Kerry Washington: “I Would Not Have Done ‘Scandal’ If President Were Black”

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

because she says people will compare the black presidents actions to Obama, giving a negative image to the idea/image of a black president. its a double negative, she can't win with y'all either way. if there was a black president y'all would be criticizing the show as being disrespectful to the president

She's perpetuating the stereotype of black women as hoes. Whenever a black woman is on TV/movies she's either a slut or she's unattractive. Either way she appears as something that a self-respecting man would not want.

It would be more disrespectful to Obama if she was a white woman and the president was black, because that feeds into the stereotype that black men lust for white women and can't help themselves whenever a white woman looks their way. Nobody ever expects a powerful black man to cheat with a black woman.

Furthermore people would say the show is disrespectful to Obama if the black president was mixed and had an obvious resemblance. If we've got Wesley Snipes or Dennis Haysbert as the president then no, people wouldn't be getting mad like that.

I think the only show I've watched so far that features a black woman that is attractive, intelligent, and not someone's slut is Suits

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
She's perpetuating the stereotype of black women as hoes. Whenever a black woman is on TV/movies she's either a slut or she's unattractive. Either way she appears as something that a self-respecting man would not want.

It would be more disrespectful to Obama if she was a white woman and the president was black, because that feeds into the stereotype that black men lust for white women and can't help themselves whenever a white woman looks their way. Nobody ever expects a powerful black man to cheat with a black woman.

Furthermore people would say the show is disrespectful to Obama if the black president was mixed and had an obvious resemblance. If we've got Wesley Snipes or Dennis Haysbert as the president then no, people wouldn't be getting mad like that.

I think the only show I've watched so far that features a black woman that is attractive, intelligent, and not someone's slut is Suits

its a double negative, she can't win with y'all either way
[/COLOR]

Luchini

Not here for you.
Daps
I mean I see both sides of the argument but some of these posts are just cringe worthy.

What is there to see? This is clearly a bait thread judging by the title alone and op you stole this thread from LSA :wrist:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:ohhh: Wise Man you are, some sister said the exact same thing in the comments. White wife is pregnant too. So not just a wench, but a crappy person period :skip:

I have SM on ignore but sometimes I read his quotes via other posts and he seems to have extreme opinions on every side of the spectrum. I didn't expect to read that from him......but then I did. I wanted it to be one way......and it was.....but it was also the other way. :mindblown:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
I will NEVER understand the anger y'all nikkas feel when it comes to white men and black women hookin' up :wtf:

And the thing is....only God himself can tell me it ain't some of y'all SAME nikkas who like to be PAWGin' :usure:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I will NEVER understand the anger y'all nikkas feel when it comes to white men and black women hookin' up :wtf:

And the thing is....only God himself can tell me it ain't some of y'all SAME nikkas who like to be PAWGin' :usure:

to me, its honestly not even that he's just a white guy... its that she comes off as some STRONG black woman, who is supposed to be a role model and is literally crippled by a white guy who, lets be clear, is a weak ass muthafukka. dude is getting ran in his life, has no balls and she basically made him her damn self. Yet, we got a strong BLACK MAN on the other side, who loves her and understands her but she's not feeling him. :mindblown: if the senator was white it'd be alot better, but to go out of your way to pick the taken, less qualified white dude over the brotha, on some "love" shyt is shonda :troll: her fans...

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have SM on ignore but sometimes I read his quotes via other posts and he seems to have extreme opinions on every side of the spectrum. I didn't expect to read that from him......but then I did. I wanted it to be one way......and it was.....but it was also the other way. :mindblown:

hahah. I'll watch it now for sure.

You will never understand the nation of islam breh

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Sort of unrelated, but I've been looking around the net to see if us/LSA are the only ones that disagree w/ Scandal's message. Is it true that no one is really criticizing Scandal for it's stereotypes outside of the-Coli and LSA?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I hate this show, its concept, and how so many so-called, "strong, independent" women are eating this shyt up like a pig eating slop. I never had a problem with interracial dating, but I do have a problem with accepting my race being dogged out and set backwards.

"Guess who" made me more :pacspit: then "Something New" though.