KEVIN GATES-BLACK LIVES DONT MATTER

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
police target anybody that dresses a certain way, regarless of race. i've been stopped, searched & patted down by cops plenty of times cause of the way i dress.

You're arabic though. So its probably cause they assume you're a "terrorist".

But lets not pretend like black people aint getting it the worst simply because america was built on the principles of white supremacy and anti-blackness.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Please check the rhetoric. This song does not apply
Gates doubled down on the nigg -er
Difference between the nigg -er and the nigg -ga :no:
He is Rican, he don't understand.

MLK was considered a -er
X was considered a -er
I am considered a -er

Nigg-er was givin to me at birth by the racist society that we live in, and I will not embrace the term. In fact I would knock the head off anyone who calls me Nigg-er.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
There is a huge difference. Not one self respecting African American will call themselves a nigg-er.

Nigg-a, on the other hand has its debates amongst our African American culture

And this statement does not reflect my opinion, I am stating a fact.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
There is a huge difference. Not one self respecting African American will call themselves a nigg-er.

Nigg-a, on the other hand has its debates amongst our African American culture

And this statement does not reflect my opinion, I am stating a fact.
:comeon:The a derives from the er. It's the same word no matter how it's used. No matter what spin anyone puts on it to justify its use that's the fact of the matter. I don't use either one. Ok, I use the er when trolling. I love the reaction it brings. I'm immune to its use though. But back in the day it used to be like Kryptonite.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:comeon:The a derives from the er. It's the same word no matter how it's used. No matter what spin anyone puts on it to justify its use that's the fact of the matter. I don't use either one. Ok, I use the er when trolling. I love the reaction it brings. I'm immune to its use though. But back in the day it used to be like Kryptonite.
I've never mentioned my opinion on the word -ga.
This thread is not about that word. This thread is about a Putero Rican who has no concept of the word -er.

He is not apart of the culture nor will he ever be

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
He didn't say "black lives don't matter", he did say some lightweight c00n shyt though. I know where he's coming from but it's disappointing that he would use his celebrity to undermine a message that needs repeating... the BLM movement itself is problematic but the message is not.

At the end of the day we're all products of our environments, he most likely had or has a lot of people around him who put him at risk of catching another case/strike and he's expressing the fact that he's trying very hard to distance himself from that. When his kids begin to come of age though I'm sure he'll see it differently... It don't really matter if you're raising your (black) children in the burbs or the jects, they're the de facto targets of our legal system.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Here are the cops involved in Freddie Gray's death. Explain to me how race works in this situation. Or wouldn't be better to look at this issue from a different perspective?
MURDER-CHARGES-may-be-dropped-for-freddie-gray-cops.jpg
Do you not understand the concept of a house negro?

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Kevin Gates says what he wants cuz his fans like him to be the type to say whatever he wants...but this is just dumb as fukk...he may have committed that career wise with his yapper this time:jbhmm:

(But we all know his fan base is filled with rebelling young cacs:beli:)