Kevin Durant disses Stephen A for saying Dantoni 3s or Layups, Jordan focused marketing negatively impacted basketball

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Clutch gene, final loses, ring counting and all that dumb shyt started with Skip and Stephen A. Like Draymon said these people don't actually analyze the game. It's nothing but hot takes.
Just watch nfl live. They actually break down the game have actually discussions relating to the sport. I blame silver for allowing nba media coverage being a clown show. Kobe tried to change that with details but he was taken too soon

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KD says or appeared to have implied that "talking heads" are taking money off the table for certain players. Do we have any examples as to whon hes referring to?

Daps
Shannon don’t belong in that group.

Also Shannon is also a high level elite player, champion and hall of famer.

while these other guys never played one moment as pros and wrote on notepads, type writers, and computers for years

You couldn’t get one gem of proper technique from them over Shannon

Shannon absolutely belongs in that group. He frames his arguments based on who at the moment is in proximity to his favorite player.

Steph is the hot thing? Hating
Kawhi is the hot thing? Hating
Kevin is the hot thing? Hating

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Shannon absolutely belongs in that group. He frames his arguments based on who at the moment is in proximity to his favorite player.

Steph is the hot thing? Hating
Kawhi is the hot thing? Hating
Kevin is the hot thing? Hating

I’ve seen Shannon give props and respect to all 3 of the players you named

His arguments have a lot more naunce and context based off the specific discussion him and Skip are going at it about.

But he’s never disrespectful and at minimum he’s trolling and having fun but he gives those guys props

Daps

His arguments have a lot more naunce and context based off the specific discussion him and Skip are going at it about.

But he’s never disrespectful and at minimum he’s trolling and having fun but he gives those guys props

Stop it…when any of those guys became a “threat” to Bron’s position or an obstacle all of a sudden he found fault in all of them.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t even watch Skip and Shannon anymore

They have like 5-6 segments on Lebrun daily and if it’s not Bron it’s about KD, the Cowboys or Tom Brady. The show sucks

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Stop it…when any of those guys became a “threat” to Bron’s position or an obstacle all of a sudden he found fault in all of them.

Stop it

He only using the same logic and rules that been applied to Bron if we keeping 100

Which I don’t see a problem with if we really trynna keep the goalpost in the same spot across the platform

We really don’t need to go back and forth with some YouTube clips cuz there are countless examples

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
All KD has to say is look at how they talk about NFL on espn compared to NBA and shyt would change really quickly

No it wouldn't. The only shyt would change is Silver grows some balls and pulls a Rodger Goodell on these networks whenever they talk about their sport out of pocket. That's exactly what he did both times when Hill and Simmons popped shyt about the NFL years back.

Gave them a trash ass MNF schedule for years to the point that ESPN openly started complaining about it with in paying more than everyone else for the NFL games.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Just watch nfl live. They actually break down the game have actually discussions relating to the sport. I blame silver for allowing nba media coverage being a clown show. Kobe tried to change that with details but he was taken too soon

Bringing Detail back with analysts that can do the job would be great. ESPN could promote it within a block of shows that deal with deeper breakdowns. If they did an NFL/NBA twin half hour shows like that I think they’d get a lot of success from it.

It’s weird, because I think the real issue is balance. Let’s admit, the hot takes clearly drive ratings. But they can’t be the only thing out there in the ecosystem of NBA discourse. My criticism with the NBA beyond not being as visible as it could be is that it doesn’t promote itself seriously enough. It’s not the prestige of championship accolades that motivates players as much as rising above the hot takes is.

There has to be moments where the NBA presents itself as a prestige sport. The NBA needs to celebrate its history more, educate fans on its history, restore as much footage as possible, play up heritages with yearly commemorations like throwback nights for example.

I think that’s where the idea of “team” marketing fails. When you present your product as something dependent upon the transient nature of individual stars it makes it hard to promote the value of the teams themselves. They’re merely color/logo coded vessels which carry the individual stars and that’s all. Teams and their legacies don’t have legs to stand on while the focus is solely on individual legacies. The few teams that do have prestige are treated like conveniently placed anomalies while the idea of other teams reaching prestige of their own is viewed as nearly impossible and mostly unnecessary compared to a superstar slaying the latest hot take.

I’ll end my post by posing this question: if the heats had a truly viable megastar right now, would they be promoting the superstar or the “culture”?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think KD embarrasses himself on social media at times, but in this case he was 100% accurate. It was the media that individualized the sport, not the players, and thin-skinned sensitive media guys do a LOT more damage than thin-skinned players.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

:mjlol: