Kendrick = the New Pitbull/ Flo-Rida

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick was always pop rap (especially once GKMC dropped) so this isn't surprising at all. His base is made up of casuals and hipsters. His music doesn't stand for shyt.

Which makes it all the more hilarious because Duckworth's blatant attempts at pop show how little charisma he has in comparison to 9 All Powerful :mjlol:

But go ahead and ramble off-topic bout anyone but K Dot Minaj, especially ASAP Rocky and SirBiatch :umad:

I'm a Kendrick fan but I'm always :scust: :snoop: at these OBVIOUS cac pleasing features he's been doing, Interscope really got this nikka in their pockets :wow:

TruDatz

All Star
Daps
Bullshyt numerous 90s hip hop artists did business with POP and ROCK cats

Hip hop is A CANNIBILISTIC CULTURE VULTURE that has no ideas or codes....

Shoutout to @The Fire

Anything goes

Well damn :dame:

I don't know about all that but you should remember that Hip Hop used to be just as popular as Pop and a lot of that had to do with MTV. MTV opened hip hop to White America,, but hip hop artists still remained hip hop.

for example, Pac's How Do you Want It w/ Kci and Jojo went Number 1. Hip hop stars used to do crazy numbers with album / record sales but still remained black music. Now its like the only hip hop records that do well on the charts are trap records and the only consistent hip hop artists on the charts are Drake, Big Sean, and maybe Future.

We dont have stars no more

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That feature money good but that shyt is trash.

Must be a lot of lame industry nikkas if kendrick is doing so many songs with pop acts.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Well damn :dame:

I don't know about all that but you should remember that Hip Hop used to be just as popular as Pop and a lot of that had to do with MTV. MTV opened hip hop to White America,, but hip hop artists still remained hip hop.

for example, Pac's How Do you Want It w/ Kci and Jojo went Number 1. Hip hop stars used to do crazy numbers with album / record sales but still remained black music. Now its like the only hip hop records that do well on the charts are trap records and the only consistent hip hop artists on the charts are Drake, Big Sean, and maybe Future.

We dont have stars no more
People underestimate the popularity of MTV when they talk about the death of the music industry. Shows like TRL elevated so many careers.

Also, fukk Kendrick for this shyt. At least Drake make real hit records that people listen to. Nobody bumping this corny Kendrick pop shyt

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Shut the fukk up. Cringe ass fukk post
This man is furious
4GlN0xBR.png

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Florida and pit bull don't make classic albums.

Kendrick does.

Can't be compared till he makes trash albums

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
It's corny but it's low risk high reward for him... his position as the token mainstream "real hip hop lyricist" is so entrenched he go collect these cheap pop checks without suffering any real blowback... he's teflon

Somebody

All Star
Daps
i have zero problem wit rappers doing pop. it just irks me when they suck at it. que lupe and kenny. when they do pop rap, they step comfortably into the kid ink arena.