• Total voters

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
lol you are just downplaying kdot hard now..

All kendrick has is fast rapping and annotation..lets add creativity, content, and lyricism to that

and drake making music about women sometimes? try everytime LOL, lets see him rap about something other than being all emo on an project and ill see where he stands in the creative department. He's practically made 2 same albums..drake better with concepts lmao..outta here with that shyt brah

Whats creativity to you? Skits about growing up to go fukk women?

Oh how about robbing people?

What about the one where we brag about treating women like shyt.

Where are these "creative" songs?

Oh...Kendrick doesn't like alcohol...cute. :deadrose:

He's a hipsters version of a gangster rapper.

Drake has done more to progress the sound of hip-hop than Kendrick has.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake is a MUCH better artist, but Kendrick is a slightly better rapper. People will talk all the shyt about Drake they want, justifiably so in some cases, but no one claims he can't spit. If he ever decided to make a STRICTLY Hip hop album without any of the gay R&B shyt he usually includes I guarantee it would be better than anything Kendrick will ever release. + on both songs they've rapped together on (F'in Problem, Poetic Justice) Drake had the better verse
So far gone crushes most rappers real albums and I like section 80 but desks showed so much versatility that he gets the nod . His rapping on there was impeccable I remember people saying drake must ghostwrite for wheezy
Thats the thing though.
So far gone is a creative ass Mixtape I put it above sec
I've never been THAT impressed with dudes lyrics.

He's better than J Cole and he understands the use of poetry, but hes not as refined as people make him out to be.

Hes not a BAD artist, but Drake is just a better one. Thats where we have to leave it.

No one can say Drake hasn't proved himself to the world time and time again.

Dude hasn't had a wack feature in almost 3 years since hes been on the mainstream.

Drake hands down . Kdot just isnt as good as drake while he's a good rapper lets see how his follow up goes

Never Broke Again

Save stuff for the 2020 Posty's
Daps
Reppin
DC
Drake. He is better at killing features, making hits, and he's a better artist. Kendrick might have a slight advantage lyrically but that's it

:heh: at Kendrick becoming number 1. Holla at me when he has multiple platinum plaques and #1 albums. Drakes EP of free music sold more than his albun

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland

So Drake has creative songs and concepts now?

Please post some examples

And how has progressed the sound of Hip Hop?

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about you guys but these drake stans are hilarious

:violent:

tumblr_m7p5hoZLxO1rnz1gso2_500.gif

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

its filled with them on section 80 and gkmc. Lets see you try to name any drake song that matches up. Ohhhh lets talk about girls and how much of a simp i am on another 40 beat..creative stuff right there

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So Drake has creative songs and concepts now?

Please post some examples

And how has progressed the sound of Hip Hop?

His work with 40 and a lot of his single releases in between albums created a sound that a lot of artists are exploiting right now.

That whole vibed out rap is Drake's lane.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Son, I know who I am as a person. I don't need to listen to music about religion, or god (shyt I don't believe in) or some other ethnocentric bullshyt that gets beaten to death (and i'm a minority myself) to validate the type of music I listen to.

Yall keep pushing this revolutionary wannabe rebel type dudes as if they're better than artists that make good music for good music's sake.

I watch the news. I read books. I have degrees. I'm informed. Ain't shyt Kendrick is telling me about the real world. Thats the problem with these "conscious" dudes who think their high-school level grasp of how the world works is going to persuade me into accepting their music.

You think Kendrick was spitting shyt on Hiiipower? WORD? You felt moved by that? Cause he dropped malcolm and martin in the track?

Music is entertainment to me first and foremost. If its not doing that FIRST, then fukk a message.

If Kendrick is impressing you so much, you're probably losing in real life seeing as there is so much you really don't understand.

If you first learned about the Palestinian conflict from Lupe fiasco, you've got a LONG road ahead of you.

Son, I don't need to listen to music about how complex things are with women because I've been in relationships with them, fukked them, married one of them, (I'm a man myself) and dealt with them enough to know that women are a complex thing.

I don't need to know that success brings haters, something that's been beaten to death, ain't shyt Drake is telling me about the entertainment industry that's new or awe inspiring. It's the same old story told by a Canadian dressed with YCMB wrapping.

Music has to entertain me by catching my attention FIRST, if what your saying isn't in any way meaningful or redundant, then fukk your harmonizing and simping subject matter.

You think Drake was spitting shyt on Find Your Love? Marvin's Room? Doing The Wrong Thing? What because he got dumped by a chick? You felt moved by that!???! That shyt rocked your world huh?:skip:

If Drake is so entertaining to you, your probably losing at real life because you don't understand women and think that the pressures of fame are an exciting and mentally stimulating topic..

See what I did there champ?:usure:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I hate discussions that make me hate on a rappers I like but Kdot isnt better than drake . I don't get why drake being a hook Machine who can sing is treated like a bad thing by people? His second album Sounds different its a more polished sound and shows growth . The guy raps about relationships so what ? Every Rick Ross song is him rapping lavish ridiculous ducktales about drugs woman And balling that's ok? Most regular understand break ups and growing up and growing apart that's life . He can rap so acting like Kdot is killing him lyrically when on both songs together he killed him.
Drake drops some introspective stuff for a popular rapper .

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
kdot has a dope flow and is nice with concepts

drake has various dope flows and drops nice punchlines/double entendres

only 2 things really annoy me about kdot

1. :aicmon: concepts dont have good replayability to me so its only really :wow: on the first listen

2. the nikka doesn't entertain me, feel like he's just rapping at me im never like :pachaha: at anything he says, or quote anything other than "fock dot"

my problems with drake are

1. he does drop alot of soft shyt, even tho he gets points for not fronting or actin tough for nikkas.. :aicmon: cmon fam man up

2. he has yet to give people what they really want from him, a full rap album

in short, my only real problem with drake is his bytch persona and not dropping enough rap tracks

my problems with kendrick are actually with how he raps

drake on his rap shyt> kendrick on his rap shyt :yeshrug: