Kendu (Drug Dealer from Late 80s Early 90s Brooklyn) on Humans Of NY IG Post

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Respect Man

Them nikkas in the 80's came out of the extreme poverty of the 70's and 60's. For reference look at at documentary like 80 blocks from Tiffanys or Rubble Kings, look at how NYC was essentially a post apocalyptic shythole. Blacks/Hispanics mostly lived in abandoned buildings and slumlord conditions then.

4-5 years later, crack came out and that was a huge lottery ticket for everyone in the hood. Consequences be damned. It was a giant rat trap. But these nikkas was fly and they were cold and had brilliant business minds. Imagine if they were afforded those same opportunities as massa.

They would all be CEO's and corporate muthafukkas like JayZ.

In fact that's why he does so well. He is the living embodiment of someone who slipped through the cracks. No pun intended.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
nikkas be knowing all about these corny hustler nikkas but don't know shyt about George and Jonathan Jackson, Bunchy Carter, Robert F Williams, etc.

shyt is tired.

Mind you my parents grew up with Kendu, Calvin Klein, and 50 Cent.

certain aspects I respect. But nikkas glamorize street life for all the wrong reasons now.

Black youth admires gangsters because they represent the rebellious attitude and strength that many of them either wish they had or strive to have. And thats not a bad thing as long as that strength/rebellion is used for a good purpose. Shouldnt be used to sell poison to our people as apart of the white man's plan to get us out of here...or to kill another nikka for stepping on your shoes....

Be a gangster for the right purpose...at that point its not being a gangster its just being a solid man...who lives by his own rules and has a strong code of ethics...

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Them nikkas in the 80's came out of the extreme poverty of the 70's and 60's. For reference look at at documentary like 80 blocks from Tiffanys or Rubble Kings, look at how NYC was essentially a post apocalyptic shythole. Blacks/Hispanics mostly lived in abandoned buildings and slumlord conditions then.

4-5 years later, crack came out and that was a huge lottery ticket for everyone in the hood. Consequences be damned. It was a giant rat trap. But these nikkas was fly and they were cold and had brilliant business minds. Imagine if they were afforded those same opportunities as massa.

They would all be CEO's and corporate muthafukkas like JayZ.

In fact that's why he does so well. He is the living embodiment of someone who slipped through the cracks. No pun intended.

nikkas like Kendu, Ra'sun, Supreme, Prince, Boy George, Alpo, Rich and whoever else were genius but all for the wrong purpose. I feel you can admire their style and aura but not what they did...some may argue its one in the same...but at the end of the day these dudes were products of their environment and rised above the odds...but like you said it was a big trap to provoke mass incarceration which most of then fell for

Hov, J Prince, Master P, Slim some of the few that made it..... but at the same time being a CEO in the corporate world isnt the end all be all of success to me... corporate world can be just as dirty and diabolical as the streets

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Never knew about that Humans Of NY post with Kendu...crazy

Blanco IG is dope as shyt...all old pics of the Gs & hustlers

these dudes swag was next level :wow:
Facts..The streets used to dictate how the rappers dressed now its reversed

I still want a pair of those Agassi's :wow:

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reagan destroyed the black community by funneling drugs into the inner city then created legislation slanted to lock black drug offenders up disproportionately with football number type sentences.

Bill Clinton put that shyt on steroids with his three strikes and other laws that led to mass incarceration of black men.
That's why I'll always say fukk the Clintons and motherfukk Ronald Reagan. :pacspit:
Dont sell the white man's drugs....like how hard is it:francis:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
3k a month to live in one of the worst developments in the whole tristate.

when we got called off the list it was way less than that. thats why we went on the waitlist in the first place, we were running out of housing options and based off our income a one bed was like 700 something. unless it recently privatized i still think its a very affordable place to live. but yeah... no thanks. when i saw that people were "taking their dogs out" by literally opening their doors and letting the dogs shyt in the halls i said no

Daps
His sentence seems unfair on the surface. But then you consider the cumulative effects of his dealings. How many children were hit by stray bullets etc.?

While I love reading stories about king pins from the 80s, I'll never romanticize them, or feel much sympathy for them. Im happy for his daughter though.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
His sentence seems unfair on the surface. But then you consider the cumulative effects of his dealings. How many children were hit by stray bullets etc.?

While I love reading stories about king pins from the 80s, I'll never romanticize them, or feel much sympathy for them. Im happy for his daughter though.

Fair

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Dont sell the white man's drugs....like how hard is it:francis:

In 83 what were the alternatives, I'll wait...

Do your history breh, it explains a lot of why the crack epidemic went down the way it did.

It wasn't as simple as don't sell drugs. Your applying 2017 logic to the past. Don't work that way.

Why not, they are victims too. Them nikkas spent their entire lives chasing fools gold.

Once again, I BEG YOU nikkaS TO DO YOUR HISTORY ON WHAT YOUR PEOPLE BEEN THROUGH.

In the 80's there was literally no choice. Jay Z breaks this shyt down brilliantly in his music. And I think you guys apply the logic of today's clown ass generation to the past.

That's where u mess up. Because those dudes were living in EXTREME POVERTY, most people in NYC lived in abandoned buildings at that time. Straight up dens, good frame of reference is documentaries like "Rubble Kings", "80 Blocks from Tiffanys", "Harlem: Our Faces, Our Voices" etc. they lived in ground zero level circumstances. There was no school, there were no jobs, you couldn't even be a train conductor or bus operator back then.

So when u take someone is dirt level homeless poor and tell them there is a MILLION DOLLAR OPPORTUNITY right there for them. What you think they gonna do!?!?!?

Let me ask you this... WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!? Your mom hungry, your sister pregnant, and you don't have any options outside of low lever labor minimum wage work? You gon trap.

These nikkas ain't choose that life, that shyt was a game of survival.

I was lucky enough to have uncles who explained these things to me.