Kerry Washington: “I Would Not Have Done ‘Scandal’ If President Were Black”

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It is more of a disrespect to future black president(s). A black president needs to be a normal thing from now on. Why would she feel it is disrespectful if the show has a black president that isn't Obama? But it is OK that it is a white president?

because she says people will compare the black presidents actions to Obama, giving a negative image to the idea/image of a black president. its a double negative, she can't win with y'all either way. if there was a black president y'all would be criticizing the show as being disrespectful to the president

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is more of a disrespect to future black president(s). A black president needs to be a normal thing from now on. Why would she feel it is disrespectful if the show has a black president that isn't Obama? But it is OK that it is a white president?

Cause white folk are going to say see that nikka on ABC, Obama just like that nikka. It plays into the stereotype of black male oversexualization.
bytch was probably in paradise during that whole django production. She a modern day comfort girl :krs:
:pachaha: ruthless.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps

because she says people will compare the black presidents actions to Obama, giving a negative image to the idea/image of a black president. its a double negative, she can't win with y'all either way. if there was a black president y'all would be criticizing the show as being disrespectful to the president

Why they all got to be the same though?

It is like me comparing the "Scandal" president to Bush/Clinton because he is white. It is foolish.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
i respect her position here

lol at star jones taking a television drama so serious, she go "peaches" the guy who plays president fitzgerald when she see him in real life on some low down dirty shame shyt lol

its a drama, its supposed to keep people interested, hell the dude she dumped aint even a real brother he a corny brother.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
Cause white folk are going to say see that nikka on ABC, Obama just like that nikka. It plays into the stereotype of black male oversexualization.

But it doesn't play a part in white male oversexualization?:stopitslime:

If she cared so much about race relations she would of gave 'Scandal' the deuces. 'Scandal' makes black folk look bad regardless. Could at least give a brotha a leading role on ABC. :leon:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
So I never seen this show and I decided to youtube it

Aight...so i type in olivia pope and this vid comes up

Watched it all the way through brehs and it was c00n central

1. Her and grandad cac flirting

2. She getting fingered and kissed by another cac (president)

3. Last scene another old cac looking at her like ":ahh: ima tear this ****** p*ssy up"

These are the type of shows our black women are watching ?:childplease:

Last edited by a moderator:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Either way its a bad look.

Black president and people would compare it to Obama, oversexualization with black men, etc.

White president and she looks like a black cumrag for a powerful white man that's never gonna leave his wife and have a legitimate relationship with her.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

3 points for this man.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps

Are you white?

:comeon:

Black people should be able to be just be regular individual people that are different and makes mistakes like anyone else. Running away and avoiding the problem will not help with white folks opinions. If anything it will hurt because nothing will change. It will be status quo

Just Curious

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SALTS don't try to disgrace her political platform because she is playing a character. Scandal is the GOAT btw.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I've always thought that she was part of that "something new" movement amongst black women. I just don't trust those kind of women.

Interracial dating amongst bw/wm has been going on since the beginning of time. Nothing new about it and they are the trailblazers. Shout out to the Lovings :smugbiden:

But it doesn't play a part in white male oversexualization?:stopitslime:

If she cared so much about race relations she would of gave 'Scandal' the deuces. 'Scandal' makes black folk look bad regardless. Could at least give a brotha a leading role on ABC. :leon:

On numerous boards this false meme of an Akon song plays true. Plenty of shows have had black leads. Look them up. Just like bw complaining that this type of union is rarely shown when throughout history on television that is false. I don't know what it is, but both sides just love that victim role.