Kenyan artist Michael Soi upsets Chinese delegation with his art work.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This broad keeps talking about blind faith and pedestals when no one is even on all that. nikkas are just getting money. wtf. :what:

you think the chinese trust or put the U.S on a pedestal when they opened their borders and took over americas manual labor? no. China needed the work, and the U.S needed the cheap labor, it was mutual. Doesnt mean any had faith in each other or any of that nonsense. What a nation does with the money is on them.
what does china have politically that africa lack?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Breh. China isn't going to attack Africa. It's almost like nothing positive can come of this. Africa is gaining infrastructure and wealth and all you see is invasion and negativity. How the fukk do you think you will ever advance in this world?
You can't create some self sustaining unconquerable nation like Wakanda you silly mofukkas smh
Shut off trade with the rest of the world and see how that works out. Cease all imports and exports and attempt pure internal organic growth without any external investment, consultation or assistance. Remove all foreign workers and undo all the work and progress they have made. Start from scratch. Become the hermit kingdom so many posters in this thread apparently desire.

Now, my friend from across the seas, take a look at North Korea. And tell me how prosperous and magnificent they are.
That's actually how africa fell into the dark ages. Arabs and cacs had the oceans conquered and we're able to completely isolate the non sand cac parts of africa from trade.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I agree...my issue on this topic is the blind faith that the chinese are above the west. They are not...they are the current nation thay african leaders turn to...to in part spite the west. But if they think that the chinese are the second coming and the west os the only one that they need to focus on than they will regret it. You're right its not about trust its about oportunity but the question what kind of precedence has african leadership set? You can''t blame people to have their reservations.

Nope, I can't blame them at all because as an African I have the same reservations. With that said information moves at a much faster pace these days and where African dictatorship thrived on the ignorance of the public, it's harder to count on people's ignorance these days. A lot more independent voices ring loud these days because of the internet, and if the north Africans learned to make use of that advantage (for the arab spring) I don't see why the rest of Africa can't either.

For sure anything is possible, and history may yet repeat itself if we're not careful. But we've got the truth closer to our eyes and ears than our ancestor's ever dreamed of having. We've basically got no excuses to not protect ourselves.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Make sure you check out some of his other art pieces.
soi9.jpg

Omari-and-his-Women.-©-Michael-Soi-1000-x-666.jpg

s287461216789818745_p281_i1_w640.jpeg

He would totally fit in here at the Coli.

http://www.afroart.us/store/c10/Michael_Soi.html

Thanks. Those prices are gonna crack my pockets but I'm gonna support him and other black / african artists

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
That's actually how africa fell into the dark ages. Arabs and cacs had the oceans conquered and we're able to completely isolate the non sand cac parts of africa from trade.
The thing about Africa is that its natural resources are among the richest in the world. Now yall seem extremely intent on keeping it for yourselves.

What will you do with it? Rare earth metals and mineral ore don't build buildings or airports, or feed homes. Crude oil may fuel industry and create plastics, but that's inevitably going to run out. If you maintain a stranglehold on your own resources they're just going to chill in the ground until they decay. Or you could just create massive stockpiles of them and trade them between yourselves, and go back to using gold as currency.

The point is, the world needs to be connected to advance. If one man in a team doesn't play neither he or the team benefits. Now if he decides to play, it is up to HIM to negotiate the terms.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Business is poker and you have to play your cards right if you want to win but you can't play without chips. If africa had millions of engineers, neurosurgeons, geologists, agriculturalists, biologists, advanced military industrialists, manufacturers they wouldn't have to sell their shyt so cheap. Alot of key professions need to be mastered on the continent before you will see the kind of progress you want and it takes time to get enough of these people to give this knowledge back to the people. The literacy rate has to be greatly improved for starters
I agree...that is not what I am saying. What I am talking about is different than what you are saying...africans need to trade but trade in a way that is mutually beneficial.
Dont ask me any questions until you answer the half a dozen you oso skipped over.
those questions werw not related to the topic but for you to assess my intelligence. So no I won't answer them!

