Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
I had a few conversations with women on Cynthia G’s channel. Not all feel a high value man needs to make six figures. It encompasses more than that. They are referring to things like protection and to be taken care of etc., but also Black men as a collective doing better. So for example, creating our own distribution channels and a strong hold economy. With this I do agree with them. And with that being said, I am above the average income.

Now let’s look at the facts.

(Joint Economic Committee, The State of Economic Progress for Black Americans
Martin Luther King Day 2020, Jec.senate.gov)

Ignoring the above is only fooling ourselves.

Nah it’s the same ole “black men” need to do better angle. Black people are financially illiterate.

Black family may only have 17k in wealth but the net worth of black single women is $5

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Is this your opinion, or what you got out of having conversations with many Black women? And how do you feel the average Black men is doing? See, both sexes think they are without blame and are flawless.

Report Sheds Grim Details on Black Women's Net Worth

Examining the Black-white wealth gap

Iv noticed it in my own life and watching this show over the past few months I'm seeing the conversation and it's confirming some things

As for black men, me included I feel like in general we may hold women to a standard that is hard to achieve too looks wise , sex wise , etc . As a whole both side need to pick better. We not Michael B Jordan and Lori Harvey or Ciara and Russell Wilson . Most of us are just normal

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Some of these women will get with regular men making 40-60k and then they resent the men when they realize these men can't take care of them the way they wanna be taken care of. Seen that shyt in my own family. Everyday they wake up and realize they gotta work and nothing will change, ends up leading to resentment. Then you get the whole "I need to upgrade" talk.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Some of these women will get with regular men making 40-60k and then they resent the men when they realize these men can't take care of them the way they wanna be taken care of. Seen that shyt in my own family. Everyday they wake up and realize they gotta work and nothing will change, ends up leading to resentment. Then you get the whole "I need to upgrade" talk.

They want an upper middle class lifestyle when most Black couples usually can only afford a working class lifestyle, especially in Tier 1 cities. I think both Black men and woman don't fully comprehend the costs of an upper middle class lifestyle, but the disconnect manifests itself differently with woman.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
They want an upper middle class lifestyle when most Black couples usually can only afford a working class lifestyle, especially in Tier 1 cities. I think both Black men and woman don't fully comprehend the costs of an upper middle class lifestyle, but the disconnect manifests itself differently with woman.

They want late-model luxury vehicles, $500k house, multiple vacations per year (and various weekend getaways), regular date nights at expensive restaurants, gifts, etc.

That's not even factoring in kids.

They would prefer not to work.

As a man, you'd have to be making major bread to support all that in a T1 city.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kevin Samuels intentions is noble. His goal, at least from what I gathered, is that he wants to see Black people marry each other.

His targeted demographic may be HVM, but at the end of the day, he wants to see the Black marriage rates go up.

I have noticed that a lot of his women listeners have communication issues. Many of them struggle with open/closed ended questions, tend to dodge or deflect on certain questions and a few outright attempt to talk over him or attempt to argue with him. I can understand why he gets impatient and responds to them a certain way.

Lastly, I understand that the majority of these women want to live a certain lifestyle and don't wanna struggle being married and raising kids, but I do think that their expectations are unrealistic. Many of them want a man to make a certain amount of money that very few men make, especially during these times, and many of them simply do no display the credentials to get said men.

Either these women learn to get with men who makes a decent/modest living or end up being alone! It is on them!