Kerry Washington: “I Would Not Have Done ‘Scandal’ If President Were Black”

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
Either way its a bad look.

Black president and people would compare it to Obama, oversexualization with black men, etc.

White president and she looks like a black cumrag for a powerful white man that's never gonna leave his wife and have a legitimate relationship with her.

Exactly. If she was worried about race relations she shouldn't of done the show.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I haven't watch the showed, but I bet the reason it's doing so well is because all these black women who wish to one day rest in the arms a white man, are eating it up. Kerry is practically acting out how the cac whorshipping black women fantasy.

:smugfavre:

I don't doubt that at all. My question is, what's wrong with that? As more bw seek relationships outside their race why wouldn't they identity with a show that represents that?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:comeon:

Black people should be able to be just be regular individual people that are different and makes mistakes like anyone else. Running away and avoiding the problem will not help with white folks opinions. If anything it will hurt because nothing will change. It will be status quo

thats not reality. key word is "should". Just look at this thread. Black people are always judged by others against the typical image of a black man/woman in America. Additionally, black folks judge black folks against our OWN image of what a good black man/woman is. Anyone that acts outside that image or rejects that image or plays into the image the OTHER group subscribes to, is criticized

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
On numerous boards this false meme of an Akon song plays true. Plenty of shows have had black leads. Look them up. Just like bw complaining that this type of union is rarely shown when throughout history on television that is false. I don't know what it is, but both sides just love that victim role.

Plenty? Name me some.

I am speaking of black folk getting leads now not 20 years ago.

Binary

Banned
Daps
Honestly, I don't give a shyt about this chick or the show. The live tweeting of this show ruins my timeline :damn:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Plenty? Name me some.

I am speaking of black folk getting leads now not 20 years ago.

On my phone so I won't be able to pull that up. But didn't Washington (forgot his first name) have a lead before his anti-gay rant?

Denzel?

Taye Diggs?

There's got to be more.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps

thats not reality. key word is "should". Just look at this thread. Black people are always judged by others against the typical image of a black man/woman in America. Additionally, black folks judge black folks against our OWN image of what a good black man/woman is. Anyone that acts outside that image or rejects that image or plays into the image the OTHER group subscribes to, is criticized

That limits us as a community though. It doesn't make us real. That is why we are able to mask our problems so well and blame others for them. How long can we avoid being criticized by others?

How does not showing any of our inadequacies lessen our stereotypes?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why they all got to be the same though?

It is like me comparing the "Scandal" president to Bush/Clinton because he is white. It is foolish.

:what: why are you killing the messenger? yes, us reasonable individuals can see how ridiculous this is, but do you honestly believe that millions of ignorant people wouldn't draw ridiculous comparisons?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That limits us a community though. It doesn't make us real. That is why we are able to mask our problems so well and blame others for them. How long can we avoid being criticized by others?

How does not showing any of our inadequacies lessen our stereotypes?

I agree with your first sentence. thats why i see the awkward position Kerry Washington is in.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:smugfavre:

I don't doubt that at all. My question is, what's wrong with that? As more bw seek relationships outside their race why wouldn't they identity with a show that represents that?

shiiiiiit

It ain't my problem. the cacs can have these shec00ns for all I care. At this point, they can't be saved. Let them devour over massa descendants.