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I agree...that is not what I am saying. What I am talking about is different than what you are saying...africans need to trade but trade in a way that is

those questions werw not related to the topic but for you to assess my intelligence. So no I won't answer them!
yes they were. I asked who did they invade, what wars did they start (which does not pertain to their land).
I also asked, who the fukk should africa trade with then and how? since they are doing it wrong and you know it all.
I also asked you if china opening up its borders to the U.S was a mistake and if china treated that alliance cautiously....
did it mean china had full faith that america was its savior?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
They are not raping the continent at all. The only people that say this are westerners and its because cacs can not believe anyone can do such things without raping (their nature). It is foreign to them to actually assist people without raping. However, some african countries have better deals than others, the resources they have to offer probably have something to do with it. My country has a fantastic deal, we are in control of everything. I hear other countries, who probably have incompetent leaders, have worse deals. Like someone mentioned earlier, matters on the country.

As for chinese men creating a sub-race of mixed children. That is just ludicrous.
What's your country? :lupe:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Breh. China isn't going to attack Africa. It's almost like nothing positive can come of this. Africa is gaining infrastructure and wealth and all you see is invasion and negativity. How the fukk do you think you will ever advance in this world?
You can't create some self sustaining unconquerable nation like Wakanda you silly mofukkas smh
Shut off trade with the rest of the world and see how that works out. Cease all imports and exports and attempt pure internal organic growth without any external investment, consultation or assistance. Remove all foreign workers and undo all the work and progress they have made. Start from scratch. Become the hermit kingdom so many posters in this thread apparently desire.

Now, my friend from across the seas, take a look at North Korea. And tell me how prosperous and magnificent they are.

:dwillhuh: You really are stupid....

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
China got a foothold because they focused on infrastructure, the greatest need for many African countries. Western countries and their agencies had stopped focusing on those things a long time ago. They preferred to have interventions at a micro level, some village project here and there and some donation of food (which killed local farmers) and those type of interventions. China was at a similar level to many of those countries barely 3 decades back so they understand the game better than mostly Western institutions that believe you can import ideas suited to developed economies like tax cuts, privatization etc. Resources are only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for, and the big buyer these days of those commodity is China. It could be argued that without its rise those commodities like iron ore,copper,steel etc wouldn't be as valuable. African nations are going to trade and because of their deficiencies have to look for external support for many of the big projects. The view of Africa politically is different in China compared to the US for example. In the US the narrative is driven by a helpless continent that needs to be helped, it wasn't even a big foreign policy area for the country.For instance when they had the summit with those leaders they barely had much African press and the press that did show up preferred to ask Obama about other domestic issues.

There are many sides to the China-Africa story but for the most part the countries that have managed to get good deals with them have made out fine.Zambia's copper industry was virtually dead before China and they have revived it after previous owners bolted. The Chinese built the railway between Zambia and Tanzania in the 70s to help landlocked Southern African countries reduce dependence on Apartheid SA and its sponsored bandits in the region, this was when the West was complicit in supporting Apartheid SA. They were also training freedom fighters in then Rhodesia while the West again was going through the motions in condemning those bad actors, they were on hand to establish lines of credit to Angola after the civil war ended with the formerly Western sponsored Savimbi. China established goodwill in parts of Africa way before it became a topical issue in the Western press. And its not like African countries have not tried the alternative of IMF/WB which failed spectacularly, its not only African countries but Latin American countries where China has been gaining a big foothold loaning even bigger amounts to Argentina and Venezuela than any single African country that we never get to read about in the same way the Africa-China story is told.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Nope, I can't blame them at all because as an African I have the same reservations. With that said information moves at a much faster pace these days and where African dictatorship thrived on the ignorance of the public, it's harder to count on people's ignorance these days. A lot more independent voices ring loud these days because of the internet, and if the north Africans learned to make use of that advantage (for the arab spring) I don't see why the rest of Africa can't either.

For sure anything is possible, and history may yet repeat itself if we're not careful. But we've got the truth closer to our eyes and ears than our ancestor's ever dreamed of having. We've basically got no excuses to not protect ourselves.
Well said!

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

I sorry is that what has bern said in ths thread? You are too busy getting on your soapbox that you don't hear what is being said in this thread.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Every single one was brought to them. :what:
The only war that shaped current day china is a civil war, so I dont even know what that has to do with outside interference. you cant list ONE war the chinese have started. Not a single one.
Lol...you are not as smart as you claim to be. Nowhere have I emphasized war yet you keep referring to it.