Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Daps
:ohhh:
My uncles mom gave him away cuz she couldn't take care of him and she already had other kids
I dont have the details on why

Yeah maybe it's the same case as well. Lots of children back then were also sent to orphanages etc, if the father was absent or dead and the mother wanted to get remarried. Also, this wasn't solely the mothers decision, but back then, it was great shame to be a single mother. Even if it was no fault of their own. I'm not surprised Kevin has that hatred towards single mothers he definitely grew up in a conservative era where single motherhood was seen as shameful.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Nope. The advice to a single mother to give custody of her children to the father for the sole purpose to get remarried is definitely outdated.
Based on what? Single parent houses holds are destroying the black community but somehow KS’s advice is outdated?
Seems like your reasoning is outdated

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Uhm, I don't know what you are going on about, but a mother abandoning their child to another man or his family, and leaving to go start a family with another man( as what occured back then) is absolutely damaging and in the end it just hurts the child of the separated parents.

Kevin's advice(as I read it) was not providing a father figure to the child but as actually just treating children as baggage. Mind you, Kevin's advice is in the best interest of men, as it was in the 60s as well. That time for women was not great and not worth romanticizing.

no it isn’t

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:gucci: Did humanity fundamentally change in the 60s/ 70s? Do we no longer eat food? Did we grow wings?

Nothing about the needs of children has changed since the 60s; we've simply lost the dedication of their parents. I can't blame women for wanting to provide a father figure. Imo, thats better than "Im the mama and the daddy!"
Yes.

Women can own bank accounts now, and have more rights in general

:mjlol:
Sad that I have to explain why giving away custody of your kids so you can find someone else to play house with after failing the first time is a bad look

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Uhm, I don't know what you are going on about, but a mother abandoning their child to another man or his family, and leaving to go start a family with another man( as what occured back then) is absolutely damaging and in the end it just hurts the child of the separated parents.

Kevin's advice(as I read it) was not providing a father figure to the child but as actually just treating children as baggage. Mind you, Kevin's advice is in the best interest of men, as it was in the 60s as well. That time for women was not great and not worth romanticizing.

Yes.

Women can own bank accounts now, and have more rights in general

:mjlol:
Sad that I have to explain why giving away custody of your kids so you can find someone else to play house with after failing the first time is a bad look

He said it’s not fair to expect a man to take on the expense of a woman with a child from another man who is still alive and able to provide.

It’s not blanket advice for all single mothers, only those whose priority is finding a man to support them financially

And iirc its just the boys he recommends sending to live with the father which is a good look any way. Women with daughters he’s advised they stay single till the daughter is out the house

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
He said it’s not fair to expect a man to take on the expense of a woman with a child from another man who is still alive and able to provide.

It’s not blanket advice for all single mothers, only those whose priority is finding a man to support them financially

And iirc its just the boys he recommends sending to live with the father which is a good look any way. Women with daughters he’s advised they stay single till the daughter is out the house
Bruh we disagree

That's fine

I think its scumbag shyt

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Yeah maybe it's the same case as well. Lots of children back then were also sent to orphanages etc, if the father was absent or dead and the mother wanted to get remarried. Also, this wasn't solely the mothers decision, but back then, it was great shame to be a single mother. Even if it was no fault of their own. I'm not surprised Kevin has that hatred towards single mothers he definitely grew up in a conservative era where single motherhood was seen as shameful.
Single motherhood is seen as shameful in Every era.
shyt not any less shameful just because its the norm.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City

Remember when C Boogie used to sit on panels and hold his tongue while his Godfather Obsidian was full Red Pill Rage/BFF mode? He's gone full Derrick Jaxn mode trying to pretend he wasn't part of the problem. He stays taking shots at the people who he looked up to, of course he'll delete this one afterwards too.

Last edited: