KEVIN GATES-BLACK LIVES DONT MATTER

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Awareness is just that. It tries to make people aware of what's happenining. Just like cancer awareness,. We know its out there, we don't have a solution for it yet, but its still important to let inform people that its still a problem so we don't forget.

Black people have discussions on all kinds of topics. Police brutality is just one of many subjects that we discuss.

Statistics show violent crime in the black community has declined since the 90's, so black people have actually done SOMETHING about it. :manny: Why do people continue to disregard athletes and entertainers who have programs to keep kids off the street? Ex gang members trying to inform the youth on the dangers of being in gangs? Churches who constantly bring awareness to violence in their community? We comepletly gloss over that to somehow act like black people are doing absolutely nothing at all? Most black people don't even kill each other.

We just just can't stop people from killing people at all. The crime rate has to be 0 for us to FINALLY talk about police brutality?

Black people never claimed to be perfect and but we should all at the very least have the people who claim to "protect and serve" us not get away with brutilizing and killing people and suffering no consequences for it. :yeshrug:
I'm about to respond and then take my butt to bed..lol

Violence across the board has gone done since the 90s but here is something that I found alarming last I checked; the US is like 77% white and 13% white, yet whites only accounted for 500 more murders than blacks with black on black being around 90% of the total. That's bad, but I digress.

Nowhere did I say that it had to be a crime rate of 0 and anything about us needing to being perfect. I clearly stated that I hope ALL issues in the black community be discussed proportionately. But again, I ask, what's next. Police brutality among minorities is being broadcast everywhere on the news. A cop can't sneeze without somebody ready to pull out their phones. Where do we go from here?

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I'm about to respond and then take my butt to bed..lol

Violence across the board has gone done since the 90s but here is something that I found alarming last I checked; the US is like 77% white and 13% white, yet whites only accounted for 500 more murders than blacks with black on black being around 90% of the total. That's bad, but I digress.

Nowhere did I say that it had to be a crime rate of 0 and anything about us needing to being perfect. I clearly stated that I hope ALL issues in the black community be discussed proportionately. But again, I ask, what's next. Police brutality among minorities is being broadcast everywhere on the news. A cop can't sneeze without somebody ready to pull out their phones. Where do we go from here?
There have been small changes that has happened since all this police brutality talk has taken place. Body cameras, police reinvestigating how they train police, police officers getting fired for racist comments said on social media, etc. again very SMALL but at least something moving forward.

The problem is that black people are not only fighting a system designed against us but fighting the internal racist mind of most Americans. The truth is you can't force people to change their behavior but I still think its important to teach our young people to not let people continue to walk all over you and be silent about it.

The biggest change I'm seeing with all this awareness is it's actually bringing a lot of black people closer to together because the more these stories gain traction and the more black people visually see the hateful response from the general public to black people and how some of them REALLY think about black people it then makes black people understand even more the climate we live in and learn to love other black people and take pride in being black through all the hate they recieve. :ehh:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
damn explain bruh I see you from the n.o do a lot of Louisiana people feel like that I thought he got love out there
people who really know don't fukk with gates tbh they know he's a clown and a fraud. n.o. not really different from other places, you will get exposed.radio stations,clubs,etc gone pump up his music cause he hot in the streets. but dude really aint talking bout nothing and he dry snitching on every song. not to mention hes' been called out by numerous ex affiliates such as managers,promoters,crew members, its iffy with gates.