Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You misunderstand my point. Giving temporary custody to an ex husband is different than leaving them with a bd. Afaik, the plan is usually to catch a new husband, get a little couple time, and then bring then kids in.

The only person i knew to ever do it married a guy who built her a new house and was perfectly receptive to her kids.

Im personally not sure how i feel about it, but as far as strategy goes, not a bad one.
Nah I think that's still terrible
I'd be pissed as hell if my parents changed my life for their new nikka/woman

Change is going to come, but to push me out the house...thats fukked up imo

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Change is going to come, but to push me out the house...thats fukked up imo
Parents getting divorced, change is coming regardless.

If you grew up middle class, where it matters if ppl married, it might make more sense. I grew up in the hood, hence my slight concern. My mother was raised to not bring a new man over her kids either way, so...

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Kevin always mentioned the octane model, but I had never checked out dudes videos until recently, dude broke down Black class straddlers perfectly. One of the main "tells" of the "natural 92's" or multigenerational upper middle-class Black woman is that they are generally highly agreeable, avoid public confrontation, and avoid petty arguments. However, even though they can be high maintenance, passive aggressive, and elitist at times they generally won't engage in petty verbal sparring the way Black female straddlers do.

Daps
This nikka told a woman to give up custody of her kids to her baby daddy to find a husband:gucci:

LOL, This guy is old as fukk and his views are outdated. He does have some accurate points( explains his following tbh), but other times he comes across as a senile boomer lol. Nobody should take EVERYTHING he says as gospel.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Parents getting divorced, change is coming regardless.

If you grew up middle class, where it matters if ppl married, it might make more sense. I grew up in the hood, hence my slight concern. My mother was raised to not bring a new man over her kids either way, so...
Yeah but your first responsibility should always be to your kids, not trying to find a new spouse

Daps
Yeah but your first responsibility should always be to your kids, not trying to find a new spousd

Kevin's views fit in the 1960s/1970s. When my grandfather died, my grandma gave my mom away(she was the only child) to his family and got remarried. She didn't have much of a choice cuz it was 1962. Anyways, kevin didn't just get this advice out of nowhere that was a normal thing to do a long time ago. His views are definitely outdated tho. :mjlol:

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Kevin's views fit in the 1960s/1970s. When my grandfather died, my grandma gave my mom away(she was the only child) to his family and got remarried. She didn't have much of a choice cuz it was 1962. Anyways, kevin didn't just get this advice out of nowhere that was a normal thing to do a long time ago. His views are definitely outdated tho. :mjlol:
:ohhh:
My uncles mom gave him away cuz she couldn't take care of him and she already had other kids
I dont have the details on why

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Yeah but your first responsibility should always be to your kids, not trying to find a new spouse
Some ppl feel like they OWE their kids at least one complete household.

Anyways, kevin didn't just get this advice out of nowhere that was a normal thing to do a long time ago. His views are definitely outdated tho.
Intact families are outdated now?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
. I just simply stated that Kevin's advice to the single mother was outdates because that is what folks in the 60/70s used to do.
:gucci: Did humanity fundamentally change in the 60s/ 70s? Do we no longer eat food? Did we grow wings?

Nothing about the needs of children has changed since the 60s; we've simply lost the dedication of their parents. I can't blame women for wanting to provide a father figure. Imo, thats better than "Im the mama and the daddy!"

Daps
:gucci: Did humanity fundamentally change in the 60s/ 70s? Do we no longer eat food? Did we grow wings?

Nothing about the needs of children has changed since the 60s; we've simply lost the dedication of their parents. I can't blame women for wanting to provide a father figure. Imo, thats better than "Im the mama and the daddy!"

Uhm, I don't know what you are going on about, but a mother abandoning their child to another man or his family, and leaving to go start a family with another man( as what occured back then) is absolutely damaging and in the end it just hurts the child of the separated parents.

Kevin's advice(as I read it) was not providing a father figure to the child but as actually just treating children as baggage. Mind you, Kevin's advice is in the best interest of men, as it was in the 60s as well. That time for women was not great and not worth romanticizing.