused bw and then get shocked when they care more about their careers than their marriages. But that's why you picked her, though. :francis:

I agree. Like you said, those men picked their poison. I just believe that men and women can help each bother achieve a more affluent lifestyle.

For myself, I prefer it to be where I work and she works. Even if one person works from home. Two incomes is more feasible for most people.

KS has stated that he caters to a specific demographic which is cool. I also have no problem with women wanting men from that demographic.

But, I also believe that women who want to live that highlife need to be groomed into said lifestyle when they are young or fresh out of college.

However, to be my age or slightly younger than myself expecting someone like myself to just give them a rare lifestyle? Nah! Very unrealistic and tbh is off putting! I can do bad by myself!

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I just believe that men and women can help each bother achieve a more affluent lifestyle.
I rarely see this work, for several reasons.

1. Married working women tend to outspend their salaries.

2. Childcare costs.

3. Attitude. Do you want a cooperative woman? Women who have to compete with men for paychecks often can't turn that off.

Just what i seen. :yeshrug:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:russ: We agree, but we network with people like us in that way.

Kevin is a first gen to money from Oklahoma. There will be some unseemly enthusiasm. :beli: The men i know like him tend to marry very career focused bw and then get shocked when they care more about their careers than their marriages. But that's why you picked her, though. :francis:

Yeah he mentioned that his wives were a disagreeable lawyer and then a free spirit who already had a kid. The heuristics/rules of thumb he provides in determining a HVW are good but seemingly incomplete.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Yeah he mentioned that his wives were a disagreeable lawyer and then a free spirit who already had a kid. The heuristics/rules of thumb he provides in determining a HVW are good but seemingly incomplete.
I think this is bc he's forced to spend an inordinate amount of time on the basics, ie, 'don't be fat! :what:'

But he had a rant about dinner parties once, where he explained that you absolutely have to be more than nice to look at, that there's a whole other skill set that a hvm requires, like knowing how to throw a dinner party. :ld:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. Like you said, those men picked their poison. I just believe that men and women can help each bother achieve a more affluent lifestyle.

For myself, I prefer it to be where I work and she works. Even if one person works from home. Two incomes is more feasible for most people.

KS has stated that he caters to a specific demographic which is cool. I also have no problem with women wanting men from that demographic.

But, I also believe that women who want to live that highlife need to be groomed into said lifestyle when they are young or fresh out of college.

However, to be my age or slightly younger than myself expecting someone like myself to just give them a rare lifestyle? Nah! Very unrealistic and tbh is off putting! I can do bad by myself!

IMO Best Majors if you just gotta have a women with a degree is Education with emphasis in Math or a Science or accounting. These are all skills that will either directly benefit your children so she can home school and so she can manage the business you create for the family. Dudes who think stay at home mothers dont do anything typically aren't HVM and are involving themselves in a convo they dont qualify for lol.

Homeschooling kid, running a Philanthropy org that benefits YOUR NAME AND LEGACY AS A MAN, and or a family business ON TOP of managing the home is a career that you cant put a price on. This is the issue with Non HVM trying to include themselves in HVM convos, they have no vision of what their legacy will be and how to create the framework for it, this is why Kevin says it is bigger than a salary. You cant pass your job down to your kids

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I think this is bc he's forced to spend an inordinate amount of time on the basics, ie, 'don't be fat! :what:'

But he had a rant about dinner parties once, where he explained that you absolutely have to be more than nice to look at, that there's a whole other skill set that a hvm requires, like knowing how to throw a dinner party. :ld:

Right the dinner party is evidence of cultural capital, ALOT of Black female professionals from working class backgrounds don't have cultural capital and not having it is a liability for HVM. You either need have been trained by your parents, your private school, done it own your own time/dime, or have a HVM invest in helping you secure the cultural capital.

Being highly agreeable and having social and cultural capital goes a long way, but for too many men they don't have those factors in their assessment toolkit.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Being highly agreeable and having social and cultural capital goes a long way, but for too many men they don't have those factors in their assessment toolkit.
I know, to the point they don't even recognize it.

Every single employer he's had, upon meeting me, offers me a job :gucci:, we decline, and he's put on a faster track. True story.

I should start a school. :pachaha:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
CB5-C91-FA-6-A5-D-4225-B831-72-AD5764608-A.jpg

This is how you lose her lol

At least act like you’ve been in this place with a good looking woman before.
Very true...he seems desperate and that she is above him (and she maybe). If u punching above ur weight...u can't act like it, can be an instant pusse dryer.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
:mjlol: Again, the women calling in are not real candidates. They were never gonna get the job.

Also, again, my man is a hvm (finance), we been together 20 yrs, and i haven't worked outside the home in decades. I bust my ass inside the home. I literally just received a new sewing machine, to make curtains and dog clothes. I build things. I just made a damn cake. :skip:And im not at all unusual for a homemaker.

Don't look to single mothers in the job market for 20 yrs to tell you what a sahw does.:what: That's why Kevin be having to school them, bc they're completely ignorant, not just on the job, but on the employer.

Yes. You're the type of woman most HVM men want as a SAHW. You understand that being a housewife is real work. You understand that the work you do creates a place of peace your husband can retreat to after being out there in the world getting money for the family.

These other lazy women just want to sit on their asses and do nothing.

They think their little desk job is more work than what a legit SAHW does. Which is why they are usually in for a rude awakening.

Salute to you and your guy for keeping it going for 20 years. :obama:

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
"Back"? Never been. Ive been offered well paying jobs but he's always preferred to keep me home.

I already help manage our investments, but I'm not really the type to get bored. When i get bored, i learn a new skill that will help the household. I recently learned how to drywall. Next up, lace repair (some vintage pieces were torn in enthusiasm).

He wants to send me to law school, but i have some personal accomplishment stuff to do first.

:wow:

Damn. Finance breh is winning. Find a good woman like this and lock her down, brehs.

Most women just want to spend the money coming in, not grow the shyt.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I rarely see this work, for several reasons.

1. Married working women tend to outspend their salaries.

2. Childcare costs.

3. Attitude. Do you want a cooperative woman? Women who have to compete with men for paychecks often can't turn that off.

Just what i seen. :yeshrug:

#2 is no joke. I know some couples that are paying some wild childcare costs.

I also agree with #1 and #3. Especially #3. Depending on the woman's profession, she will have a hard time switching into her feminine side.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I know, to the point they don't even recognize it.

Every single employer he's had, upon meeting me, offers me a job :gucci:, we decline, and he's put on a faster track. True story.

I should start a school. :pachaha:

You talk a good game.:usure:

Ive always been against stay at home wives just because most women get bored eventually. I would always prefer if I get married for my wife to at least have a part time job even if its 12 hours a week. Unless she has a self business or something. With that said if theres kids involved I would def want her to be home but if its just us I would def need convincing how it would be more efficient for her to be at home. But then again im used to living alone.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You talk a good game.:usure:

Ive always been against stay at home wives just because most women get bored eventually. I would always prefer if I get married for my wife to at least have a part time job even if its 12 hours a week. Unless she has a self business or something. With that said if theres kids involved I would def want her to be home but if its just us I would def need convincing how it would be more efficient for her to be at home. But then again im used to living alone.

its your job to keep her productive.