Kevin Durant willing to pass on MAX DEAL

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
probably yes, it's just not analyzed and discussed or presented in this manner

if these dudes are willing to take paycuts, what makes you think the dudes signing their checks arent willing to take pay cuts :heh:

just speaking objectively :ehh: KD can do whatever the fukk he wants, he's set for life 20 times over so what do i look like watching his pockets
is that why the BRI dropped from 60 to 50 :heh:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
i dont think it matters at all :ehh:

i mean where the fukk is he gonna go, the cavs? :deadjay: why would it change whether they won or lost. these fukkin teams are just gonna see each other in a year again

Lol, true but I'm thinking from the franchise and Durant's standpoint. You lose the championship two years in a row as the best team statistically all-season and you kind of get antsy. You have to pay Curry his bread. Also, I'm sure the paycut we're talking about isn't some astronomical amount either. Durant's not a dummy. But if you're Lacob, do you want to pay all that money in luxury tax to finish in second place?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjgrin: Mr. "If I'm talking, you should listen, game is free, okay?

:mjgrin:

If you're a NBA player your ONLY goal should be to lock in a max six year contract. Anything else is for the birds.

Giving up free money to win a championship you may never see. Ask David West and Mike Bibby if they miss the tens of millions of dollars they gave up ring chasing.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you're a NBA player your ONLY goal should be to lock in a max six year contract. Anything else is for the birds.

Giving up free money to win a championship you may never see. Ask David West and Mike Bibby if they miss the tens of millions of dollars they gave up ring chasing.

:wow: I agree, breh.

:mjgrin::mjgrin: fukk I look caring about a championship when I can have hundreds of millions of dollars.

:mjgrin::mjgrin: If I was given a choice to either have a long 20-22 season career with 0 injuries and every year I win MVP, FMVP, and the chip or be the highest paid athlete every single year, 10 out of 10 times I'm going with the money.

:mjgrin:It's still fukk KD!

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
what a loser. take your money dumbass.

when the hell did the best player on a team have to take a paycuts so the bench nikkas could get max deals?

this new NBA LeBron has created is pathetic.

What bench player on the Warriors is going to get a max deal? :russ:

Y'all didn't even read the article.

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
He came to the Warriors to make things easier for himself, it wouldn't even be some noble thing if he took less so they didn't have to give up a core piece.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"The 10-year deal with Nike has the potential to reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package, two people familiar with the terms of the deal told USA TODAY Sports."

Yeah, taking 5 million less is really gonna hurt KD's pockets with his guaranteed Nike deal he got a couple of years ago. :mjlol:

:russ:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
"The 10-year deal with Nike has the potential to reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package, two people familiar with the terms of the deal told USA TODAY Sports."

Yeah, taking 5 million less is really gonna hurt KD's pockets with his guaranteed Nike deal he got a couple of years ago. :mjlol:
Superstars can take a pay cut cuz their endorsements will more than makeup for whatever losses they'll take in the pay-cut. We clown these B-level stars for demanding the max, but for them that's all the money they'll make. They're not getting signature shoes and commercials.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town

And he got over $150 million before turning 30.

Yeah I think he'll be aight :mjlol:

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
KD has the audacity to take less money to keep a phenomenal team together to win championships?:ohhh: :hhh:

Hoe ass nikka :troll:

nah b. KD gotta go get that cash. fukk his teammates. he gotta have 12 houses instead of 8. he needs more cars. that 2017 lamborghini aventador aint gonna buy itself.