Kevin Durant willing to pass on MAX DEAL

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Here's a little sports/business-marketing 101:

If you take less money upfront to give your team a chance to win multiple championships, should your team actually win....you make all that money back and then some, on the backend via sponsorships, endorsements, etc.

Yes, it's a gamble, but corporations would much rather pay a championship winning athlete than an athlete who ain't winning chips.

Not saying you need to be a champion to be in commercials, but I am saying the bread is much better if you are.
Word to Karl Malone.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He already passed on a max deal and took less money to go there in the first place. He's not gonna find a better money/teammates balance elsewhere. So I'm not really sure what is noteworthy about this. I just came in for the :umad: and intellectual dishonesty/hypocrisy. Wasn't disappointed :ehh:.

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'd guess the endorsements/exposure that come from being on a winning team outweighs whatever salary cut he's taking.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
huh????

he has a bron like deal?

Kevin Durant has made 133 million from the nba. He got a Nike brand. Also reuppes with Nike for 300 million. His next max contract is 200 million. That's 633 million. Before 40. Before he dies he would have earned a billly

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Yall act like y'all don't get it at times.

Kobe already set his legacy in LA. He was worth it in the end right?
Melo took the max while already forcing the team to gut the roster to acquire him.
KD probably just wanted out of OKC period, he saw GSW as his best shot at a championship whether that makes him competitive or not is semantics

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Kevin Durant has made 133 million from the nba. He got a Nike brand. Also reuppes with Nike for 300 million. His next max contract is 200 million. That's 633 million. Before 40. Before he dies he would have earned a billly

Taxes be like

13068520-woman-in-zebra-print-lingerie-and-boots-with-zebra.jpg

[EDDY] HALF [/Murphy]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont believe it...until i see it....

and steph not taking a paycut either.....

he's set to get the most expensive nba contract of all time

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
make the gm pay the tax you stupid mutherfukkers.....where did these clowns get the notion that it's on them to take the pay cut and not the billionaire owners??

fuvkin pathetic. they literally putting millions of extra dollars into billionaire's pockets at their own expense.

bunch of fatherless fakkits. no respect for this fukkshyt....
:snoop:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's a little sports/business-marketing 101:

If you take less money upfront to give your team a chance to win multiple championships, should your team actually win....you make all that money back and then some, on the backend via sponsorships, endorsements, etc.

Yes, it's a gamble, but corporations would much rather pay a championship winning athlete than an athlete who ain't winning chips.

Not saying you need to be a champion to be in commercials, but I am saying the bread is much better if you are.

True

More rings, equals more money :ehh:

Word to Jordan, Magic, Shaq, and Lebron:ehh:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course he is...

nikkas talking money have zero clue what the money men in their camp are doing.

ok KD takes the max... steph takes the max... the warriors get broken up when Klay and Dray want the max too... they have 2-3 rings in the next few years and spend the next 10 getting 0 while some other kid is taking less and winning rings

OR

they all take a little less... stay together 3-5 more years... win 3-5 more rings (cause who the hell gonna beat them consistently) and they are a dynasty... 5 years of being the faces of the NBA with the rings to prove it.. merch goes up.. worldwide recognition goes up... endorsements go up... they start getting compared to MJ and will they catch kobe and magic in rings...

which leads to WAY more money than signing a max for a team that ain't winning multiple rings

you talking about nikkas with 250 mil plus shoe deals alone.. what you think that number goes up to with 4 rings?

y'all not seeing the long game here

Yep

More rings equals more money

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
what a loser. take your money dumbass.

when the hell did the best player on a team have to take a paycuts so the bench nikkas could get max deals?

this new NBA LeBron has created is pathetic.
Stop blaming LeBron for other nikkas choices. He ain't his daddy breh.